Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annoying Cops in the Neighborhood Kept me Awake Last Night

#98QBKiller

So it's 4 am on the dot and my girlfriend wakes me up and tells me there are cops outside with their sirens on. Well, we live in a quiet neighborhood without much trouble so I look out the window and there are 3 cop cars....a sherrif's dept cruiser and two city cop cruisers speeding up and down the roads in the neighborhood blaring their sirens in all different patterns.

Well we go outside, along with all of the neighbors and the cops are telling everyone to get back inside.

Well it turns out that one of the cops that lives down the street (there are two or three a few blocks down) came home from the late shift and saw that someone had broken into his truck. Another neighbor had called and reported that they saw a group of people (probably teenagers) trashing the neighborhood (someone took a birdbath from the neighbors house and threw it into our yard, trash cans got kicked over, etc. stuff like that).

Now these dumb cops sped all over the neighborhood blaring sirens from 4am to 4:45am exactly, keeping us all up and not having any success catching the kids who were doing this.

I don't understand their logic behind this, if you want to catch the kids, show up quietly and surprise them don't make a bunch of goddamn noise and wake up the entire neighborhood.

It was so bad I turned on the tv when I first woke up to make sure we weren't under attack or something and that the cops were trying to wake us all up to warn us.

My girlfriend called the non-emergency number and complained and the lady there said that there were other complaints from the neighborhood and she was real nice and apologized.

To me, the cops wouldn't even have done this if it wasn't a cop whose car got broken into. Irresponsible use of a badge IMO. :2cents:

Ha I have a similar story (not with anyone breaking into a cops car but more or less cops making a scene late at night).

After a late night of drinking I had this girl meet me back at my house she was actually my buddies x who I was good friends with. Anyway, were sitting there chillen at like 3 am in front my house smokin cigs...Next thing I know i got about 5 cops cars behind us. Lights on, telling us to put out hte "doobies".

We bothed looked at each other and kinda said WTF. Anyway, this annoying cop comes up to the window and starts acting like were sitting infront of my house blazin joints. Of course when he gets closer he realizes that its just cigerates. I tell him I live right infront of the house I was sitting infront of. He sorta didn't seem to believe me, so then I gave him my id.

Well then the guys has a k9 down in the back of his car (obviously they thought we were puffin J's)...and then damn dog wouldn't stop barking. I told them that they were causing an unnessary scene and asked them to turn the lights off so that my neighbors wouldn't come outside.

Of course one of the young punk officers told me to shut up and get back in the car. Fine by me I said. Next thing you know the k9 is still going nuts and all my neighbors are outside.

The next day my father filed a complaint against hte cops and said that they acted totally unprofessional, and accused me of smoking week infront of my own house.

The next day the k9 officer came over and apologized to me.

Ha I have a similar story (not with anyone breaking into a cops car but more or less cops making a scene late at night).

After a late night of drinking I had this girl meet me back at my house she was actually my buddies x who I was good friends with. Anyway, were sitting there chillen at like 3 am in front my house smokin cigs...Next thing I know i got about 5 cops cars behind us. Lights on, telling us to put out hte "doobies".

We bothed looked at each other and kinda said WTF. Anyway, this annoying cop comes up to the window and starts acting like were sitting infront of my house blazin joints. Of course when he gets closer he realizes that its just cigerates. I tell him I live right infront of the house I was sitting infront of. He sorta didn't seem to believe me, so then I gave him my id.

Well then the guys has a k9 down in the back of his car (obviously they thought we were puffin J's)...and then damn dog wouldn't stop barking. I told them that they were causing an unnessary scene and asked them to turn the lights off so that my neighbors wouldn't come outside.

Of course one of the young punk officers told me to shut up and get back in the car. Fine by me I said. Next thing you know the k9 is still going nuts and all my neighbors are outside.

The next day my father filed a complaint against hte cops and said that they acted totally unprofessional, and accused me of smoking week infront of my own house.

