Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pukes Will Have A Losing Season This Year...

tr1

I used to have more respect for you even when others thought you were a troll most of the time. :( And in truth you have been little more than a troll or a ***** for a long time. And you have been thoroughly embarrassed on this site any number of times. It's a shame, because you know football and are a great fan of your team and were once a much better poster. To my observation, tr1 has deconstructed you and you did most of the work voluntarily. All you ever had to do to avoid all the sturm und drang was carry on your discussions with others. This is my view, you make your own call.

I'm disappointed that you've lost respect for me but I guess I understand your stance. This doesn't change the respect that I have for you. I've enjoyed our discussions of substance, your knowledge of football and your sense of humor. Sometimes I'm guilty of getting baited and letting my emotions get the best of me but I've tried to work on that. I've been in the wrong plenty of times and I'm man enough to admit this. What I don't get is why no one takes tr1 to task even though "he's within the rules." For the record I've never felt embarrassed here. Not as long as tr1 is here. Perhaps apologetic for a verbal assault or for rule violation but never embarrassed over a football discussion.

I'm on the record that the Skins are likely to have a difficult season because rookie coaches are generally treated badly by the NFL...especially by the refs.

JMHO.

Sorry, I must have missed your comments on the matter. I'm not sure why you feel rookie coaches get treated badly, but fair enough.

Somehow, I think that the resiliency that the Redskins showed last season (something I can admit that the Cowboys lacked last Dec/Jan :laugh: ) will carry over to this season. Gibbs assembled a team that showed a lot of heart.

Cowboy fans can keep whining "he's a troll" for the next decade or until the cowboys win a playoff game (whichever comes first) but it means the same thing it has meant the last 18 months it has been whined: nothing.

I'll leave the trolling thing alone. I agree, and I can see how it may come off as "whining." If you don't think he's a troll then I'll officially leave it alone.

Whether tr1 just lives to pull your strings, or just loathes all things cowboy and their fans, or he’s just entertaining Redskins fans who loathe the cowboys, or all of the preceding in some mix and motives un-named, it doesn’t matter as long as he stays within the rules.

I completely get this it's just perplexing to me why you and many of the other intelligent die hard skins fans are so accepting of this guy as a representation of skins fans and ATN flaunting him as "MR. ATN.".. Although he gets on my last nerve at times, I come here, amongst other reasons to laugh AT HIM. I just don't get what makes him such a rock star here? His game seems a bit cowardly but that's just me.

True, it is amusing to many here to continually see the rotating pack of cowboy fans following after tr1 every day in every thread.

For the most part it seems like most Boys fans are attempting to stick to the topic and discuss football. Sometimes the Cowboys fans represent themselves better than some skins fans. Equally amusing are the skins fans that hang on to his every word and follow him every day in every thread.

Hell, about 70% of the total cowboy-fan posts in ATN contain tr1's name and comment on "what he always does" and "what he’s like” and about 30% actually just deal with the content of the topics/stories he posts.

This is true and something I need to work on. Like I said, there are plenty of much better Boys posters than I who stick to the thread and the facts.

So why are you guys here? Why do you guys come here if all you mainly do is chase after tr1? I mean all some of you guys do is talk about how pointless and ridiculous it is to exchange posts with him and then go ahead and do it over and over again.

I'm here because I enjoy talking football with my rival fans. Like I said, there are plenty of intelligent and knowledgeable folks here always up for a good debate. I demand better from rivals though. I'd like to see someone step up and challenge tr1 and demand a better representation for the forum. It's like wanting a better opponent.

It is kind of weird, though, reading those kinky little circle-jerks ya'all give each other when you figure you've busted him.

It's weird that if he's so pointless or irritating he doesn't just get ignored. Of course we always read the "but it's so much fun to bust him" line when that's suggested. Ok. And yet we also get allllll that regular whining about him. Hmmmm.

You're right, it's a weird addiction. There will be a time to put tr1 on ignore but it's hard. Very weird.

Personally, I get along fine with many of you as posters when you're not obssessing over tr1 and ****ing about it. You’re the ones volunteering to do it. Why not try being adult men and quit whining when it’s your free choice?

Good points again. Let's face it, tr1 is brilliant at sucking us in. It's actually incredibly fun to put him on ignore but it's hard to do year round. The irony here is your request that we behave like adult men. I accept that just remember it works both ways and you should apply that request to EVERYONE.

