Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Jason Taylor - Speak your Voice

ScottAH87

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

AMONK81, aqq, artmonkforHOF, CaptChaos86, chariq, Cowboy8467, DaEvent, DCMONEY, Dirk Diggler, endzone_dave, Geoff_K, Gibbs=TheBestEver, Higgs44, ILoveTheRedskins, jferraro, Koolblue13, mr2you, NeckBone, Nublar7, pcumberl, pointyfootball, RalphZero, Redskins:Victory_or_Death, Roger.Staubach, SkinsWarrior81, sloppypanda, Stophovr6, Taylor Made, The Big Dog, Thinking Skins, Yusuf06

What route should we have gone?

I like Jason Taylor as a player.

I think he will make the defensive better this season.

If the goal is to win now, then I like this move. It was the best option to improve our team right now.

However, in the long term, I hate this move. We aren't going to win now, we should be rebuilding with a new coach and unproven QB. In that circumstance, you don't trade first day picks for a 34 year old player no matter how much he improves the team. In the long term, we should have just gone with Evans and Wilson and possibly used that 2nd on a player next draft.

So....

With those views, how do I answer this question?

Taylor did a great job on one of the weakest team in the league in the weakest division in the league. He wants out of Miami because with Parcells there, his weaknesses will be exposed for eveyone to see.

The AFC won 8 superbowls from Superbow 32 through 41. The NFC won Superbowl 42. Now, the NFC is dominant. This is history repeating itself.

Taylor will not be 10% as productive as he seemed to be in Miami.

Talk about an overrated primadonna.

Primadonna: a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team.

Taylor is not willing to sacrifice anything at this stage of his career.

Do you know this first hand or is this just your opinion? I lived in South Florida and through all their losing, he NEVER complained. Geez, at least let things begin before you put an end to it. I know Skins fans are frustrated and last year at this time I wanted Vinny gone. But he seems to be putting together a very competative team while stockpiling the roster with young draft picks and UDFA's. (Crummy and Brown).

We didn't address it in the draft because as Vinny said, they didn't feel any DE's were worthy of a 2nd rounder and Merling was taken by Miami earlier. Also, everyone seems to forget that we snagged a former 1st round DE in Erasmus James from the Vikes for a conditional 7th. At 25, if he rehabs the knee (he's running already-non contact though) he could be our future force, not to mention Chris Wilson was really showing something at the end of the year.

Before yesterday, I was drinking that kool-aid too. But making this rash a move kinda shows me how much (little) faith the front office and coaching staff has in these guys. I just hope they're wrong.

This was definitely a great trade. If there are any doubters out there I would like you to name 3 DE better than Taylor and I will give you Freeney and Peppers. We now have two guys on the edges that will eat Quaterbacks every week. This will also help Erasmus James because we don't have to rush him. Now we don't have to rush Marcus and H.B. so much. Go skins!!!!!!!!

Jason Taylor will be another free-agent bust for the Redskins. He is coming here for one reason: to pad his sack total while whiffing against the run, ala Bruce Smith.

Even blind, delusional, jocksniffing homers will figure this out eventually ...... won't they?

Awaiting responses from drooling knuckle-draggers.

Jason Taylor will be another free-agent bust for the Redskins. He is coming here for one reason: to pad his sack total while whiffing against the run, ala Bruce Smith.

Even blind, delusional, jocksniffing homers will figure this out eventually ...... won't they?

Awaiting responses from drooling knuckle-draggers.

Wrong, he wasn't a free agent. Look, we lost Daniels for the season and we needed to make a move. It's either this or sign a veteran off another team's scrap heap. We had enough cap space built-in in case of emergency, and emergency struck. Personally, I'd prefer to have a healthy Philip Daniels. But that's no longer an option. To me, this is the move to make given the circumstances.

I dont much like this trade for the Skins... I can see why the Skins faithfull are all agog, after such debacles as TJ Duckett and Brandon Lloyd...

There's no arguement that Taylor should be a HUGE upgrade for the Skins' pass-rush.

However, I dont think a 34 year-old Jason Taylor makes you good enough to reach the ultimate goal of a SuperBowl... That's why I dont think they should've wasted the picks...

The Redskins will still finish last in the division, so what has this trade really accomplished...:2cents:

I dont much like this trade for the Skins... I can see why the Skins faithfull are all agog, after such debacles as TJ Duckett and Brandon Lloyd...

There's no arguement that Taylor should be a HUGE upgrade for the Skins' pass-rush.

However, I dont think a 34 year-old Jason Taylor makes you good enough to reach the ultimate goal of a SuperBowl... That's why I dont think they should've wasted the picks...

The Redskins will still finish last in the division...:2cents:

WHO THE HELL HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A SB? I keep seeing this from other fans, yet I haven't read one post from Skins fans and I've been in just about every thread today. Seriously, this was a need move. Not a "one more piece and we win the SB" move. Try actaully knowning something before trolling. MY :2cents: Oh and I guess you don't like it because he might whip your Dallass asses this year. Suppose you liked the Pacman/Tank moves better.

WHO THE HELL HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A SB? I keep seeing this from other fans, yet I haven't read one post from Skins fans and I've been in just about every thread today. Seriously, this was a need move. Not a "one more piece and we win the SB" move. Try actaully knowning something before trolling. MY :2cents:

You didn't need to give up draft picks, just to fill a roster spot... Other options were available and yet more would've become available...

He is 33 years old and we gave up a 2nd rounder for him. Hopefully this team will surprise me and [rove me wrong but stiil think it is an 8-8 team at best

As a Vinny hater will you give him credit if Jason Taylor, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, etc does well and this team exceeds 8-8?

Let me tell you about a second rounders since 2000:

Clinton Portis

Osi Umineyora

Chad Johnson

Devin Hester

Bob Sanders

Anquan Boldin

These are the Elite players that have come from the 2nd round since 2000. There is one player that is higher ranked at hisposition than Jason Taylor. He is a kick returner. This means out of the 220 picks in this round since 2000, not one of them measures up to the average production of a Jason Taylor. Maybe Umenyiora.

To fill it with an absolute stud you do. Are you really saying that Jason Taylor is not worth a late second rounder?

He is a stud, but he'll play 2 more seasons max, and at his age, you never know when his production might plunge, for whatever reason...

For the Giants and the Cowboys, he'd be worth a 2nd Rounder, because both of those teams have legit title hopes, and he'd only have to be the second-best DE on both those teams...

For the Redskins you're just delaying progress... The Redskins have needed a franchise pass-rusher ever since I can remember. This trade is not getting them any closer to a long-term solution to the lack of pass-rush, nor is it getting them any closer to a SuperBowl...

He is a stud, but he'll play 2 more seasons max, and at his age, you never know when his production might plunge, for whatever reason...

For the Giants and the Cowboys, he'd be worth a 2nd Rounder, because both of those teams have legit title hopes, and he'd only have to be the second-best DE on both those teams...

For the Redskins you're just delaying progress... The Redskins have needed a franchise pass-rusher ever since I can remember. This trade is not getting them any closer to a long-term solution to the lack of pass-rush, nor is it getting them any closer to a SuperBowl...

The Redskins don't have legit title hopes? In case you forgot, the Redskins went into New York and slapped the eventual superbowl winners around at the end of the season. They should have swept them, but let one slip away early.

There are no more "favorites" to win it all in the NFL - too much parity. Any team can win it any year, and Jason Taylor certainly gets us closer than we were a week ago.

Archived