Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eli vs Romo - NFL.COM breakdown

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

Until Romo sits to pee wins a superbowl you dont have any room to talk

so that makes Eli better than Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, David Garrard? Not only that, Brad Johnson are better than them.

Ony 2 Qb's have ever led their team to 2 4th Qtr Td's. One of which was the game winner.

Guess who?

Joe Montana

Eli Manning (Except Eli did it against a team that was previously 18-0)

MVP earned x 10

How about Joe Theismann in SB XVII?

Skins are down 17-13 going into the 4th and he leads them 2 4th qtr TDs to win 27-17. In this case the 1st 4th qtr TD was the game winner.

Most of my puke fan pals think Romo sits to pee sucks in big games...they're getting impatient.

Not me and that would be foolish considering Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-2 including losing to Tennessee at home after a 13 win season and the #2 overall seed in his second year starting. It took him 4 full years as a starter to break through with a playoff win.

Not me and that would be foolish considering Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-2 including losing to Tennessee at home after a 13 win season and the #2 overall seed in his second year starting. It took him 4 full years as a starter to break through with a playoff win.

Please don't compare Peyton to Romo sits to pee. The way Peyton can disect a defense is incredible. Romo sits to pee can't hold Peyton's jock. The Colts had a horrid defense. Manning would put up 35 points and the opponent would score 38.

It wasnt the lack of confidence in Campbell it was the playcalling of Joe Gibbs who the game had passed by. When Jason was allowed to play his game, he was impressive. Take a look at the Detroit game.

oooh...the Detroit game....my bad! :laugh:

Gibbs is one of the best coaches of all time, and he turned the Skins into something for you (the fan base) to be proud of and you want to call him out for last year and say "the game past him by".....ouch! Put me down as a football fan, that thinks that is BS!

So did the game just come back to Joe for the last 4 games of the season?:doh:

Romo sits to pee is a Div 1-AA, UDFA & < 1 yr older than the Eli. Who was the overall #1 pick that played in the mighty SEC.

Is such a contested debate a testimonial to how far Romo sits to pee has come or to Eli underperforming? or both?

Both. Considering Eli was the top pick in the draft and all that the Giants gave up to trade for him, he has under produced until the end of last season. For an UDFA Romo sits to pee has come a long way beating many odds.

How about Joe Theismann in SB XVII?

Skins are down 17-13 going into the 4th and he leads them 2 4th qtr TDs to win 27-17. In this case the 1st 4th qtr TD was the game winner.

I think the original post meant to say QBs that have thrown 2 4th quarter TDs in the superbowl. In SB XVII Riggins ran in one of those 4th quarter TDs (40+ yards on 4th and 1 I believe).

so that makes Eli better than Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, David Garrard? Not only that, Brad Johnson are better than them.

Those are different comparisons all together...but the bottom line, when the Giants faced the Cowboys in the playoffs, Eli came up big against a team with countless # of pro-bowlers. Romo sits to pee did not come up big, and Dallas certainly had the match-up advantages.

BTW, I, for one, would gladly take Eli Manning over Drew Brees.

Romo sits to pee is a Div 1-AA, UDFA & < 1 yr older than the Eli. Who was the overall #1 pick that played in the mighty SEC.

Is such a contested debate a testimonial to how far Romo sits to pee has come or to Eli underperforming? or both?

Eli has underperformed? Are you kidding? He's lead the Giants to the playoffs the last 3 years in a row, and he just won a Superbowl along with the Superbowl MVP trophy. The only active QB I can think of who has been more successful than Eli was in his first 4 years is Tom Brady. How exactly has Eli underperformed?
Brad Johnson didn't win a Superbowl MVP; unlike Eli, he was just along for the ride.
Huh? I'm giving no excuses. I'm even giving Eli the edge. When did Romo sits to pee come into the league or did you mean when did he begin starting? About a season and a half after Eli. Simply pointing out that Eli began his postseason career 0-2 and has had another shot.
The difference between Eli's playoff performance up until last year and Romo sits to pee's current playoff work, is that Eli drove his team 80 yards down the field for the game-tying TD against the Eagles late in 4th quarter. The defense lost that game for the Giants; Eli was clutch. Romo sits to pee, on the other hand, had 2 tries from midfield in the 4th against a Giants' secondary missing their #1, #2, and #4 cornerbacks (Geoffrey Pope, a guy signed off the Giants practice squad that week, played major minutes in the second half) and he failed miserably. Plus Romo sits to pee was screaming at his own OL the whole time.