Despite our differences Jumbo I think you're a good guy. I take your words seriously and I'll do my best to stick to football. :applause:

Good post, its its true to the bone. but I'm worried you may get carpal tunnel if you have to do that a few more times. lol

I have to concur with that. I'm used to Jumbo having to set the record straight like clockwork, but this one really got my attention for some reason. I don't about you, but I'm just ready for the season to get started. I can't remember an offseason that left so much unfinished business on the table. :doh:

Equally amusing are the skins fans that hang on to his every word and follow him every day in every thread.

I find that to be the most interesting thing going on in the ATN. I don't know about you, but some of the ways people come to tr1's defense is just pure gold. That's the stuff I love reading the most. Because every once in a while, tr1 posts something that even the most staunch diehards struggle to defend. If there was ever a "payoff" for me (and an answer to Jumbo's ongoing question about why us Cowboys fans come here :D ), that would be it. Guilty as charged.

I find that to be the most interesting thing going on in the ATN. I don't know about you, but some of the ways people come to tr1's defense is just pure gold. That's the stuff I love reading the most. Because every once in a while, tr1 posts something that even the most staunch diehards struggle to defend. If there was ever a "payoff" for me (and an answer to Jumbo's ongoing question about why us Cowboys fans come here :D ), that would be it. Guilty as charged.

This board is fun, I just can't keep my emotions out of the way sometimes. I have to agree with you VCD. My most enjoyable moments here is when God forbid, a skins fan such as SMG has the guts (I know deep down some have to grow tired of tr1) to simply challenge or disagree with tr1. This brave soul is immediately cast as "skins hater" or "Cowboys lover" etc.. just because they don't think Tony Romo sits to pee is gay or Tony Fasano will not be the second coming of Tony Gonzalez.

I think I get it though. I enjoy when skins fans challenge tr1 and Cowboy enjoyment CANNOT happen here so all it sorta makes sense.

I could have bought into your proposition if it wasn't for your own opinion on your own premise. Should I follow your logic, the Skins will stumble badly as well. Not gonna happen.

The pukes stayed pat. Their biggest deficiency was WR...it'll haunt them all season.

I didn't see the Skins staying pat.

Our offense is going to change...staying pat would have with Saunders would not have improved us.

And, we got receivers to make the new offense work.

I've been challenged by Skins fans many times. Fortunately, most feel the same way about the pukes as I do.

Nice attempt at divide and conquer. Our dislike of the pukes, however, makes that simply impossible.

:laugh:

I've been challenged by Skins fans many times. Fortunately, most feel the same way about the pukes as I do.

Nice attempt at divide and conquer. Our dislike of the pukes, however, makes that simply impossible.

:laugh:

Keep fighting the good fight tr1. Just so you know, I live under no illusion nor do I have the desire to "divide and conquer", as you put it.

This board is fun, I just can't keep my emotions out of the way sometimes. I have to agree with you VCD. My most enjoyable moments here is when God forbid, a skins fan such as SMG has the guts (I know deep down some have to grow tired of tr1) to simply challenge or disagree with tr1. This brave soul is immediately cast as "skins hater" or "Cowboys lover" etc.. just because they don't think Tony Romo sits to pee is gay or Tony Fasano will not be the second coming of Tony Gonzalez.

I think I get it though. I enjoy when skins fans challenge tr1 and Cowboy enjoyment CANNOT happen here so all it sorta makes sense.

THA, don't generalize.

Sock puppets abound in ES. To their credit, the mods put up with it constantly. There actually are fans who simply can't say anything good about their team (though I find them to be troubled individuals... :laugh: )

If you guys could ever come up with some convincing arguments, your stay here would be welcomed. Unfortunately, Skins fans present facts, you spout fiction and in the end, rival fans visiting our team's home board look...well, they look a bit pathetic.

Oh, and do I really know the pukes will suck this year? I think so...but, hey until the games are played, who really knows, eh?

I do know one thing, though: The pukes have eaten more cheese in recent times than any team that continues to be humiliated in playoff games.

They do continue to win in the 'expectations game.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and do I really know the pukes will suck this year? I think so...but, hey until the games are played, who really knows, eh?

I do know one thing, though: The pukes have eaten more cheese in recent times than any team that continues to be humiliated in playoff games.

