Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pukes Will Have A Losing Season This Year...

tr1

LOL, that's what you took from the analysis??? That would be fine and dandy if I had not included them in the main part of my analysis but I did. I just mentioned that if you take out the great coaches from the equation then the odds of a team repeating that success is even more reduced. But the fact is that even with them included it shows that the odds are that both the Cowboys and Redskins are in for a slide this year. I'm not saying that neither team could be better because they both could be but the odds are against it.

ouvan59, it's obvious that yours was the quality post of this thread.

It simply leaves the pukes' fans stuttering.

Thanks for the info.

:cheers:

From 5-11, to 8-8 to lucky to win another game.

Hell, thats like me saying Washington goes 6-10. Then they will go 10-6 but lose in the playoffs.

Nostradomus indeed :)

I predict another 1 yard net game for the pukes...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys should be very, very afraid.

You haven't improved your team. In fact, Big Bill has put you guys at a huge disadvantage.

But, go ahead and ignore the obvious.

I like your willingness to go out on a limb here, tr1. Your prediction is now public record.

Let's stay free from making qualifications on this prediction over the next 3-4 months.

That's fine.

Can you guarantee puke fans won't use injuries as an excuse?

Can you guarantee puke fans will be here to take their medicine when the season goes to ****?

Um...no. Didn't think so.

When the pukes start to lose, these guys will be rooting on their 'second team.'

The epitome of jealousy... :laugh:

The pukes could only WISH they had a board as good as ES...and a section with as much quality as ATN. We have about a dozen regular posters who put all puke fans to shame.

Kneel at bubba's feet...

And, I can only applaud the fellas who outshine my humble posts every single day...and I'm reluctant to list them should I miss someone....but THEY know who they are...many are in this thread.

The pity is that this quality attracts so many friggin' puke fans...and Eagle fans...and Giant fans.

Oh, well... :(

IM still thinking you are here for light heartedness, we'll figure it out tho we will.

And, I can only applaud the fellas who outshine my humble posts every single day...and I'm reluctant to list them should I miss someone....but THEY know who they are...many are in this thread.

I can't speak for all the many bright, Cowboy fellas who's posts you mention that outshine your humble posts every single day but I find your graciousness to be a breath of fresh air. Your right, you don't need to spend all that time typing all those names out. We all know who they are.

I predict another 1 yard net game for the pukes...

You guys should be very, very afraid.

You haven't improved your team. In fact, Big Bill has put you guys at a huge disadvantage.

But, go ahead and ignore the obvious.

TR1 the more I read your posts, the more I realize you have no idea what your talking about. How did Parcells put the cowboys at a disadvantage....the only way I could see this being possible is some of his drafted players are turning out to be mediocre at best. It's a shame that the good articles you post are ruined by your mouth.... id stick to the articles.

No, I'll be bumping this thread...until the mods ask me not to.

:laugh:

Cool. While you are running off at the mouth, can we also get you to guarantee that the Redskins will finish with a better regular season record AND advance further in the playoffs than the Cowboys for the 2008 season?

I figure that since you are going out on a limb here, you might as well go all the way with it. Because if you aren't willing go that far, then your words mean nothing. Don't get me wrong, you are Mr. ATN and you deserve credit for providing the valuable services you provide. But personally, I don't think you truly believe that the Redskins are the better team and you don't have the guts to go on record.

You are the master at preaching Cowboys hatred, but I think it's time you show your fellow ES members just how much you truly believe in the Redskins.

Again, cant a lot of teams say that about their number 1?

Only teams that are woefully thin in certain areas. Portis has gone down and Betts filled in to the tune of 1100 yards.

And Roy Williams sucks trying to play free safety, if he resurges this year, than it tells the tale that Jacque Reeves really did suck, if he sputters this year and with Campo helping him, it will solidify it across the boards.

I dont think its fair for Cowboy fans to be throwing him under the bus so much over 1 year, but thats people for you. But sometimes you have to expect it, its everywhere.

Every year it's an excuse with Williams. Last year it was Reeves who sucked, the year before that it was Watkins or whoever they had at FS. The year before that it was Aaron Glenn who sucked. What's the common thread there? Williams himself has said he sucks (not in so many words...) Mr. Horsecollar is HIGHLY overrated.

