Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nas - Untitled

Cooked Crack

This is pure reason why I don't back anything that people online hear. How are the lyrics "SICK" that you have quoted?

Maybe Immortal Technique "spits" better than Nas but I think Nas hawks loogies better. IMO

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sick isn't a bad thing. At least not IMO.

I should have just said his lyrics are very "creative". Than everyone would have understood. lol

And Immortal Technique is VERY VERY "creative". I have all his cd's. He's amazing.

I should have just said his lyrics are very "creative". Than everyone would have understood. lol

And Immortal Technique is VERY VERY "creative". I have all his cd's. He's amazing.

:laugh: OMG I took "sick" as bad. :rolleyes: You are so gangsta. Look, my point was that his "rhymes" are so creative but they don't mesh well and I figured a rapper would have the ability to do so. I guess he can put whatever words together and he'll have people like you up at all hours of the night "spitting" what he actually means. :rolleyes:

:laugh: OMG I took "sick" as bad. :rolleyes: You are so gangsta. Look, my point was that his "rhymes" are so creative but they don't mesh well and I figured a rapper would have the ability to do so. I guess he can put whatever words together and he'll have people like you up at all hours of the night "spitting" what he actually means. :rolleyes:

:(:(:(

I listen to more rap than just that. And not mainstream. I prefer underground rap b/c mainstream sucks IMO. I like real hip hop, and This Nas cd is a good example of that.

Cunninlynguists, Supastition, People Under the Stairs, etc......

And Rap isn't the only genre I like. I'm really getting into Classic Rock too. In fact I just started playing the guitar. And I'm black too.........

:(:(:(

I listen to more rap than just that. And not mainstream. I prefer underground rap b/c mainstream sucks IMO. I like real hip hop, and This Nas cd is a good example of that.

Cunninlynguists, Supastition, People Under the Stairs, etc......

And Rap isn't the only genre I like. I'm really getting into Classic Rock too. In fact I just started playing the guitar. And I'm black too.........

Cunninlynguists put out consistently great albums, and they have best producer in the game right now imo.

In fact I just started playing the guitar. And I'm black too.........

:laugh: Would you stop it with that "and I'm black too" ****?

I like rap music, and I'm white too.

I would be on Beyonce like a bum on a bologna sandwich, and I'm white too.

I would rather have Rhianna than Beyonce, and I'm white too.

Cunninlynguists put out consistently great albums, and they have best producer in the game right now imo.

Been a minute since I heard their name mentioned. Deacon was in some online tourney I was in back in the day. I'm pretty sure he got knocked out in the other semi-final matchup.

Best producer in the game right now though? I definitely liked some joints by Kno and the Cunninglynguists but never felt any of the albums enough to cop them when I checked them out in the past. He done any joints for other artists that are worth listening to?

As for producers doing their thing nowadays, off the top I'd throw out names like madlib, doom, and necro among others.

Been a minute since I heard their name mentioned. Deacon was in some online tourney I was in back in the day. I'm pretty sure he got knocked out in the other semi-final matchup.

Best producer in the game right now though? I definitely liked some joints by Kno and the Cunninglynguists but never felt any of the albums enough to cop them when I checked them out in the past. He done any joints for other artists that are worth listening to?

As for producers doing their thing nowadays, off the top I'd throw out names like madlib, doom, and necro among others.

Kno did a remix of Jay-Z's The Black Album called, Kno vs. Hov: The White Album. of all the remixes done with that album, his seemed to get the best reviews.

mainstream has been pretty ****ty lately, but the underground is still put out quality rap albums

Absolutely..I do like the Nas album, but Little Brother gets most of the run on my Ipod..LB is Very underrated...also i like Jean Grae-Jeanius, Median-Median's Relief, and this dude Rashid Hadee-Dedication.

fox news is racist and anti-America soooooooooooooo..........

and this is NAS's best album IMO. It is amazing.

Don't get ahead of yourself.

Illmatic is bar none his best work and it's not really close and that also goes for Stillmatic which also isn't close.

I've heard some of it. I've liked what I've heard so far. My homeboy got the leak, and I need to get it from him. But I agree, I wonder why he left Be A ****** Too off, it was a pretty dope track. Even though I'm going to dl the leak, I'll still buy it. I think it's going to be one of the better Nas albums to come out in recent memory.

Nas couldn't get clearance on the sample from Dr. Pepper...They didn't like the fact that the N-word was being used in the chorus of the song.

getting it after work...the marketing for this album was terrible...i was in best buy yesterday buying ncaa football and completely forgot about picking up this album...im excited to listen to it as i continue my quest for an undefeated season though

I've just gotta say, my favorites on the album are

Hero,

Testify,

Slyfox,

Fried Chicken,

Project Roach,

*.*.*.*.*.*,

and Black President.

But I have his mixtape too, so some of these songs are on that one too, and they sound different due to DJ Green Lantern's mixing of relevant stuff into the songs. But I like the album so much (I've been waiting on it since like May), that I went and got it on Tuesday and haven't stopped listening to it yet.

One verse I just love is the third one from Hero:

This universal apartheid

I'm hog-tied, the corporate side

Blocking y'all from going to stores and buying it

First L.A. and Doug Morris was riding wit it

But Newsweek article startled big wigs

They said, Nas, why is he trying it?