They do continue to win in the 'expectations game.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can live with that. I do agree that the media and some of the fans are overly enamored with a 13-3 regular season record. The Cowboys left a lot on the table when the main course was left there for the taking.

By the same token, I also think the playoff drought thing is somewhat overplayed by the naysayers. It's not so much that they didn't win a playoff game as much as WHY they didn't. That is, until the Cowboys fix the problems they've had in the secondary (Roy Williams, lack of quality cornerback depth), they aren't going to advance. It's been the Cowboys achilles heel for the longest time. I'm not sure if this is going to be the year things get fixed, but I feel more confident in the additions made there this offseason than at any other time in a long time.

Why is it that you guys think it was your secondary that let you down last year when it clearly was your offense? Not only did Crayton drop that easy pass, but Romo sits to pee and that offensive line looked completely lost on the last two drives. They were letting guys through to Romo sits to pee at a ridiculous rate and he looked like he wasn't sure where he was. Didn't Wade say something round about how it was the offense that failed and his defense did fine? I thought I remembered him saying something like that.

The pukes stayed pat. Their biggest deficiency was WR...it'll haunt them all season.

I didn't see the Skins staying pat.

Our offense is going to change...staying pat would have with Saunders would not have improved us.

And, we got receivers to make the new offense work.

How do you upgrade a 13-3 team that ranked the number 2 offense? How was WR such a pain for us that we scored in most games at will? Stop listening to ESPN, they dont have a clue. If we really need a WR that badly dont you think we'd have one?

Did it haunt us all last season when Romo sits to pee broke some Franchise records?

Was that much of a problem when we got to cruise at the end?

Why is it that you guys think it was your secondary that let you down last year when it clearly was your offense? Not only did Crayton drop that easy pass, but Romo sits to pee and that offensive line looked completely lost on the last two drives. They were letting guys through to Romo sits to pee at a ridiculous rate and he looked like he wasn't sure where he was. Didn't Wade say something round about how it was the offense that failed and his defense did fine? I thought I remembered him saying something like that.

It wasnt the offense that stuttered at the end, the defense gave up some plays that just shouldnt have happened, bottom line. Yes the offense shot itself in the foot, but it was the responsiblity of the defense to hold the position and they allowed the GIants to march down the field, it layed on them.

How do you upgrade a 13-3 team that ranked the number 2 offense? How was WR such a pain for us that we scored in most games at will? Stop listening to ESPN, they dont have a clue. If we really need a WR that badly dont you think we'd have one?

Did it haunt us all last season when Romo sits to pee broke some Franchise records?

Was that much of a problem when we got to cruise at the end?

You keep saying you cruised as if you easily won all your games late in the season. That would be the definition of cruising. You barely beat Detroit, you lost big time to Philly, and the Redskins put a hurtin on your starters. You guys weren't cruising. You were splitting at the seams. It all came to a head during your last regular season game when you couldn't do much of anything at all with your starters in and some of them trying to achieve personal goals.

Cruising implies your team was running like a finely tuned machine. That was far from the case.

It wasnt the offense that stuttered at the end, the defense gave up some plays that just shouldnt have happened, bottom line. Yes the offense shot itself in the foot, but it was the responsiblity of the defense to hold the position and they allowed the GIants to march down the field, it layed on them.

Everybody but you guys seems to recognize the fact that your offense let you down. Your defense did fine. They only allowed 21 points. I mean, your offense was scoring that in it's sleep earlier in the season. 17 points and you don't think your offense was the problem? Seriously? :laugh:

You keep saying you cruised as if you easily won all your games late in the season. That would be the definition of cruising. You barely beat Detroit, you lost big time to Philly, and the Redskins put a hurtin on your starters. You guys weren't cruising. You were splitting at the seams. It all came to a head during your last regular season game when you couldn't do much of anything at all with your starters in and some of them trying to achieve personal goals.

Cruising implies your team was running like a finely tuned machine. That was far from the case.

YOu are right, we went 13-3 overall and felt the need to push our players because those loses kicked us right out of the NFL. By losing to the Eagles and the Skins we totally told the NFL we sucked and that was Phillips game plan all along.

I have to tell you i had no delusions that the Skins were going to win, that might have meant more to you than the rest of the COwboy fans and thats great, but it didnt shock me you won. I think the plan was bigger than the Skins, but if you felt that your team did so much damage to us and really killed our spirit, have at it. But i got to warn you, not a lot of reasonable people are going to see it that way, but go with it.