Cool. While you are running off at the mouth, can we also get you to guarantee that the Redskins will finish with a better regular season record AND advance further in the playoffs than the Cowboys for the 2008 season?

I figure that since you are going out on a limb here, you might as well go all the way with it. Because if you aren't willing go that far, then your words mean nothing. Don't get me wrong, you are Mr. ATN and you deserve credit for providing the valuable services you provide. But personally, I don't think you truly believe that the Redskins are the better team and you don't have the guts to go on record.

You are the master at preaching Cowboys hatred, but I think it's time you show your fellow ES members just how much you truly believe in the Redskins.

TR1 is not going to do that.......and we all know that....I will save him the time and just go ahead and give his normal response to a question he does not want to answer..............This thread is about the cowboys and not the redskins so lets keep this thread on track

Only teams that are woefully thin in certain areas. Portis has gone down and Betts filled in to the tune of 1100 yards.

Every year it's an excuse with Williams. Last year it was Reeves who sucked, the year before that it was Watkins or whoever they had at FS. The year before that it was Aaron Glenn who sucked. What's the common thread there? Williams himself has said he sucks (not in so many words...) Mr. Horsecollar is HIGHLY overrated.

Well to be fair, Aaron Glenn never sucked for the boys, Watkins was a rookie who wasnt drafted high and Reeves did suck. What can i say, Dallas was soooo spoiled back there with the guys they had, they forgot how much you need a good FS, and when Roy came in he teamed up with Woodson, so even his rookie year a lot of credit should have gone to Woodsen.

But i will say this, i have seen Roy win a game or two for us and i dont forget that. I know for fact he saved us against in the eagles game and came up with a sack when it was needed.

So I am willing to wait it out and see if Campo and bring him back up, if he cant, he cant, if he does, than its been Campo helping him and yes Reeves really did suck.

But im not willing to give up on Roy because ESPN says so, or some fans are mad cause he blew an assignment or two. You cant name 1 perfect player.

As good as some other players out there, some have been a product of system and some got it easier because of a heavy CB tandem.

TR1 is not going to do that.......and we all know that....I will save him the time and just go ahead and give his normal response to a question he does not want to answer..............This thread is about the cowboys and not the redskins so lets keep this thread on track

I have to go with TR on this one. This thread is about the pukes. He created this thread to make a simple bold statement and has stuck to that statement throughout.

Though I have to agree that sometimes a comparison is warranted, just not in this thread.

Well to be fair, Aaron Glenn never sucked for the boys, Watkins was a rookie who wasnt drafted high and Reeves did suck. What can i say, Dallas was soooo spoiled back there with the guys they had, they forgot how much you need a good FS, and when Roy came in he teamed up with Woodson, so even his rookie year a lot of credit should have gone to Woodsen.

But i will say this, i have seen Roy win a game or two for us and i dont forget that. I know for fact he saved us against in the eagles game and came up with a sack when it was needed.

And how many games has he cost you...one on a certain Monday night in November of 2005 comes to mind immediately...

So I am willing to wait it out and see if Campo and bring him back up, if he cant, he cant, if he does, than its been Campo helping him and yes Reeves really did suck.

But im not willing to give up on Roy because ESPN says so, or some fans are mad cause he blew an assignment or two. You cant name 1 perfect player.

As good as some other players out there, some have been a product of system and some got it easier because of a heavy CB tandem.

Ah, and one wonders where Bubba gets his infamous stereotype from...

And how many games has he cost you...one on a certain Monday night in November of 2005 comes to mind immediately...

Ah, and one wonders where Bubba gets his infamous stereotype from...

2005 was the revious DC and he shouldnt have been doing a 3-4 period. HIs name escapes me right now, and I know I never wanted him doing a 3-4, great 4-3 guy, but not the 3-4. THAT was DALLAS's Mistake, namely Parcells.

ANd what, i cant root for my players, like most of the Skins who booed Smoot out of the SKins place and when he comes back hes a "playa" as most around here posted. Come on.

So i take pride in my players and dont always feel the need to replace the team come draft time or the offseason. Sorry Dallas isnt offended by their team and goes and replace them like the SKins used to. What can i say im a fan of the team. Lords have mercy.

Yes, that's pretty much a given. He's turned the opportunity to show some Redskins love several times. What a great opportunity wasted.

