Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Rollercoaster Dominator

kiingspadee

Actually, give us an update on the park overall. I am coming to town in about a month and KD might be worth a visit if it is still good. The Paramount parks overall seem to be just ok recently.

Have fun though the floorless rollercoasters are the best. Ironically, they are even more comfortable.

I LOVED THAT RIDE!

Floorless rollercoasters is diffrent because your sitting down with 4 to a car and your above the track so your feet are dangling above the track - volcano however the track is above you and yes your feet are dangling below but I think its more intense with the track below you because a few times I thought my feet would hit it.

Me and my fiancee were the 5th car to go (up front of course) we waited I think less than 10 minutes to ride. But as the ride ended the line I would estimate at about 2-3 hours long. So I am glad we left as early as we did.

The ride is INTENSE! Just all around amazing - sad that the photo's werent working. The loop - is just amazing. I would say hands down the best coaster at KD now. And I have LOVED Volacano and still do but now Dominator has taken the #1 spot.

It was funny though - we went to KD JUST for Dominator and so after we rode we were leaving and the guy at the exit was asking for my right hand and i was like were not coming back. He looked at me and said what? He was confused and said "Sir the PARK JUST opened" I laughed and said yeah well I came here just for Dominator and have a Season pass and well I rode the ride I wanted and nothing else will top that for the rest of the day. LoL We were on I-95 North before 10:45.

The park opened at 10:00

I wish KD still had the time shaft! Was great to see people ralph on that ride, thankfully none ever hit me :laugh::laugh:

I remember that :laugh:

Actually, give us an update on the park overall. I am coming to town in about a month and KD might be worth a visit if it is still good. The Paramount parks overall seem to be just ok recently.

It's still worth the visit.

Been to all (Hershey, KD, and BG - but not Six Flags) last year and I think I still like KD the best. But that's because I like rollercoasters. As far as the Park themselves, I think I like Hershey more, giving it a slight edge over Busch Gardens. Can't go wrong with either one though.

Have fun though the floorless rollercoasters are the best. Ironically, they are even more comfortable.

Skip Kings Dominion and head to Busch Gardens- Williamsburg and ride the Griffon.:thumbsup:

http://www.griffoncoaster.com/

Leaving for Busch Gardens in the morning. I am really looking forward to riding the gryphon. Is the loch ness still up and running? I hope so, that was my 1st "big" rollercoaster and I'm hoping to share that with my little ones.

Yeah the Loch Ness is still up and running. I remember riding the Loch Ness in the 80's when it was state of the art and the big coaster at the time. Now it is really showing its' age and a little rough but still a good coaster.

The Griffon is a great coaster. the 90 degree drop is amazing...it hangs for a moment before sending you over the edge. Being a floorless coaster just adds to it too.

bottom.gif

Archived