Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vatican says will excommunicate women priests

chomerics

Yet, pimping child molesters gets you a seat at the Vatican and the right to vote on the pope :doh:

What a backwards assed religion. . .

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican issued its most explicit decree so far against the ordination of women priests on Thursday, punishing them and the bishops who try to ordain them with automatic excommunication.

The decree was written by the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and published in the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, giving it immediate effect.

A Vatican spokesman said the decree made the Church's existing ban on women priests more explicit by clarifying that excommunication would follow all such ordinations.

Excommunication forbids those affected from receiving the sacraments or sharing in acts of public worship.

Rev. Tom Reese, a senior fellow at the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University, said he thought the decree was meant to send a warning to the growing number of Catholics who favor admitting women to the priesthood.

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL2986418520080529?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

As for the piece/law - while I don't agree with the way they do not allow women to play an equal role within their religion... it is, afterall, their religion. As long as they aren't bring harm to the women I don't see why they aren't allowed to say women can't be priests. :2cents:

Chom - the ACLU would be disappoint in you over this one. ;)

yeah, because pimping child molesters is part of the Catholic Religion, it's an old joke and a sad act that doesnt reflect the entire religion, its leaders or members. And the previous Pope was the one who handled that scandal improperly, not the current one. I love it when something totally unrelated is thrown in the face of the religious.

They excommunitcating Roman Catholic women priest also?

Well, for starters, everytime I went to my ex-wife's church, she sat with me, she was unveiled, and we frequently listened to female lectors read the verses.

Shall we do a little full disclosure? Or just let chomie continued his asinine unveiled agenda?

Is that the one that talks about using people with mental disabilities for suicide bombers? ;)

No, that's the one where they had to issue a fatwa in Afghanistan to tell the AQ operatives to lay off goats and little boys

Well, for starters, everytime I went to my ex-wife's church, she sat with me, she was unveiled, and we frequently listened to female lectors read the verses.

Shall we do a little full disclosure? Or just let chomie continued his asinine unveiled agenda?

I don't get this. You have an agenda, as do a lot of people. I called him on the attacking style, which is wrong - but why shouldn't he post legit articles? There is not one person on this board (with the exception of China) that posts articles that are pro and anti any given stance. :2cents:

When's the last time you posted a 'pro' Chomerics post? Or are you going to just continue you're anti-Chom agenda? :D

As an ex-Catholic, I would just like to say my view that the Catholic Church is well-intentioned, but stuff like this is really hurting it. The idea that priests can only be male (and cannot marry) is silly, and severaly reduces the pool of good people available to do the Church's good work. :2cents:

Seems only sensible that if you have the rule to follow it.

It never should have been allowed w/o removing the ban,now they are gonna class them with me and the other heathen. :laugh:

When's the last time you posted a 'pro' Chomerics post? Or are you going to just continue you're anti-Chom agenda? :D

I guess my "Bush is the Worst President ever and has ruined the GOP" doesn't count?

Will you kindly ask the same question of him? :D

I guess my "Bush is the Worst President ever and has ruined the GOP" doesn't count?

Will you kindly ask the same question of him? :D

I think you should be questioning his methods, not his message. He should be able to post whatever he wants (even if its an agenda) to start discussions. :2cents:

I think you should be questioning his methods, not his message. He should be able to post whatever he wants (even if its an agenda) to start discussions. :2cents:

Fair enough.

But let's be clear on what the agenda is. It's not the rights of women, or he'd bring up Islam. It's attacking the Catholic church.

I mean, heck. If you care more about trashing the most charitable organization on the planet, be my guest. If that's more important to you than the rights of women, well, good for you, I guess.

Let's just not pretend there's something going on here that isn't.

Fair enough.

But let's be clear on what the agenda is. It's not the rights of women, or he'd bring up Islam. It's attacking the Catholic church.

I mean, heck. If you care more about trashing the most charitable organization on the planet, be my guest. If that's more important to you than the rights of women, well, good for you, I guess.

Let's just not pretend there's something going on here that isn't.

Don't think I ever pretended that. I even said you should question his methods. Then again, I've never seen you question Sarge for posting so many anti-Islamic threads. :)

Don't think I ever pretended that. I even said you should question his methods. Then again, I've never seen you question Sarge for posting so many anti-Islamic threads. :)

I've made plenty of comments about hijacking by radicals, just like I started the chomie-sort-of thread attacking Bush that you missed. :)

I'm not 100% objective. No one here is, but I think I do alright.

I've made plenty of comments about hijacking by radicals, just like I started the chomie-sort-of thread attacking Bush that you missed. :)

I'm not 100% objective. No one here is, but I think I do alright.

You're missing my point. But whatever, I probably shouldn't be playing post police anyways. If chom has a problem with what you said, it should be up to chom to say something... though he is conspicuously absent from this thread.

Good day to you. :cheers:

Yet, pimping child molesters gets you a seat at the Vatican and the right to vote on the pope :doh:

What a backwards assed religion. . .

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL2986418520080529?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

So you attack Sarge for his hatred of Islam, and yet you cannot seem get over your hatred of Catholics.

You are a petty Hypocrite.

Archived