2005 was the revious DC and he shouldnt have been doing a 3-4 period. HIs name escapes me right now, and I know I never wanted him doing a 3-4, great 4-3 guy, but not the 3-4. THAT was DALLAS's Mistake, namely Parcells.

More excuses...

ANd what, i cant root for my players, like most of the Skins who booed Smoot out of the SKins place and when he comes back hes a "playa" as most around here posted. Come on.

Yep -- and you know what I call those fans? Homers. I did not want to lose Smoot OR Pierce.

So i take pride in my players and dont always feel the need to replace the team come draft time or the offseason. Sorry Dallas isnt offended by their team and goes and replace them like the SKins used to. What can i say im a fan of the team. Lords have mercy.

There's a difference between Pride and Delusion. Pride is sticking by a young or developing player. Pride is hanging with a team when they're stuggling. Delusion is believing Archuleta or Williams are capable of coverage.

The Redskins are very good at cutting ties with poor players. Archuleta, Lloyd, etc. The only player in recent memory that the Skins cut loose that went on to anything after he left here was Pierce. (No not counting Bailey -- he was a trade.)

Ahhhhhhh, another stir the pot, get puke fans fired up TR thread. Throw in a lone Eagle fan putting his two cents in (who knows if they will win the NFCE) and it is just another day in the ATN.

For all the new puke posters, he caries the title of Mr. ATN for a reason.

Right, because he's a troll. If he isn't, why else would he address his thread directly to "puke" fans as opposed to directing the thread to skins fans since of course, this is a skins board and all? Who else on their own team site starts threads speaking DIRECTLY TO rival fans?

There are quite a few skins posters that I respect here but threads like these really make a lot of you look foolish IMO. Perhaps that's the point? .... To sacrifice being real, coming across as intelligent or separating yourself a little to attempt to "gang up" on Boys fans and "protect" ATN at all costs.

BigD5 and VCDefectors absolutely bodied Ouvan, tr1 and this entire thread. How you guys tolerate getting beat down and smacked around on your own board is beyond me. I'd be thoroughly embarrassed. :)

Maybe you'd like to explain what he meant?

In general, if you had a "good" team/record the year before the win increase your likely to still have a good record the next year. Its not very often a 9+ win team increases 4+ games. In the time period you chose, it happened only 2 other times. One team won the same 14 games and the other lost 3 more but still had a very solid 10-5-1 record. Both made the playoffs.

Teams are much more likely to have a poor record (6 or fewer wins) and increase to 10 or less games. Unlike the good teams, these teams had much more room to continue increasing their victory total. However, they generally did not do better. 9 had more losses, 2 more wins, & 1 stayed the same. Of the 12 times only twice did they make the playoffs.

A generalization, could be made that a team with a previous winning record may lose more games but will likely still have a good record and make the playoffs. A team with a poor record (<7 wins) will lose more games and not be a playoff team.

I expanded the timeline to go back another 10 years to 1990 in order to find additional teams like Dallas that had a winning record and then won 4+ more games.

In doing this additional analysis, I found 3 teams that you left out of your data. Since I was only looking at for a small subset of teams that had 4+ more wins than the previous year, its likely you missed including several other teams too.

PITT

2000 9-7

2001 13-3

STL

2000 10-6

2001 14-2

SEA

2004 9-7

2005 13-3

If you go back to 1990, you now have 12 times where a team like Dallas won 4+ more games. In the following year 10 of 12 had fewer victories & 2 had the same number. 9 of 12 (75%) made the playoffs the following year.

Once again, it appears Dallas will probably have fewer victories but will likely make the playoffs.

I expanded the timeline to go back another 10 years to 1990 in order to find additional teams like Dallas that had a winning record and then won 4+ more games.

In doing this additional analysis, I found 3 teams that you left out of your data. Since I was only looking at for a small subset of teams that had 4+ more wins than the previous year, its likely you missed including several other teams too.

PITT

2000 9-7

2001 13-3

STL

2000 10-6

2001 14-2

SEA

2004 9-7

2005 13-3

If you go back to 1990, you now have 12 times where a team like Dallas won 4+ more games. In the following year 10 of 12 had fewer victories & 2 had the same number. 9 of 12 (75%) made the playoffs the following year.

Once again, it appears Dallas will probably have fewer victories but will likely make the playoffs.

I agree with your assessment.

I said it before and I will say it again. Dallas has a much tougher schedule next year. 10-12 wins sounds about right.

Archived