LOL, I had something simular happen to me and a bunch of friends, except the cops were a lot cooler. We were all over at a friends house having a typical high school party. Except this guy had an open field next to his house so we took a ping pong table and fuse ball table out into the field behind a barn, set up a grill and parked cars around it for lighting.

Then we sent a guy out to meet his older brother to get some beer. While he was gone 4 cop cars came flying around the side of the barn hoped out of their cars with guns drawn. One kid was even in his car on the phone with his father when the cop pulled the gun out and told him to get out of the car and put his hands up. Apparently, one of the neighbors saw us all out behind the barn and just assumed we we doing drugs.

The kid who lived there actually knew two of the cops and they stayed and BSed with for a little while. Fortunately, there was a group of kids still walking over from the house who saw the cops and called the guys making the beer run and told them not to come back yet.

So you really weren't smoking a joint? Loser. :D

I agree, having their sirens on looking for people isn't going to work. I was a cop for 7 years, K9 for 3 yrs. I hated using my siren, everyone can hear you coming from miles away. Hell, I used to drive w/o lights on at all at night, slinking around the neighborhoods looking for criminals. Ya had to be sneaky.

As far as a law of no siren on during certain hours, never heard of that. It would be impossible. What if you are in a vehicle pursuit at 3am of a known murderer? Ya gotta have your lights and sirens on for a car chase. I can see it now, cop says, "well, we can't chase this killer cause we might wake up the neighborhood."

One time I pulled over a DUI, and they never park where you want them too. So this drunk idiot pulls in front of a house. So of course my over head lights are on. As I'm literally fighting this drunk guy, some old dude comes out of his house, screaming at me to get the hell outta there. LOL. Um, ok. Mind if I get the guy to stop fighting me for a second?? I guess I could have just not pulled him over and let him kill someone.

But yeah, as far as the case the OP mentions, I hate stupid cops. They give us smart ones a bad name.

So it's 4 am on the dot and my girlfriend wakes me up and tells me there are cops outside with their sirens on.

So you didn't even HEAR the sirens until the girlfriend woke you up? Sounds like your issue is with her. :laugh:

One time I pulled over a DUI, and they never park where you want them too. So this drunk idiot pulls in front of a house. So of course my over head lights are on. As I'm literally fighting this drunk guy, some old dude comes out of his house, screaming at me to get the hell outta there. LOL. Um, ok. Mind if I get the guy to stop fighting me for a second?? I guess I could have just not pulled him over and let him kill someone.

That is hilarious. Some people just can't get the brain working if immediately after being woken up.

But yeah, as far as the case the OP mentions, I hate stupid cops. They give us smart ones a bad name.

Yeah, I don't think all cops are stupid because I've known some cool cops in the past that I'm sure would have better sense than that...but as far as what kind of impression they made on the rest of the neighborhood, I'm not sure.

So you didn't even HEAR the sirens until the girlfriend woke you up? Sounds like your issue is with her. :laugh:

:laugh: Maybe I should have a talk with her for waking me up, knowing that I'm a damn heavy sleeper and that I prob could've slept through it all.

Seriously, make sure this guy never falls asleep with an infant and a puppy on his bed.

Damn right...if an infant ever hurts my puppy the infants' getting put to sleep...not the puppy. :paranoid:

I agree, having their sirens on looking for people isn't going to work. I was a cop for 7 years, K9 for 3 yrs. I hated using my siren, everyone can hear you coming from miles away. Hell, I used to drive w/o lights on at all at night, slinking around the neighborhoods looking for criminals. Ya had to be sneaky.

As far as a law of no siren on during certain hours, never heard of that. It would be impossible. What if you are in a vehicle pursuit at 3am of a known murderer? Ya gotta have your lights and sirens on for a car chase. I can see it now, cop says, "well, we can't chase this killer cause we might wake up the neighborhood."

I think you are required to add this to your sig= :cop:

Archived