99 members have voted

1. 1. Would Bush win again?

• Easily win the Party nom and the Presidency
    • Easily win the Party nom and narrowly wins the Presidency
    • Narrowly wins the Party nom, narrowly loses the Presidency
    • Loses the Party nom, but wins an upset as an independent
    • Loses the Party nom and loses in the general election
    • Is chased by an angry mob into exile

i quit caring about nba basketball 5 years ago. i was a lakers fan all throughout childhood up until that point. i've been looking for a team to root for other than the wiz (i'll always like the wiz, but i doubt i'll ever be passionate)

long story short, i'm a bucks fan as of right now. you w/ me pb?

i quit caring about nba basketball 5 years ago. i was a lakers fan all throughout childhood up until that point. i've been looking for a team to root for other than the wiz (i'll always like the wiz, but i doubt i'll ever be passionate)

long story short, i'm a bucks fan as of right now. you w/ me pb?

No. Im a Wiz fan. I'll root for Joe and the Bucks if it has absolutely no bearing on the Wiz (like when the Wiz get eliminated from contention), but they are my team.

This is all you need to know about JaVale McGee. For those who questioned me when I said hes an attrocious defender:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/JaVale-McGee-1197/

Really bad draft pick. Our biggest need was toughness and we just got another softy to add on a roster full of them.

You know its funny...the person who probably wrote that probably couldnt make a layup if they were velcroed to the backboard yet people take every write up as the gospel. I can probably find a write up that annoints him as a future star. The fact of the matter is once you get to the back half of the lottery its all a crap shoot. At 18, we got a young 7 footer with a 7'6 wingspan who can run the floor and block some shots. If he doesnt pan out so what.. we are not drafting for impact at 18. You draft to get lucky at any pick past 10.

From DraftExpress:

Weaknesses:

• Extremely weak physically--We need strength inside

• Struggles holding spot on the block--Need post play

• Ability to finish through contact--Unless he's a good FT shooter, this sucks

• Poor fundamentals--Can be worked on

• Footwork/Post-moves--Again, a 7 footer who sucks in the paint? :doh:

• Left hand--Meh

• Shot-selection--He's young, he'll learn

• Free throw shooting--See above, not a good combo

• Decision making--Youth, again

• Basketball IQ--:doh:

• Lacks experience--Obviously

• Atrocious defender--Great just like the rest of the team :doh:

• Poor activity level/Doesn’t hustle--Awesome, I'm glad the Wiz don't play an up-tempo style of offense or anything.... :doh:

• Mental/Physical toughness?--Exactly what this team needs... :doh:

• Soft?--Like Brenda Haywood?

• Long ways away from contributing--Put him in the D-League I guess

• High bust potential--Always a GREAT thing to hear

Overall, epic fail.

**** this FO and their drafting, trade up and get a quality ****ing big man!

u think alexander was a bad pick but you wanted hibbert...???

Yep 7'2 excellant passer played 3 yrs in the same offense the Wizards run would've been a good backup to Haywood and with the pro level strength and conditioning his legs should get even stronger since his previous injury.

You know its funny...the person who probably wrote that probably couldnt make a layup if they were velcroed to the backboard yet people take every write up as the gospel. I can probably find a write up that annoints him as a future star. The fact of the matter is once you get to the back half of the lottery its all a crap shoot. At 18, we got a young 7 footer with a 7'6 wingspan who can run the floor and block some shots. If he doesnt pan out so what.. we are not drafting for impact at 18. You draft to get lucky at any pick past 10.

Draftexpress is probably the best scouting website out there. If you don't want to believe it, then don't.

But DX has there analysis right on and they are correct most of the time. It is nothing new, everyone and there mothers knew before the draft that McGee is nothing but an athlete with very little ball skills.

And no, outside of the top 10, you can find good role players rather than shooting for a maybe star who has a high bust potential. We did this a few years ago with Pecherov and now we are stuck with him instead of having solid NBA role players like Rondo, Farmar, Lowry, Milsap, Powe, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams, Craig Smith and Daniel Gibson.

How did Alexander do during the regular season and how was he the past two years?

I was very impressed by him during the tourney, I think he's very unorthodox (thats being polite) but he's very impressive.

alexander was a pretty raw talent until huggins came. he didn't fit real well w/ beilein, in that coach b didn't put him in situations that utilized his skills.

he really started to take off in the 2nd half of the season this past year. as a sophomore, he showed flashes, but was largely inconsistent.

i don't get what's unorthodox about him? maybe it's because he can shoot the mid-range jumper (lost art)????

alexander was a pretty raw talent until huggins came. he didn't fit real well w/ beilein, in that coach b didn't put him in situations that utilized his skills.

he really started to take off in the 2nd half of the season this past year. as a sophomore, he showed flashes, but was largely inconsistent.

i don't get what's unorthodox about him? maybe it's because he can shoot the mid-range jumper (lost art)????

I thought he took some ridiculous looking shots, twisting around the defense in the paint that didn't look like they would go in...but they did.

Then again I was pretty hammered and cracking up at my friend from Dook who was on think brink of tears.

Good times.

:cheers:

How did Alexander do during the regular season and how was he the past two years?

I was very impressed by him during the tourney, I think he's very unorthodox (thats being polite) but he's very impressive.

The last month of the regular season and the Big East tourney, Alexander was as productive as anyone in the country.

The 2 years before that he played in a gimmicky system reliant on 3 point shooting that didnt suit him at all. In fact, is was literally tough to watch him struggle through the season knowing how much potential he had.

you guys think EG is a good GM but hes really not

No. He is a good GM. He is not a great GM.

Every team he's assembled has been good enough to contend and not good enough to get over the hump.

He is very conservative. He doesn't go for the home run and likes to play it safe as long as the results are a good productive season and some decent playoff showings.

No. He is a good GM. He is not a great GM.

Every team he's assembled has been good enough to contend and not good enough to get over the hump.

He is very conservative. He doesn't go for the home run and likes to play it safe as long as the results are a good productive season and some decent playoff showings.

**** that. You guys are past that step. You have shown that you can make the playoffs, and now you go for gold. Either make or break.

**** that. You guys are past that step. You have shown that you can make the playoffs, and now you go for gold. Either make or break.

I agree with that. But it doesn't help when our owner is cheap and doesn't want to go over the luxary tax and when our GM is OK with being mediocre.

This is why EG got fired by the Bucks and Knicks. He simply doesn't have it to get teams over the hump nor does he have the guts to package Butler, Arenas, Jamison, Blatche, Haywood or Young and acquire a player who can get us over the first/second round hump.

Archived