Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Olbermann in rare form

chomerics

I actually meant does Olberman always spend 12 minutes talking to the camera about his own opinions? That's an eternity in television time, and he was pretty animated to boot.

WOW, I give up two years of my life and my Commander and Chief gives up golf. I hope it does not hurt his handicap.

Oh, God! You fall for this mess????

Keith, you were once a sports broadcaster. Then, you moved to MSNBC only to be talking about nothing but Bill and Monica for 2 years. Boy, have you made up for it. You are a *****, Sir . . . simply put, a *****, and now you have gone as far as to seem more of a ***** than one of ES's local *****, chom. Nobody thought ANYONE could stoop to being so much of a little ***** as chom but you, Sir Keith Obermann have done that. Congrats and good night!(Can I turn away from the camera to pretend how flustered I am?)

Whoa. My computer speakers are still smoking from that one.

But yeah, that pretty much hit the nail right on the head. With a WMD. :laugh:

Sadly, it seems to be in vogue these days to pretend that Bush doesn't matter so much anymore, even though he and his merry band of thugs still have plenty of time left. People have simply grown accustomed to idiocy like this. It's as if there's a special low standard in place just for Bush, because folks know it would be unfair to hold him to the same standard as everybody else.

I'd say he gets to hit from the ladies' tees, but that might be a touchy metaphor at the moment.

I completely understand the Bush fatigue -- but if McCain wins this fall, people will come to regret this summer's "ignore the lame duck" rhetoric.

I'd say he gets to hit from the ladies' tees, but that might be a touchy metaphor at the moment.

You're insulting a white man. Anything goes, remember?

Look, I don't think it's Obama's race which will keep the general election close. It has to do with HIM. Obama, can I keep the money I work for?

What are these guys gonna do next year when they don't have anyone to bash? ;)

Save for a short segment or two, Olberman is hardly stuck on Bush these days. Hell I think he blasts Hillary as much, if not moreso, than he does Bush nowadays. Among others.

And so what if he used to be a sportscaster? Bush used to be an alcoholic. Cheany used to want to stay out of Iraq. I used to support Bush (way back when, it's true.) People change, people move on. Whatever. That's life.

Save for a short segment or two, Olberman is hardly stuck on Bush these days. Hell I think he blasts Hillary as much, if not moreso, than he does Bush nowadays. Among others.

:laugh: Okay, what's he gonna do if McCain defeats Obama? He will cry like a ***** for 4 years.

:laugh: Okay, what's he gonna do if McCain defeats Obama? He will cry like a ***** for 4 years.

Or to put it another way, he'll continue letting the president write his material for him.

Or to put it another way, he'll continue letting the president write his material for him.

Or to put it another way, he'll continue letting the president speak in his own way that pisses of the left-wing Olbermann watchers.

I'm no fan of Bush, but Olbermann sounds like Limbaugh talking about the Democrats.

There it is. Olbermann is the left's counterpart to Limbaugh/Hannity/Savage/etc.

I haven't watched him much before, and after seeing this clip, I'm glad I haven't. What a pompous buffoon.

Olbermann brings up three points.

1. Doomsday scenario. Chom, as the OP, what would your answer be to the question "If we were to pull out of Iraq next year, what's the worst that could happen, what's the doomsday scenario?" To me, Bush's answer was reasonable. There is a school of thought that our enemies are emboldened by the US's lack of resolve to put troops in harm's way. I may not agree with it, but there are many who suscribe to that notion. In light of that, short of ducking the question, Bush gave what in his view is a reasonable response.

2. WMD intelligence. I tend to agree that the Administration cherry-picked intelligence regarding WMD in support of going in to Iraq. I think that's what Olbermann's point was, though it was tough to pick up through all of his vitriolic, red-faced spittle.

3. The give-up golf issue. This is the ultimate cheap shot at Bush, to imply that he has decided that giving up golf is his best way to show support for military families. To me, it shows Bush understands the symbolism of the Presidency and the connotation of golf as leisurely and carefree, so he made a decision to stop playing...one small gesture in acknowlegement of the symbolic power of the Office of the Presidency. God knows Olbermann would have been the very first critic to superimpose Bush playing golf with images of military families grieving the loss of a loved one. But in twisting that small gesture so grotesquely, Olbermann exposes himself as a partisan hack every bit as poisonous to reasonable discourse as Limbaugh and the rest of the right wing radio brigade.

Dan T. thank you for elaborating on exactly what I wanted to say, but didn't due to extreme laziness. :)

I think point #2 was his strongest one, but there was so much partisan hackery to sift through that it gets lost in the white noise.

I get the feeling that Olberman thinks he needs to be an A-hole, because that's how the Michael Savages and Bill O'Reillys do it.

His point makes itself. Bush's decisions regarding foreign affairs have been suspect at best, and his deception is veiled. He did surround himself with yes men, and he did ignore the data out of the CIA. Thing is, the country is either

1) Too lemming like to stand by the president whatever he says or

2) Too apathetic to do anything about it

The venom is unnecessary, IMO.

I love watching leftys fawn all over Olbermann for doing the exact same thing they curse and deride the likes of Hannity and Bill O for doing.

Olbermanns obsession with all things not looney left is frightening. The man needs help.

I love watching leftys fawn all over Olbermann for doing the exact same thing they curse and deride the likes of Hannity and Bill O for doing.

Olbermanns obsession with all things not looney left is frightening. The man needs help.

There it is. Olbermann is the left's counterpart to Limbaugh/Hannity/Savage/etc.

I haven't watched him much before, and after seeing this clip, I'm glad I haven't. What a pompous buffoon.

Olbermann brings up three points.

1. Doomsday scenario. Chom, as the OP, what would your answer be to the question "If we were to pull out of Iraq next year, what's the worst that could happen, what's the doomsday scenario?" To me, Bush's answer was reasonable. There is a school of thought that our enemies are emboldened by the US's lack of resolve to put troops in harm's way. I may not agree with it, but there are many who suscribe to that notion. In light of that, short of ducking the question, Bush gave what in his view is a reasonable response.

2. WMD intelligence. I tend to agree that the Administration cherry-picked intelligence regarding WMD in support of going in to Iraq. I think that's what Olbermann's point was, though it was tough to pick up through all of his vitriolic, red-faced spittle.

3. The give-up golf issue. This is the ultimate cheap shot at Bush, to imply that he has decided that giving up golf is his best way to show support for military families. To me, it shows Bush understands the symbolism of the Presidency and the connotation of golf as leisurely and carefree, so he made a decision to stop playing...one small gesture in acknowlegement of the symbolic power of the Office of the Presidency. God knows Olbermann would have been the very first critic to superimpose Bush playing golf with images of military families grieving the loss of a loved one. But in twisting that small gesture so grotesquely, Olbermann exposes himself as a partisan hack every bit as poisonous to reasonable discourse as Limbaugh and the rest of the right wing radio brigade.

Both, very well said.

Although I'm sure Chommie's response to #1 will include such original phrases such as "fear mongering" and "war mongering". Just a hunch.

The Congress should be criticizing as well as asking these questions of the administration. ( oh yeah the Congress is a joke bunch of spineless yes men and women) I can't stand Bush and I am registered GOP. One thing I will say for him is he does have brass balls (don't know if it is due to stupidity or determination) but he does what he wants and scerew everyone including MSNBC

Archived