Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports:Giants to trade Shockey to Saints

Kurd Cudins

The Giants got worse in a hurry......can't believe they traded Shockey. People will point too, that Manning lead this team w/o Shockey in playoffs. The bottom line on that is, there D lead them, and Manning just made few mistakes.

When will you guys learn.... this is what you said last year when Tiki ducked out and Strahan was considering retiring.

You think Shockey not annoying Eli and the team chemistry is going to hurt after we won a superbowl without him?

:laugh:

Meet Kevin Boss, Justin Tuck and Gerris Wilkinson!!!

When will you guys learn.... this is what you said last year when Tiki ducked out and Strahan was considering retiring.

You think Shockey not annoying Eli and the team chemistry is going to hurt after we won a superbowl without him?

:laugh:

Meet Kevin Boss, Justin Tuck and Gerris Wilkinson!!!

You forgot to put the :laugh: after you named all the crap TEs you have :silly:

Who do you think will play longer, Taylor or Shockey?

Who knows? Shockey hasn't started a whole season in his career. Taylor is an ironman of sorts. Taylor is a far better player than Shockey too. As a matter of fact, Taylor probably has better hands :laugh: .

Shockey's hands:

KYLOUhands_mobley1.jpg

Butter%20Fingers.jpg

This will definitely hurt the Giants. Any Giant fan who says otherwise is still riding there super bowl success and not looking towards this year.

As for Eli - I'm not sold on him either. Sure, he did well in the SB, and in the playoffs. But his defense is what did a majority of the work. Also - for those Giant fans saying this kind of stuff can't be luck? How about the various SB winning QBs who went on to do very little the next year? There are plenty I can name for you.

:laugh: The Giants are the ones with egg on their face!

They could have had the same offer at this years draft but they didn't do it. Now instead of drafting 2 more players this year they have to wait until next year to get any benefits from the trade! Idiots! :doh:

I'm very happy Shockey is out of the division. The Giants have lost some key talent this year. I know they are riding that SB champion wave and still getting love for it, but they may take a step back this year.

The Saints offense is probably going to be pretty sick. Their main question mark is on defense. They'll probably be a team who lights the scoreboard up, but have a defense that can't stop drives. That being said, I can see them winning their division.

You and I both know his blocking ability and continual drawing of double teams are going to be missed. His departure may hurt offensive numbers a bit but will be better in the long run for Eli.:2cents:

It was the fact that he had to block at all that caused this to happen. He wasn't happy with not getting the ball enough and being able to go out on pass routes. He didn't think his talents were being utilized properly. In fact, they were. He became a good blocker which is what the Giants need out of their TE. Shockey wanted no part of that. So, he actually won't be missed since he complained about doing his job.

Kevin Boss is a big man. He has to refine his blocking abilities some but he was doing it pretty well at the end of last year. And he didn't complain about it.

This will definitely hurt the Giants. Any Giant fan who says otherwise is still riding there super bowl success and not looking towards this year.

As for Eli - I'm not sold on him either. Sure, he did well in the SB, and in the playoffs. But his defense is what did a majority of the work. Also - for those Giant fans saying this kind of stuff can't be luck? How about the various SB winning QBs who went on to do very little the next year? There are plenty I can name for you.

I'm a Giants fan who is still riding the high of the Super Bowl win and you know what? This won't hurt the Giants. Shockey would have still complained and try to outshine Eli in and out of the huddle. Kevin Boss will be just fine and they have four other young TE's vying for roster spots. A couple of whom are decent.

The Giants did not miss Shockey when he broke his leg and they won't miss him now that he is gone.

But hey, discount the Giants, please. That is when they come and bite you in the a**. :D

And to add a final note to this topic. Remember, Shockey and Reese had an argument after the draft. That probably is the straw that broke the camel's back or whatever that saying is. Maybe the Giants really had no intention of trading him. But that plus the fact he didn't participate in minicamp and was fined $25,000 for it sealed the deal.

Shockey said he believes he was portrayed inaccurately by the New York media.

"I'm not as wild and rebellious as some say,'' Shockey said. "That's the media. They build you up to knock you down. If you know me, you know me. If not, the rumors fly. You've probably heard it all. I've heard it all. What you see is what you get. I wear my emotion on my sleeve. I'm a true person. I'm not going to be fake or fabricated to anybody.''

Damn shame.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-0-157/Shockey-ready-for-fresh-start.html

Archived