Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pukes Will Have A Losing Season This Year...

tr1

Well the difference is if we were standing separate distances away from a donkey we'll say and you were closer to it than me. We would say that you were "Closer" to the donkey, but the same could not be said that you are "Similar" to the ........ wait. Bad example. :laugh:

You're using the wrong "closer", obviously :cool: ...and I see that my point remains proven lol.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

like last year when he changed his "predictions" several times......Big D done called him out on that one months ago...........:cheers:

He does tend to do that.

Still, if he sticks by this prediction, I'll respect his willingness to go out on a limb, whether he's right or wrong.

He does tend to do that.

Still, if he sticks by this prediction, I'll respect his willingness to go out on a limb, whether he's right or wrong.

From 5-11, to 8-8 to lucky to win another game.

Hell, thats like me saying Washington goes 6-10. Then they will go 10-6 but lose in the playoffs.

Nostradomus indeed :)

Hell, thats like me saying Washington goes 6-10. Then they will go 10-6 but lose in the playoffs.

Nostradomus indeed :)

I've been around here a while. I know how this whole game works.

What I'm saying is, tr1 has now stated his prediction for the Cowboys in very certain terms. If he sticks by that prediction, I'll appreciate his willingness to go out on a limb. The standings in the NFL go through drastic transformation every year, yet everyone's predictions are always replicas of the previous year's results. I appreciate anyone who is willing to buck that trend.

Now, if the Cowboys win the first game and he changes his prediction under the auspice of some vague if-then statement, I'll retract my statement.

I've been around here a while. I know how this whole game works.

What I'm saying is, tr1 has now stated his prediction for the Cowboys in very certain terms. If he sticks by that prediction, I'll appreciate his willingness to go out on a limb. The standings in the NFL go through drastic transformation every year, yet everyone's predictions are always replicas of the previous year's results. I appreciate anyone who is willing to buck that trend.

Now, if the Cowboys win the first game and he changes his prediction under the auspice of some vague if-then statement, I'll retract my statement.

I hear ya, :cheers:

like last year when he changed his "predictions" several times......Big D done called him out on that one months ago...........

or like when Poke fans predicting a super bowl run, and then disappeared for a week or more after losing in the playoffs again

or like when Poke fans predicting a super bowl run, and then disappeared for a week or more after losing in the playoffs again

I've read here where Skin fans predicted a SB run after some lousy starts for the team too, it happens all over.

Some of those disappear from other boards as well as ive seen first hand.

But thats people for you.

LOL, that's what you took from the analysis??? That would be fine and dandy if I had not included them in the main part of my analysis but I did. I just mentioned that if you take out the great coaches from the equation then the odds of a team repeating that success is even more reduced. But the fact is that even with them included it shows that the odds are that both the Cowboys and Redskins are in for a slide this year. I'm not saying that neither team could be better because they both could be but the odds are against it.

Overall i agree with you, i just wanted to know what you meant, by either dallas would have a bad season because they did well and the SKins would improve, even tho they had a good season regardless, and DAllas was going to falter because they had more wins.

You forgot the "The cowboys are in trouble if T.O., Witten, Glenn, Barber and Romo sits to pee get hurt" or "Roy williams sucks" ....

As much as you want to deny it -- Roy Williams does suck, and if TO goes down, the Cowboys offense is going to struggle.

As much as you want to deny it -- Roy Williams does suck, and if TO goes down, the Cowboys offense is going to struggle.

Again, cant a lot of teams say that about their number 1?

And Roy Williams sucks trying to play free safety, if he resurges this year, than it tells the tale that Jacque Reeves really did suck, if he sputters this year and with Campo helping him, it will solidify it across the boards.

I dont think its fair for Cowboy fans to be throwing him under the bus so much over 1 year, but thats people for you. But sometimes you have to expect it, its everywhere.

if TO goes down, the Cowboys offense is going to struggle.

He is the best player they have on offense.

The Giants may be the only team in the division that wouldn't suffer tremendously if they lost their best offensive player. I think they could soldier on without Plaxico. If the Eagles lose Westbrook, it'll be a long road. Same for the Skins and Portis.

He is the best player they have on offense.

The Giants may be the only team in the division that wouldn't suffer tremendously if they lost their best offensive player. I think they could soldier on without Plaxico. If the Eagles lose Westbrook, it'll be a long road. Same for the Skins and Portis.

After losing Tiki and Shockey and still making the Super Bowl I might tend to agree with you...

So you conclude that a team that won a SB the year before their 9-7 is most like the Cowboys??? Rrrriiiigggtttt.
Maybe you'd like to explain what he meant?

BDF has done a good job of explaining what I meant by my earlier post but I'll further explain my thinking.

You put forward records and made a generalization that Dallas would lose more games next year because more often than not thats what happens to teams that will win 4+ games the season before.

I wasn't trying to make a specific comparison to NE or PITT but a more generalization that these are teams that had similar W-L records the previous year. As such they were a fairly good team just the seaon prior like Dallas. If you want to go back another year (ie NE won the SB) then why stop there. Let's look at injuries, players lost to FA, schedule difficulties, etc. Then this whole data falls apart like a house of cards.

In general, if you had a "good" team/record the year before the win increase your likely to still have a good record the next year. Its not very often a 9+ win team increases 4+ games. In the time period you chose, it happened only 2 other times. One team won the same 14 games and the other lost 3 more but still had a very solid 10-5-1 record. Both made the playoffs.

Teams are much more likely to have a poor record (6 or fewer wins) and increase to 10 or less games. Unlike the good teams, these teams had much more room to continue increasing their victory total. However, they generally did not do better. 9 had more losses, 2 more wins, & 1 stayed the same. Of the 12 times only twice did they make the playoffs.

A generalization, could be made that a team with a previous winning record may lose more games but will likely still have a good record and make the playoffs. A team with a poor record (<7 wins) will lose more games and not be a playoff team.

Very good point, losing to the superbowl champs is no shame, and yes they beat an 18-0 team, who absolutely made one team look like a HS football team (52-7) Ouch, I definetly hit a nerve.:laugh: :laugh: I must say I had quite a laugh watching that game.

puke fan rationalization...very sad.

ATN in his title stand for Absolute Total Nonsense :)

The epitome of jealousy... :laugh:

The pukes could only WISH they had a board as good as ES...and a section with as much quality as ATN. We have about a dozen regular posters who put all puke fans to shame.

Kneel at bubba's feet...

And, I can only applaud the fellas who outshine my humble posts every single day...and I'm reluctant to list them should I miss someone....but THEY know who they are...many are in this thread.

The pity is that this quality attracts so many friggin' puke fans...and Eagle fans...and Giant fans.

Oh, well... :(

Archived