Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eli vs Romo - NFL.COM breakdown

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

oh, so he wasnt able to have the confidence from his coaches. AND they "handcuffed him" with their playcalling, yet Collins was able to play great. I gottcha:thumbsup:....

so Collins and old career back-up comes in for 4.5 games, and the coaches (without seeing him play with the first team in practice all year) have the confidence in him to use the playbook and win 4.5 games........WOW!!! Looks like Collins should go into the season with the #1 job, QB controversy in Washington?

ok, the last is a joke, however, it is a lame excuse to say he was handcuffed, yet a 57 year old back up can come in and do what he did with the "same" team. ...face it, Collins most definitly outplayed J.C and got the Skins into the playoffs, J.C struggled and was average at best!

when was he impressive exactly? (impressive in victory that is)

It wasnt the lack of confidence in Campbell it was the playcalling of Joe Gibbs who the game had passed by. When Jason was allowed to play his game, he was impressive. Take a look at the Detroit game.

Montana threaded the needle against the Bengals to win the game. Kelly set the Bills up for a potential game winning FG against the Giants and Riggins went 43 yards carrying the team on his back. They came up big when the game was on the line. Eli threw up a prayer with hang time like a punt. Sorry, I just don't consider what he did was clutch. And Buress smoked the DB on the Game Winning TD, all Eli had to do was get it there.

Ony 2 Qb's have ever led their team to 2 4th Qtr Td's. One of which was the game winner.

Guess who?

Joe Montana

Eli Manning (Except Eli did it against a team that was previously 18-0)

MVP earned x 10

I'd take Eli over Romo sits to pee any day and twice on Sunday

I put Eli and Romo sits to pee on the same plane as far as football talent goes, but look at all the distractions Romo sits to pee has caused for the Cowboys, If Romo sits to pee isn't at a camp he's in L.A. trying to be a celebrity...Eli is a football player...which is what i want my qb to be

I'd take Eli over Romo sits to pee any day and twice on Sunday

I put Eli and Romo sits to pee on the same plane as far as football talent goes, but look at all the distractions Romo sits to pee has caused for the Cowboys, If Romo sits to pee isn't at a camp he's in L.A. trying to be a celebrity...Eli is a football player...which is what i want my qb to be

i second that!

you do realize Unitas qb'ed the Colts to NFL Championships right.... you know the pre- Super Bowl era in 58 & 59, as well as SB V

You missed my point, Joe Namath won a SB MVP and Unitas hasn't, but that doesn't make him a better QB.

You missed my point, Joe Namath won a SB MVP and Unitas hasn't, but that doesn't make him a better QB.

:laugh: spin away

Unitas was a championship MVP, NFL MVP, played in 5 championship games, including 2 super bowls

hard to see anyone trying use him in the Romo sits to pee role in your comparison.....

We have to remember that Eli started 0-2 in his postseason career just as Romo sits to pee is 0-2. Further, the NY media and Giants fans were ready to run him out of town at several points throughout his career including midseason last year. I'll give Eli the edge now but this analysis needs more time.

Frankly, they're both average qbs. Inconsistent. Romo sits to pee has had better talent, but still hasn't produced in the clutch. As for Eli, he threw to a NE cb who, had he made the catch, would have given NE a perfect season.

But credit Eli, he wins playoff games.

We have to remember that Eli started 0-2 in his postseason career just as Romo sits to pee is 0-2. Further, the NY media and Giants fans were ready to run him out of town at several points throughout his career including midseason last year. I'll give Eli the edge now but this analysis needs more time.

What year did Romo sits to pee come into the league?

You guys have an excuse for everything.

:laugh:

the only reason jason cant be in this yet is his status is still pending.

you cant say look at the lions game, but you can say look up the stats of his last five games before getting hurt.

and btw spags is the real sb mvp.

you dont think the play calling hampered JC?

What year did Romo sits to pee come into the league?

You guys have an excuse for everything.

:laugh:

Huh? I'm giving no excuses. I'm even giving Eli the edge. When did Romo sits to pee come into the league or did you mean when did he begin starting? About a season and a half after Eli. Simply pointing out that Eli began his postseason career 0-2 and has had another shot.

Huh? I'm giving no excuses. I'm even giving Eli the edge. When did Romo sits to pee come into the league or did you mean when did he begin starting? About a season and a half after Eli. Simply pointing out that Eli began his postseason career 0-2 and has had another shot.

People questioned Eli and so did his fans. Dallas still thinks Romo sits to pee is the second coming of christ.

People questioned Eli and so did his fans. Dallas still thinks Romo sits to pee is the second coming of christ.

And the NYG fans should be ashamed for flip flopping so damn much. Of course we're confident in Romo sits to pee. He's started all of 26 games and has exceeded my expectations to this point. He's just getting started. ;)

Oh yeah, and the answer to the opening post is Eli. Every QB that TO has played with has had career year(s) while throwing to him. Taken from a Giants board:

Couple that with playing behind possibly the best offensive line in NFL, and Romo sits to pee should be far more successful than Eli. Yet only one of them has ever been a Superbowl MVP.

Big Blue, the QB/TO stats were very interesting. I've always known he's made QB's better, just had never seen those numbers before. :cheers:

Did the Giants board have stats on Eli with and without Shockey by chance?

You're fortunate Romo sits to pee didn't start right away...he could have been 0-4...and wouldn't be the starter in 2008.

You do remember Danny White, don't you?

Right now, the edge has to go to Eli.

It's not only the Super Bowl ring, but in the head to head playoff game, Manning came up big when it counted. Both teams had stingy defenses, but Manning came through when it was most important. Plus, in that Dallas playoff game, there were a couple of throws he made(one to Steve Smith, and the other to Kevin Boss) that showed why he's much more than your average QB.

Romo sits to pee is a Div 1-AA, UDFA & < 1 yr older than the Eli. Who was the overall #1 pick that played in the mighty SEC.

Is such a contested debate a testimonial to how far Romo sits to pee has come or to Eli underperforming? or both?

And the NYG fans should be ashamed for flip flopping so damn much. Of course we're confident in Romo sits to pee. He's started all of 26 games and has exceeded my expectations to this point. He's just getting started. ;)

Until Romo sits to pee wins a superbowl you dont have any room to talk

Archived