Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stand Up Comedy

Skins&Bones

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree with the age thing for the OP, he may want to broaden his horizons in the racial aspect if he makes another poll to avoid some name calling and choice words of others.

With that said...Chris Rock is one of my all time favorites and I am still hoping he has another HBO special very soon. It has been about 4 years since his last so he should be due for one in the near future.

Katt Williams is moving up the list.

Dane Cook has fallen off the list because he got overexposed very fast.

I am too young to enjoy the greatness of Pryor and Carlin and Cosby, but I know they have set the landscape for how stand up comedy is today.

Hard to choose a favorite, don't know if anyones ever heard of Henry Phillips but he's pretty funny. The funniest standup I've heard in a while is Kyle Cease's last comedy central special. Other than that Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are probably the top comedians right now. Also glad nobody said Carlos Mencia, I have no clue why his show is even on the air anymore.

[Other]

When you have a list of 'Best Stand-up Comedians' and George Carlin is excluded from said list, whether on purpose or accident, you deserve a punch in the neck. :)

Yes..not sure sure why Carlin isn't on the list.

To the OP....:stick:

Growing up, I was such a huge Bill Cosby fan. I had a bunch of his tapes and I wore them out. I really like the cringe comedy of today but I can't say any of those comedians are my favorite. The Coz will always be my fav.

I'm not a big fan of everyday stand up. Most of it is bad, second-rate garbage that's painfully unfunny to watch.

One guy who stands out as a real original for me, is Eddie Izzard. If you enjoy British humor and haven't already seen his "Dressed to Kill" video, give it a try.

Be warned though, it's about as far from George Carlin, Richard Pryor and the whole Blue Collar Comedy Tour as it's possible to get.

:helmet:

richard pryor was the greatest. just to name some of my favorites in no order:

eddie murphy

martin lawrence

george carlin

jerry seinfeld

dave chappelle

dane cook

rodney dangerfield

cedric the entertainer

chris rock

robin harris

jeff foxworthy

andrew dice clay

i'ma stop there, cause i laugh at almost anything, and this list will go on forever.

Archived