Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Members Only jackets!

Spaceman Spiff

I was sitting in my seat on a plane...getting ready for a very long flight. Ten hours on a plane is usually my limit...so I wasn't thrilled that we were sitting on the tarmac for an hour and a half after our original departure time and the flight was 18 hours.

And then I saw it.

The skinny old man about 10 rows in front of me was standing up, facing me. I could tell by the cut of the jacket, the shoulder straps....the breast pocket with that infamous little tag. I couldn't read it, but I could definitely make out the letters and I knew exactly what it was.

A vintage Members Only jacket.

And I laughed, wanting to ask the old fartnocker the ever original "Are you the only member?" joke...but had to refrain.

Aren't they great? They're hysterical to me. I don't see them very often, but when I do its a comical moment, good for a laugh. Kind of like a more rare mullet hunt.

Prime older Tailgaters who probably rocked the Members Only jacket back in the day: Larry, Predicto, Pete and DeanCollins. :)

yah I had one in 3rd grade... it was sweet. wish I still had it

I found one in 1996 for like $15.00...and I wore it until 2004...I didn't care what anyone thought about it...I wore it with pride and if it wasn't for the fact that I work-out a lot I would've probably heard a lot of crap...they probably thought it...but never said anything about it....and I said I would be buried in it.

My wife finally got me to get rid of it with a bribe....she agreed to buy me a Lavar Arrington jersey if I got rid of it. I buried the jacket in the backyard the minute we got home.

I found one in 1996 for like $15.00...and I wore it until 2004...I didn't care what anyone thought about it...I wore it with pride and if it wasn't for the fact that I work-out a lot I would've probably heard a lot of crap...they probably thought it...but never said anything about it....and I said I would be buried in it.

My wife finally got me to get rid of it with a bribe....she agreed to buy me a Lavar Arrington jersey if I got rid of it. I buried the jacket in the backyard the minute we got home.

So have you dug it up yet? ;)

Huly and I had black ones.... and wore them as recently as the 00's

They were the club jackets of the corvette club we belonged to.. although I believe they picked them out to be funny..... I hope.

I used to wear my dad's old one... it wasn't till maybe 2002 I heard they were often the butt of an array of jokes.

It was the classic light-blue. I would still sport it today if it were still around. Maybe I'll hit up the thrift store this week.

Archived