And yes, 13-3 means fine tuned machine. It all came down to one catch, 1 catch and the team doesnt need all these upgrades everyone swears a 13-3 team needs. 1 catch and the december swoon talk goes away, 1 catch and everything else falls into place, but no, the Skins and their 1 victory over us foiled it all. Damn those Redskins, the whole season was deteremined on that game and it was so horrible we were kicked out of the NFL.

But you stopped it all, congrats. I got news for you, Most Cowboy fans that i know of and all of the Cowboys coaches do not determine their season and what it meant by due to a loss to 1 team.

Everybody but you guys seems to recognize the fact that your offense let you down. Your defense did fine. They only allowed 21 points. I mean, your offense was scoring that in it's sleep earlier in the season. 17 points and you don't think your offense was the problem? Seriously? :laugh:

Again, im not going to argue semantics with you, yes it was the second rate offense that failed, thats what it all came down to. In fact Garrett is being whipped as we speak, BECAUSE when it came to the offense, Dallas was looking at Capers and not an offensive person to come in and run things. Yeah, they whole heartedly felt it was the offense, thats why they went and replaced more defensive guys and basically let them all walk. But you go ahead and keep thinking that while the facts show different.

I hope Garrets whippings stop soon.

YOu are right, we went 13-3 overall and felt the need to push our players because those loses kicked us right out of the NFL. By losing to the Eagles and the Skins we totally told the NFL we sucked and that was Phillips game plan all along.

I have to tell you i had no delusions that the Skins were going to win, that might have meant more to you than the rest of the COwboy fans and thats great, but it didnt shock me you won. I think the plan was bigger than the Skins, but if you felt that your team did so much damage to us and really killed our spirit, have at it. But i got to warn you, not a lot of reasonable people are going to see it that way, but go with it.

And yes, 13-3 means fine tuned machine. It all came down to one catch, 1 catch and the team doesnt need all these upgrades everyone swears a 13-3 team needs. 1 catch and the december swoon talk goes away, 1 catch and everything else falls into place, but no, the Skins and their 1 victory over us foiled it all. Damn those Redskins, the whole season was deteremined on that game and it was so horrible we were kicked out of the NFL.

But you stopped it all, congrats. I got news for you, Most Cowboy fans that i know of and all of the Cowboys coaches do not determine their season and what it meant by due to a loss to 1 team.

I never said we broke you. I said you faltered late in the season and it really become glaringly obvious that you weren't the same team during that last regular season game when we totally controlled your guys. Your starters couldn't do jack squat against us. You can say they had nothing to play for, but we all know that a few of your guys wanted to achieve personal goals. I saw some smack talk before the game too. I think it was Hamlin that was saying something about beating us.

Believe it or not, there were a lot of fans of your team that thought even your backups would take care of business against us. There are a few of them that post right here in the ATN that thought that way. I know that was a widespread feeling throughout your fanbase as I looked over the predictions back then. You can try to sweep it under the rug because the game was incosequential for you, but not many Dallas fans were willing to say they thought the Redskins would beat them. I doubt many even thought you'd lose.

Your overall record doesn't tell the whole story. It doesn't tell how badly you played in december heading into the playoffs. No matter how much you try to polish it up by saying 13-3, anybody who watched your games knows that you looked bad the last few games of the season. You can't fool anybody by dragging out 13-3 every post. People watch the games. They know.

Again, im not going to argue semantics with you, yes it was the second rate offense that failed, thats what it all came down to. In fact Garrett is being whipped as we speak, BECAUSE when it came to the offense, Dallas was looking at Capers and not an offensive person to come in and run things. Yeah, they whole heartedly felt it was the offense, thats why they went and replaced more defensive guys and basically let them all walk. But you go ahead and keep thinking that while the facts show different.

I hope Garrets whippings stop soon.

The facts? The ones that say you only scored 17 points with two weeks to rest and prepare at home against a wildcard team that you beat twice before? The ones that say your offense sputtered terribly the last two series? TO only got 4 catches for 49 yards. Crayton had 3 for 27. Terry Glenn ( who most likely won't be playing for you much if at all) caught 2 passes for 30 yards.

You don't see a problem there? Of course not. JJ has you guys drinking his bath water. Whatever he says is gold, right?

Archived