Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pukes Will Have A Losing Season This Year...

tr1

Originally Posted by BigDFan5

Not only yes but hell yes the secondary was what needed addressed

Lets see at WR we have an Elite WR in TO a good WR in Glenn and a serviceable #2 in Crayton then some young guys we are developing

Is TO Elite?

Don't get me wrong, hes good, but he's a camera hog, and all about him. Let's see what he does when the team struggles...

Glenn? You must have another Glenn, cause Terry is done.

CB we have an Elite CB in Newman a good CB in Henry after that was what? Oglesby? Ball?
Newman IS your secondary. Everyone else is mediocre at the NFL level.

I appreciate your "fan-hood", but I doubt you will be able to duplicate last season.

Come on, you are saying Dallas goes 13-3 and doesnt have a clue as to how to fix their team. Come on, there is hating on a team than there is down right not getting it. Just to say that tells me you dont get or give respect to football or any team, especially one that holds many records.

Just give it a rest and talk to someone else on your level.

Obviously talking to you is me stooping. You're oblivious to reality. Parcells set your team up, not JJ. Him and Ireland are responsible for your talent, not JJ. JJ is nowhere near those two in terms of getting talent. Look at how bad you guys sucked before they were brought in.

By all means, keep drinking the laced Kool aid.

Here's some "in depth analysis."

They went 13-3 last year and only got better in the offseason. We should be afraid...very afraid.

How exactly did they get better? Did every other team in the NFCE stay pat? None of them got better? I think maybe Dallas should be worried. Late season futility, teams in their division improving...

Not to mention the SB winner is from the NFCE.

Is TO Elite?

Don't get me wrong, hes good, but he's a camera hog, and all about him. Let's see what he does when the team struggles...

I appreciate your "fan-hood", but I doubt you will be able to duplicate last season.

Yes TO is elite (although he's getting old). Yes Glenn is about finished. Newman is very good but not their whole secondary.

Dallas satisfied two of their 3 big needs, RB and CB via the draft and Pacman. The problem is they used two picks to address each position and made a trade just prior to the draft forcing them to backfill that item instead of addressing the other positions of need. Yes WR currently is the largest position of need.

So do you think addressing your secondary over your offense, in particular your WR's was the way to go this offseason? In your shoes I'd be kinda disappointed and worried because there are no new noteworthy WR's on the team.

Concerned? Yes. And I did have a preference for drafting one of the 2nd round receivers over taking the TE Bennett. But given the likely minimal impact that drafting a receiver in a receiver-poor draft class would have had on this season, I am not disappointed with the Cowboys not taking one as much as no top tier receivers being available.

Here's some "in depth analysis."

They went 13-3 last year and only got better in the offseason. We should be afraid...very afraid.

got better? debatable at best

and going 13-3 they still lost in the playoffs, and split with the Skins... and could have easily lost both games if not for a couple plays.

and going 13-3 they still lost in the playoffs, and split with the Skins... and could have easily lost both games if not for a couple plays.

More ifs, still went 13-3 and upgraded their secondary. I have to say they got better somewhere, even Zach Thomas over Akin is getting better.

Concerned? Yes. And I did have a preference for drafting one of the 2nd round receivers over taking the TE Bennett. But given the likely minimal impact that drafting a receiver in a receiver-poor draft class would have had on this season, I am not disappointed with the Cowboys not taking one as much as no top tier receivers being available.

You gotta figure that no rookie WR will have a big impact in his first season. That means the earlier you take one, the sooner he'll start producing. If TO is done in two years and you had selected a WR now, there is a good chance that he'd be producing by that time. Maybe not at a TO level, but at least approaching his potential.

If you take one next year and TO leaves the year after, the receiver is less likely to be producing at a high level at that point. You may have a year where your WR's are absolutely mediocre. You know what I'm sayin?

More ifs, still went 13-3 and upgraded their secondary. I have to say they got better somewhere, even Zach Thomas over Akin is getting better.
This is an ironic post because earlier today weren't you asking how a 13-3 club like the Cowboys could possibly improve?:laugh:

Funny how all these posters post the same thing. They must be part of some sort of group. I mean, no independent thinking fan buys everything hook line and sinker the way these guys have.

Jones was the better pick

Fasano isn't needed ( I still don't understand giving him up, especially for a 4th)

The WR's are fine and Glenn will be back. If Glenn isn't back then Crayton will be fine

The offense was fine, only the secondary needed to be addressed.

None of the top WR's will do much in the NFL. Dallas picked up a UDFA WR who is gonna blow up.

Redskins fans should remember his name because he went to the same school as Wes Welker.

Pacman will not ony be an all pro, but he'll stay out of trouble.

Did I miss anything?

You gotta figure that no rookie WR will have a big impact in his first season. That means the earlier you take one, the sooner he'll start producing. If TO is done in two years and you had selected a WR now, there is a good chance that he'd be producing by that time. Maybe not at a TO level, but at least approaching his potential.

If you take one next year and TO leaves the year after, the receiver is less likely to be producing at a high level at that point. You may have a year where your WR's are absolutely mediocre. You know what I'm sayin?