My lawyers only see the Billboard charts as winning

Forgetting - Nas the only true rebel since the beginning

Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow

Try telling Bob Dylan, Bruce, or Billy Joel

They can't sing what's in their soul

So untitled it is

I never change nothin'

But people remember this

If Nas can't say it, think about these talented kids

With new ideas being told what they can and can't spit

I can't sit and watch it

So, *****, I'ma drop it

Like it or not

You ain't gotta cop it

I'm a hustler in the studio

Cups of Don Julio

No matter what the CD called

I'm unbeatable, y'all

I really wish "be a ****** too" was on there. The last verse that he drops on that song is so deep. But that verse was even dropped from the mixtape he did with Green Lantern.

fox news is racist and anti-America soooooooooooooo..........

and this is NAS's best album IMO. It is amazing.

its good, but its not close to Illmatic:2cents:

Nas's best album? I mean, lyrically and for origality, its gotta be Illmatic. The dude was only like 20 droppin some knowledgable rhymes that were just way ahead of their time. But the production on that album was mediocre at best (although thats how most beats were done back then). You compare Illmatic's beats to the beats on It Was Written and you see that there's not much of an advance there. But if you compare those beats to God's Son or Untitled, you can see how Nas has finally decided to get good production (I Am and Nastrodomus had VERY LAME production).

I think that his last 4 of his last 5 albums have just been great stuff:

Stillmatic

God's Son

Street's Disciple

Untitled

I wasn't really feeling Hip Hop is Dead. It has a some good tracks, but most of them are just songs that I CAN listen to, but not songs that I've JUST GOT TO HEAR OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Thats the way I am with some of these albums, especially Stillmatic, Untitled and God's Son.

As much as I didn't like Nas doing a 2pac song, that "Thug's Mansion" song is one of my favorites (though not better than the original), then he has "Dance", uuh, "I Can", and for people talking about a battle rap song (and I don't really if you can call this one that), but "Last Real ****** Alive" is so freakin deep.

Rap became a version of Malcom and Martin

Rest In Peace Will, Queensbridge live on

There's some ghetto secrets I can't rhyme in this song

There's some missing pieces I had to leave out

I had lot trust for Steve Stoute

At some point till I got to know him

We old friends, but what's loyal?

Puff soaked Interscope offices

With champagne bottles on Steve, and Steve thought the drama is on me

Cause previously it would have been, against whoever

Friends forever

However, I learn, with some niggas it's all business

But I'm a street dude with morals

To diss niggas with Jigga too much, he used to say Jay wanted my spot

I laughed, stayed home, never hung a lot

A quiet man who used to be alone planning

Baby moms thought I was too quiet, couldn't stand it

She hit the streets, later on she hittin the sheets

With a rapper who wanted me on his songs, thinking he strong

I taught her how to watch for cars that might follow

Taught her street **** that I know

Her weakness was shine yo

But that's her, I ain't mad baby, it made me stronger

Now I get my paper longer

Illmatic I was boss

It Was Written I flossed

One of the most creative LPs ever to hit stores

In the Firm I learned I Am Nastradamus

QB's Finest, Oochie Wally, faced more problems

I gave it all up so I can chill at home with mama

She was getting old and sick so I stayed beside her

We had the best times, she asked would I make more songs

I told her not till I see her health get more strong

In the middle of that, Jay tried to sneak attack

Assasinate my character, degrade my hood

Cause in order for him to be the Don, Nas had to go

The Gam-B-I-N-O rules I understood

What you want, see, I already had

The Gift and The Curse? **** that ****, the first shall be last

I'm the man's man, a rapper's rapper

G-O-D S-O-N, they'll be none after

I was Scarface, Jay was Manolo

It hurt me when I had to kill him and his whole squad for dolo (for dolo

echoes)

I admire Stillmatic for songs like One Mic, Ether, Rewind, My Country, Every Ghetto, Poison, and 2nd Childhood.

I do agree this type of music has not come around in a long time, but to say that only Nas and immortal technique have been the only gifted lyricists is far from the truth. Big L stands above all as a pure lyricist. You cannot even mention lyricists without Big L.
This is pure reason why I don't back anything that people online hear. How are the lyrics "SICK" that you have quoted?

Maybe Immortal Technique "spits" better than Nas but I think Nas hawks loogies better. IMO

Aight, I love Revolutionary Vol 1 and Vol 2, and his new joint, The Third World, but I don't think you can even mention Immortal Technique in the same breath as Nas. Immortal is way WAY more Revolutionary than Nas. His lyrics are all about revolution. We can easily characterize him as a revolutionary guy who rhymes to get his messages across. But he doesn't have the full canvas of a real rapper. His flow is worse, his beats aren't always the best, his subject matter is monotone, his metaphors are either lame or gross (said for shock value), and I just don't think he has the ability to just make one of those songs you can nod your head to and just vibe to. And this is coming from an Immortal Technique fan. I just don't think he can even be mentioned in the same breath as Nas.

Nah Nas isn't nearly as revolutionary as Immortal Technique, but nobody is. Hell even Immortal Technique isn't as revolutionary as that. But thats his persona, and I don't mind it. Nas's persona is a rapper who raps about whats on his mind, wheter its "NY State of Mind", "Coon Picnic", "American Way", "Book of Rhymes", "If Heaven was a Mile Away" all those things. I'm willing to say that Nas can rap about just about anything, while Immortal Technique can ONLY talk about revolutions. Thats why Immortal Technique will never be on Nas's level.

Archived