Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: T.O. excused from camp; Glenn demands release

slinky

didnt see the posted yet.

IRVING, Texas -- The buzz at the Cowboys' three-day minicamp that began Tuesday had more to do with two players who weren't working out at Valley Ranch.

Receiver Terrell Owens has been excused for the duration of the camp for what the team called "personal reasons," while Terry Glenn told ESPN's Ed Werder that he wants to be released if owner Jerry Jones continues to bar him from preparing for the season by attempting to force him to sign an injury waiver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3448330

Terry Glenn told ESPN's Ed Werder that he wants to be released if owner Jerry Jones continues to bar him from preparing for the season by attempting to force him to sign an injury waiver.

let's see the poke fan propaganda office try and explain this...

let the

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

begin :silly:

Something is definitely up with TO. Missing that one league phone call means he's going to be tested all time now. Probably shopping for a good whizzanator -- for both professional and personal use of course.

This is semi related, not far off enough to be a hijack:

I think it would quell quite a few more rumors if teams and agents were a little more descriptive when players are excused for personal reasons. Obviously you want to respect their privacy, but if the Girls had just said "family issues" or "a family event" or whatever it happens to be, this probably wouldn't get any press. Not that I give a damn about TO but in general I think it makes more sense.

CP's excused absence didn't get much play, not even here on ES but had he been in the position where he may have been disputing a contract or something along those lines rumors would be spreading like wildfire all over our board.

TO has had past issues, and he has calmed down and it seems like he's happy...but wouldn't it make more sense if they were just a little more descriptive?

:2cents:

I can see where the thought of T.O. missing practices would spark interest, but last year wade already stated and acted on resting his veteran players during these practices.

As for Terry, here is my view. He says he is healthy. Jerry kept a spot for him all year to play a mere game and a half. If he is healthy like he claims, why not sign the waiver, he has nothing to lose if he is. Unless..... he still feels some pain, and knows there is a high possibility that it will get reaggrivated, and wants to cash in if/when it happens. Either way, NFL is a business, your not going to pay full price for something that is damaged.....correct?

I think if TO had just taken off it would have been a story but he was there at camp and an illness or loss in the family is understandable.

Glenn issue is a little different . Jerry would be crazy to let Glenn play out his contract because his knees are totally shot last season in the few touches Glenn had he seamed to be more afraid than normal of contact than normal . Thing is Glenn isn't going to get much interest elsewhere his best option I would guess would to come to an injury settlement and retire .

What makes it interesting while this goes on he is a distraction and he is sucking up space on the Cowboys roster .

Glenn issue is a little different . Jerry would be crazy to let Glenn play out his contract because his knees are totally shot last season in the few touches Glenn had he seamed to be more afraid than normal of contact than normal . Thing is Glenn isn't going to get much interest elsewhere his best option I would guess would to come to an injury settlement and retire .

No matter how rich I was, I would want some sort of security blanket on this issue as well. 5 million for a grand total of 4 plays last season, ouch.

So with Glenn gone (and yes, it will happen)... that basically leaves TO. How old is he?

If I'm a Cowboy Fan I'm hoping he can avoid the injury bug. Because my WR corps becomes the worst in the league without TO on the field. The odds are a bit against him considering his age.

No matter how rich I was, I would want some sort of security blanket on this issue as well. 5 million for a grand total of 4 plays last season, ouch.
They knew what they were up against last year with him. They rolled the dice with expectations of him being their #2.

They have known for some time now they'd be in a similar boat this year. Why wait so long before pushing him to the door?

What kind of cap space do they get, if any, by the cut?

So with Glenn gone (and yes, it will happen)... that basically leaves TO. How old is he?

If I'm a Cowboy Fan I'm hoping he can avoid the injury bug. Because my WR corps becomes the worst in the league without TO on the field. The odds are a bit against him considering his age.

Now I'm not going to be a complete idiot and say we can rely on Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stanback, etc.. but, I wouldn't say we would have a worse corp than say the Raiders given the tragic incident surrounding Javon Walker. Pretty much if TO goes down, we're going to have to rely on the running game to get it done, but that did prove pretty devastating with TO out last year, so hopefully the addition of Felix Jones and Tashard Choice can help out in that department if the situation arises.

They knew what they were up against last year with him. They rolled the dice with expectations of him being their #2.

They have known for some time now they'd be in a similar boat this year. Why wait so long before pushing him to the door?

What kind of cap space do they get, if any, by the cut?

Actually, last year he was expected to be back MUCH sooner than he actually was, which is why Jerry is wanting an injury settlement contract signed before he steps foot on the practice field. They probably waited so long because they were wanting to see if they could pick up a #2 via free agency or draft trades and nothing panned out. This is a fairly new topic but its not brand new, it's only recently grabbed the media attention because of the absence from OTA's, Mini-camp, and now Terry Glenn asking to be released. As of cap room, I'm unsure at this point. Don't believe anyone has reported those figures yet, but I am curious of that myself.

I've thrown that question at them since the draft.

They listed all the other WR's on their roster and stated they'd be in fine shape. Oh and they stated you can't have great backups at every position. With 3 and 4 WR's on the field at the same time, you'd think they'd have brought in a WR............They still might.

Archived