Oh I agree 100% with where you're coming from here and I do think the Cowboys should have picked one of the 2nd rounders. But I can also understand why they didn't. There draft strategy centered around picking players that can produce this year, right now.

This is an ironic post because earlier today weren't you asking how a 13-3 club like the Cowboys could possibly improve?:laugh:

It really has told me, whats the point of posting here, i think the Cowboy fans here do try to give information and the wall is WEll you are Dallas you suck" just freaking implies and there is no getting around that. I tried my best but this board just wants to say, "dallas sucks, why debate anything good they do".

If thats all its going to be ill go elsewhere, i thought posting here would be fun, but im having 1 conversation and the rest is repeating because no one wants to say something to talk about.

I explained it real well, there was no WR that was available worth taking. The ones who could have been on the block was just feelers and leverage. You want leverage against your team, use Dallas, its what Fitz did.

Yes, its true, you cant upgrade a 13-3 team all that much, i hated the fact that ESPN tried to run with "Dallas needs a WR" when they are the second ranked offense.

They are taking a shot on Adam Jones, they brought in a 3-4 guy and traded a 4-3 guy.

Its not a HUGE upgrade but its better than saying the team didnt do anything or if you think they did , ITS DEBATABLE.

Just someone tell me straight forward if its worth posting here.

Funny how all these posters post the same thing. They must be part of some sort of group. I mean, no independent thinking fan buys everything hook line and sinker the way these guys have.

My puke pals are much more reality based than the puke fans who visit ATN.

It's astonishing.

It really has told me, whats the point of posting here, i think the Cowboy fans here do try to give information and the wall is WEll you are Dallas you suck" just freaking implies and there is no getting around that. I tried my best but this board just wants to say, "dallas sucks, why debate anything good they do".

If thats all its going to be ill go elsewhere, i thought posting here would be fun, but im having 1 conversation and the rest is repeating because no one wants to say something to talk about.

I explained it real well, there was no WR that was available worth taking. The ones who could have been on the block was just feelers and leverage. You want leverage against your team, use Dallas, its what Fitz did.

Yes, its true, you cant upgrade a 13-3 team all that much, i hated the fact that ESPN tried to run with "Dallas needs a WR" when they are the second ranked offense.

They are taking a shot on Adam Jones, they brought in a 3-4 guy and traded a 4-3 guy.

Its not a HUGE upgrade but its better than saying the team didnt do anything or if you think they did , ITS DEBATABLE.

Just someone tell me straight forward if its worth posting here.

It's not. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :ciao:

Is TO Elite?

Don't get me wrong, hes good,

Absolutely no question about it

but he's a camera hog, and all about him.

Which has nothing to do with being elite

Let's see what he does when the team struggles...

Wont happen much this year

We shall see

:laugh:

and I can appreciate the fact that its your fanhood that makes you feel this way

Another puke fan looking for love in all the wrong places... :doh:

Not looking for love, just wondering it its worth posting here. If you dont want to talk with the opposition, dont bother posting their stuff. I find more Cowboy stuff here than some Cowboy forums. SOmething tells me you want us here, but thats your own kinky fix.

Not looking for love, just wondering it its worth posting here. If you dont want to talk with the opposition, dont bother posting their stuff. I find more Cowboy stuff here than some Cowboy forums. SOmething tells me you want us here, but thats your own kinky fix.

We talk about what's relevant. Ask Philly fans what we talked about when they had TO. Your downfall is not only amusing to us, but it's also relevant. Can't really dog NY too much, they are the SB champs, and Philly is in a state of flux right now. Nobody knows what's gonna happen with them next year.

The arrogance and ignorance of your fanbase is what motivates most of us to talk about you. You are so full of yourselves and so clueless at the same time that it's almost impossible not to talk about. And among the NFCE fans, you guys are the biggest in number around here. I mean, for a while there right after the playoffs you couldn't find any Dallas fans to save your life around the ATN. Now that you've gotten over the terrible failure of a season last year and are able to block out the facts, you're back and in bigger numbers. Look at your register date for instance.

and just like the 9-7 Redskins you lost your first playoff game

so basically being "13-3" :rolleyes: doesn't mean squat

end of story

Sure it did. It meant we finished the regular season as NFC and NFCE champs and had a hell of a year. It's kinda like saying The Pats 16-0 mark didn't mean squat. I disagree. Sure we went on to lose in the second round of the playoffs. **** happens but to say that our 13-3 and the Dolphins 1-15 basically meant the same thing because we both didn't win a playoff game is nonsense.

Sure it did. It meant we finished the regular season as NFC and NFCE champs and had a hell of a year. It's kinda like saying The Pats 16-0 mark didn't mean squat. I disagree. Sure we went on to lose in the second round of the playoffs. **** happens but to say that our 13-3 and the Dolphins 1-15 basically meant the same thing because we both didn't win a playoff game is nonsense.

The loss by the Pats took a helluva lot of shine off that 16-0 season. I still don't put them in the same class as the Dolphins. I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. A perfect season is a perfect season.

13-3 and one and done in the playoffs is nothing to brag about. I mean, you wouldn't know it by reading some of these posts around here, but it really isn't. I mean, the 10-6 Giants have a lot more to brag about than the 13-3 Cowboys or 16-0 Pats.

Archived