Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Fantasy Mag Blurb: London Fletcher

KDawg

This was taken exactly from the magazine:

London Fletcher, WAS

"Underappreciated for his numbers. The additions of Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud and a healthy Paul Posluzney should keep it that way."

Uhhh. Heh. They get his name and team right in the name part of the blurb, but then they revert back two years and put him on Buffalo. Not sure how those guys are going to make him underappreciated all the way up in Buffalo :laugh:

Anywho, thought I'd share, I got a chuckle out of it.

This was taken exactly from the magazine:

London Fletcher, WAS

"Underappreciated for his numbers. The additions of Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud and a healthy Paul Posluzney should keep it that way."

Uhhh. Heh. They get his name and team right in the name part of the blurb, but then they revert back two years and put him on Buffalo. Not sure how those guys are going to make him underappreciated all the way up in Buffalo :laugh:

Anywho, thought I'd share, I got a chuckle out of it.

Holy **** lol :laugh: :doh:...

Oh jeezus christe' :doh: Ridiculous...now I know why he never makes the Pro Bowl like he should have last year :mad:

:laugh: They keep looking on the wrong teams for his name lol...While in Buffalo they kept looking under the Rams...while here they kept looking under Buffalo. If Fletcher ever makes it to the HOF, he'll probably be inducted as a St. Louis Cardinal...

i think he meant his numbers from when he was in Bufallo will remain unappreciated thanks to those guys...
No, I'm pretty sure that it's just plain stupidity.

I suppose it could be read the way you suggest it might be...but it seems like such a retarded way to put it that it sounds just as stupid.

Either way, the editor should be beaten with a sack of nickels.

i think he meant his numbers from when he was in Bufallo will remain unappreciated thanks to those guys...

Okay... But that doesn't make sense either. Why even mention Buffalo when talking about London Fletcher? He plays for us.

The collective iq on this entire thread is about 5.

The writer correctly says that Fletcher is a Skin.......then goes on to say that The Bills have some great players this season.

Players that will make everyone forget about the loss of Fletcher. :doh:

The writer correctly says that Fletcher is a Skin.......then goes on to say that The Bills have some great players this season.

If so, then part of good journalism is being clear and precise, even if showing a bias. I guess to make the quote fall into your line of thinking, it should say "Underappreciated for his numbers in Buffalo, the additions of Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud and a healthy Paul Posluzney should keep it that way."

Or something like "though posting great numbers throughout his career, he was underappreciated in Buffalo which should remain consistent with the addition of _________"

I think he means that those guys performances will overshadow London's performance. What a sorry ass journalist. That's simply unacceptable.

Guys... This was a blurb in the 2008 NFL Fantasy Football Rankings. It ranked London 10th in linebackers, and then went on to say that.

What does that have to do with anything? Really? Nothing. His being underappreciated in Buffalo has NOTHING to do with his numbers in Washington this UPCOMING season. Or nothing to do with Washington period.

There's no reason to even say that. Zero.

:laugh: They keep looking on the wrong teams for his name lol...While in Buffalo they kept looking under the Rams...while here they kept looking under Buffalo. If Fletcher ever makes it to the HOF, he'll probably be inducted as a St. Louis Cardinal...

or a los angeles ram :laugh:

this just goes to show that you can drop out of high school and still write for espn.

And exactly WHAT do Buffalo's linebackers have to do with the Skins' linebackers? Zero, that's what.

If this were a blurb about Buffalo's defense, then you might have a point. But it's about FLETCHER! And he's in a whole different conference to boot! lol :laugh:...If Fletcher makes the Pro Bowl, will the quality of Buffalo's linebackers matter one iota? No. If Fletcher stinks up the NFC, will the quality of Buffalo's linebackers be relevant at all? No.

And you think we have a collective IQ of 5?...I don't EVEN want to guess which negative integer represents your IQ, then.

"Everyone", eh? Will it make Skins fans forget about Buffalo's loss of Fletcher? lol...Will it make our NFC East rivals forget about Buffalo's loss of Fletcher? Will those players make Skins fans "underappreciate" Fletcher because we'll be comparing him to Buffalo's linebackers? Because that IS what the writer was saying, that Fletcher's numbers were "underappreciated", and--wait for it--will continue to be! The only way they'll "continue to be" is if Redskins fans underappreciate them. You know why? Because that's the team he now plays for! So unless this writer either felt the Skins fans will constantly be looking at Buffalo's linebackers and overlooking their OWN linebackers, or if the writer just felt that the opinion of Skins fans was irrelevant when it came to Fletcher and only the opinion of Buffalo's fans mattered, it's beyond obvious that he just ****ed up.

For the record, I'm guessing -87.

Guys... This was a blurb in the 2008 NFL Fantasy Football Rankings. It ranked London 10th in linebackers, and then went on to say that.

What does that have to do with anything? Really? Nothing. His being underappreciated in Buffalo has NOTHING to do with his numbers in Washington this UPCOMING season. Or nothing to do with Washington period.

There's no reason to even say that. Zero.

Exactly. Exactly...it would be like ranking the backup QBs for this upcoming season, saying Patrick Ramsey will be a decent backup for the Broncos...and then saying "Todd Collins' emergence will guarantee that Ramsey continues to be underappreciated." lol :laugh:...

Please. Even YOU have to admit that the blurb is terrible - even IF your assumption is correct that's what he was trying to say.

I think it could have been more clear, but it is definately not THAT unclear as for peopel to get so worked up. I understood the blurb immediately.

I'd love to hear it, then...because any other context than just being a **** up makes no sense whatsoever.

And I guarantee that if we contacted the writer/editor for this ESPN publication, they'd admit it was a mistake.

Archived