Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Postcards from Splitsville

Zguy28

Yes, very sad.

But I'd also be interested to see thoughts from children growing up in households where divorce isn't an option... and the relationship is abusive and/or disfunctional.

Sometimes divorce, as painful as it is for all involved (especially children) is the best decision. I'm sure that makes me a bad Catholic, but hey, it's way down on the list :)

Of course, I think a lot of people use marriage as a form of serious dating... and that's not right either.

I agree with Zoony. How divorce impacts the kids depends very much on the way the parents handle it.

Too often the parents behave like *******s toward each other and even use the kids as a weapon to inflict hurt on the other spouse. If these couples who are unable to behave like mature adults did stay together the chances of the kids having a very positive home life is very low.

But I've also seen other divorced couples who behave in a way where the impact on the kids is as small as it can be.

Sad.

People need to put more thought into choosing their life partners. And then honor that commitment.

Sometimes it's not so easy.

I echo what Zoony said. It doesn't have to be a big huge trauma,, if the parents can conduct themselves properly, things can be done with a minimum of damage.

~Bang

Sometimes it's not so easy.

I echo what Zoony said. It doesn't have to be a big huge trauma,, if the parents can conduct themselves properly, things can be done with a minimum of damage.

~Bang

I wonder what the ratio is?

I wonder also, how many kids, while perhaps having more "things" and "freedoms", would sacrifice it for their parents getting back together, even if it wasn't idyllic.

(I'm not talking about abuse either. That's a whole other discussion.)

Archived