Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Fantasy Mag Blurb: London Fletcher

KDawg

yea is stuff like this that our players do not make the pro bowl and guys like washed up Trotter who gets 9 starts makes the pro bowl or fumbler Andre Gurode of the cowboys starts the pro bowl at center or even a guy who has 300 less rushign yds one less rushing TD than CP makes it at RB

By the way, here's another way you can tell that the blurb was a screw up: nowhere in it do they mention that Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud and Paul Posluzney play for Buffalo.

It's written as if those three players are on the same team as Fletcher. The logic used in the blurb is written as if those three players are on the same team as Fletcher. If you were a fan that didn't follow either Washington or Buffalo, it would read as if Mitchell, Stroud and Posluzney all play for the Redskins. If you're talking about a player like Tom Brady, who even the most casual of football fans knows which team he plays on, I could see not needing to mention that he plays for New England. None of these guys, though, have that Tom Brady-like name recognition where mentioning which team they play on is unnecessary.

And we've seen **** ups like this numerous times before, where players that have left a team are written about as if they're still on that same team. One article I remember had Corey Raymer as our starting center a year after we cut him and signed Rabach. Usually, though, these guys have online articles where you can leave comments, and numerous posters point out the obvious screw up...and the writer usually says something like "My mistake, was in a rush/had to meet deadline/was exhausted when I wrote this, of course you're right, (fill in the blank) now plays for Detroit" (or whoever)...

By the way, here's another way you can tell that the blurb was a screw up: nowhere in it do they mention that Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud and Paul Posluzney play for Buffalo.

It's written as if those three players are on the same team as Fletcher. The logic used in the blurb is written as if those three players are on the same team as Fletcher. If you were a fan that didn't follow either Washington or Buffalo, it would read as if Mitchell, Stroud and Posluzney all play for the Redskins. If you're talking about a player like Tom Brady, who even the most casual of football fans knows which team he plays on, I could see not needing to mention that he plays for New England. None of these guys, though, have that Tom Brady-like name recognition where mentioning which team they play on is unnecessary.

And we've seen **** ups like this numerous times before, where players that have left a team are written about as if they're still on that same team. One article I remember had Corey Raymer as our starting center a year after we cut him and signed Rabach. Usually, though, these guys have online articles where you can leave comments, and numerous posters point out the obvious screw up...and the writer usually says something like "My mistake, was in a rush/had to meet deadline/was exhausted when I wrote this, of course you're right, (fill in the blank) now plays for Detroit" (or whoever)...

touche:notworthy

Wow. They have an editor to fire over there. That's just embarrassing.

This sort of thing is routine for the mainline sports publications who try to venture into fantasy. They suck. When you want fantasy info, look to fantasy pubs.

But yeah, there's no excuse for this. That's sloppy any way you look at it.

That's amazing. I sit here and say "why lawyer?" "why would I ever have become a lawyer!!?" "I would have loved to have been a sports reporter but those jobs only go to real professional writers I guess." Absolutely inexcusable to call yourself a sports writer and not know what team the guy your writing about is on.

Archived