Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we be a top 10 Offense this year?

Never4get#21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My take on this:

The WCO is all quick reads which puts less strain on the OL. No more Counter Gaps every series.

We added the weapons we need to be successful. We now have 4 quick WR in Moss/ARE/Mathis and THomas. We also have size with Thomas/Mix/Kelly and Ludwig?.

Red Zone we'll see more 2TE sets with Davis/Cooley becoming targets add to that Seller/Portis backfield with a tall WR for the fade.

I dont see any reason why we should not be a top tier offense. We were ranked 15th last year with all the redzone issues and the fact that our WR account for a handfull of TDs.

I can see it now:

"No unless Todd Collins starts. Because Jason Campbell will never be able to adjust to the WCO (even though he ran a version of it in college) because no one will ever be able to shorten his throwing motion. Campbell is a bust and is a few games away from being benched and becoming a career backup, no matter the fact that hes only started 19 games in this league."

Yay, I basically covered what you're going to hear.

I think we might play like a top offense in the last 2-3 games of the year. And hopefully that will carry over into the 09 season.

But the first 7-8 games are going to be pretty rough I think with some bright spots but then also a lot of unnecessary timeouts, delays of game, interceptions because the receiver ran the wrong route, JC holding onto the ball too long, etc.

So I wouldn't expect the overall 2008 stats to be very good. But hopefully the last few games will be good. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

I, like others have said, voted 'no' but not for the reasons listed in parentheses. Just becuase our rookie pass catchers won't make huge contributions this year doesn't make them "busts," it just means that they will be developing this year. Chances are we field the same starting recievers in a LARGE majority of our games next year, barring extended injury.

Not to mention that the new offense will probably take a few games to get in gear, although I'll keep my fingers crossed that those few games occur in preseason. :D

Waaaay too early to say. Zorn has never called a play, and just wrote his playbook. No one knows anything about the way this offense will work aside from the label "West Coast Offense."

I'll remain noncomittal, but I would not bet on us being in the top 10.

I voted no. No reason to think that at this time our picks will bust, but the fact of the matter is that rookie WR's dont have huge impacts. We also have issues on the OLine that will hamper both the run and the pass. So for reasons other than both WR's busting I say no. Things could be different in a year or 2 however.

when was the last time we had a top 10 O?

Good question! i was intrigued, so I looked it up for you. We were number 2 in '99. FYI we finished ranked 11th in offense in 2000 and 2005.

Here's the link if you are interested in refreshing your memory.

Archived