It would be impossible for me not to give the nod to Eli...The best QBs win, period. The higher level that they're able to win at, the better a QB they are. Winning in December with playoff implications on the line is more impressive than winning in September or October. Winning in the playoffs where it's "Win Or Go Home" is more impressive than winning in December. Winning the Super Bowl is more impressive than winning in the playoffs. Eli has won in all four categories. Romo sits to pee has yet to be a winner in any of them, except the lowest level (Sept/Oct/Nov).

Eli has underperformed? Are you kidding? He's lead the Giants to the playoffs the last 3 years in a row, and he just won a Superbowl along with the Superbowl MVP trophy. The only active QB I can think of who has been more successful than Eli was in his first 4 years is Tom Brady. How exactly has Eli underperformed?

So in actually answering the question, I guess your response falls in the Romo sits to pee has overperformed for an UDFA category.

So in actually answering the question, I guess your response falls in the Romo sits to pee has overperformed for an UDFA category.
I'm still trying to understand the question. I don't see how anyone can look at Eli's career up to this point and wonder if he has underperformed.

EDIT: To me it's like asking if the Patriots lost the Superbowl because Eli is a great QB or Tom Brady sucks. Or both?

I'm still trying to understand the question. I don't see how anyone can look at Eli's career up to this point and wonder if he has underperformed.

EDIT: To me it's like asking if the Patriots lost the Superbowl because Eli is a great QB or Tom Brady sucks. Or both?

I think your somehow making this more difficult than it really is. To be having such a debate between polar opposite backgrounds, Romo sits to pee (a guy who came from nowhere) & Eli (#1 overall pick and pedigree) an analysis would seem to point in 1 of 3 directions.

1) Romo sits to pee has overperformed?

2) Manning has underperformed?

3) A little bit of both?

You are firmly not agreeing with #2. I assume you would then agree with #1.

Please don't compare Peyton to Romo sits to pee. The way Peyton can disect a defense is incredible. Romo sits to pee can't hold Peyton's jock. The Colts had a horrid defense. Manning would put up 35 points and the opponent would score 38.

Did I say Romo sits to pee was as good as Manning? We're talking top rated QB's, expectations, criticism and playoff wins.

Montana threaded the needle against the Bengals to win the game. Kelly set the Bills up for a potential game winning FG against the Giants and Riggins went 43 yards carrying the team on his back. They came up big when the game was on the line. Eli threw up a prayer with hang time like a punt. Sorry, I just don't consider what he did was clutch. And Buress smoked the DB on the Game Winning TD, all Eli had to do was get it there.

Just to play Devil's Advocate...

1) Montana DID actually get away with an INT in the 2nd half on one of their scoring drives-a Bengals' DB had it in his breadbasket, but dropped it.

2) The Giants actually played that D series PERFECTLY-if they ended up stacking the line to blitz et al, then Kelly would have found receivers for big plays. Instead-only rushing 3 and putting EVERYONE ELSE back in coverage ended up making the Bills' O get yards by SMALL chunks, and ended up chewing too much clock just to get a somewhat low % FG attempt-Norwood blew chunks in that range, on grass anyways.

3) That ball that Samuel (supposedly)dropped-it would have been a tough catch to begin with. Having to JUMP for it AND have BOTH of his feet inbounds at the same time. BTW-he ended up being that goat b/c of that TD early in the 4th where he just got WHIFFED by that slot receiver on a slant route. Luckily for US-he's wearing an Eagles uniform now.:cheers:

4) Eli read the blitz perfectly on Burress' TD.

I find it funny that the author of the article phrases his conclusion as if they are both equal.

"So after this breakdown it is a split decision, but if you like playoff football and division play Eli Manning is the winner. If you like regular season and personal achievements then Romo sits to pee is the winner."

Sorry, I'll take playoff victories and divisional wins over regular season records any day.

All I know is my least favorite player in the league is now on the Eagles. How can you drop that INT Asaunte? How?? Had you caught that ball that HIT YOU IN THE HANDS, Eli would be looked at as just as big of a choker as Romo sits to pee, or at least close. But no, you dropped it, then Tyree caught the next one, then Ellis ****ing Hobbs fell down in one-on-one with Plax and that was all she wrote.

Archived