Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we be a top 10 Offense this year?

Never4get#21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The offense probably will not look that great this year. I don't even think the players have the playbook yet based off of the interview on redskins.com. As of a couple days ago, he said special teams and defensive playbooks were done. also mini camp stuff was prepared, but he made it sound as if the offense playbook is still being finished. I think the offense will not be great this year, but i like the rookie picks. Next year, once everybody soaks it in I'll be super excited.

Ahh, I'm already super excited about this year. My hope is Zorn doesn't get the boot for a sub-par.

Ahh, I'm already super excited about this year. My hope is Zorn doesn't get the boot for a sub-par.

I sure hope not, that would be devastating to the development of our franchise. I'm gonna go ahead and beleive that Snyder has really bought into the "continuity" talk.

We may not have an amazing year offensively, but we will at the very least compete in the NFC, which should be enough to convice Snyder to keep Mr. Zorny.

No. WRs typically break out in their 3rd season, and seldom produce much their rookie years. Saying they must either produce this year or be considered busts is pretty ridiculous. 2009 will be a better barometer of which direction our team is headed post-JGII

I can see it now:

"No unless Todd Collins starts. Because Jason Campbell will never be able to adjust to the WCO (even though he ran a version of it in college) because no one will ever be able to shorten his throwing motion. Campbell is a bust and is a few games away from being benched and becoming a career backup, no matter the fact that hes only started 19 games in this league."

Yay, I basically covered what you're going to hear.

His throwing motion has already been shortened by Zorn in the offseason.

No team picks up the WCO quickly. The system may be quite simple but the lingo is quite intensive.

Not to mention that the key components for the system to work, namely Kelly/Thomas at split end and Davis as 2nd TE, are all rookies.

It will be 2-3 years under Zorn before the system starts hitting on all cylinders.

Call me a homer because I am going to make some predictions here. I say we finish 11th overall and make 2nd round of the playoffs. I think we pick up the WCO alot faster than most predict and our rookie receivers all contribute this year. JC will have his breakout year this year. Our o-line stays healthy and Boss Hog has good rotation with our new studs, including Brown from App. St.

Now, I will temper the playoff prediction by saying I expect little or no drop in defense play. If we can sure-up the LB position, Nickel CB, and stay healthy, we can go all the way. Mark it down!

I sure hope to see this post again whilst celebrating our divisional win.:)

I can see it now:

"No unless Todd Collins starts. Because Jason Campbell will never be able to adjust to the WCO (even though he ran a version of it in college) because no one will ever be able to shorten his throwing motion. Campbell is a bust and is a few games away from being benched and becoming a career backup, no matter the fact that hes only started 19 games in this league."

Yay, I basically covered what you're going to hear.

I fully agree and be real a fade pass cambell only has one speed verry hard

No team picks up the WCO quickly. The system may be quite simple but the lingo is quite intensive.

Definitely. Hasn't anyone seen those Matt Hassleback commercials, where he says this ridiculously long string of words, that is just one play? Then he goes on and on about how the number of times he says it determines what play they run? So if you run the play a 3rd time, its completely different than the 2nd time?

We'll have to count on our Defense to keep us in games this season until the Offense gels, because it'll take the O a bit of time to get ready.

i went for MAYBE, mainly because i disagreed with your reasoning for NO.

i think we will definitely be capable, the question is, how long will it take our team to buy into the new concept and adapt to it.... not long hopefully.

on a side note, i think it's one of the best years to have an extra preseason game of preparation.

If we managed a top 15 ranking under Al Saunders, then things should improve with Zorn.
Care to elaborate on that? Despite Saunders offense not working that well here that guy did put together some of the most potent offenses in KC from 2001-2005. He had no less than a #5 offense in the NFL in that time period posting two #1 overall offenses as chiefs O cordinator. I still believe Saunders never fully got to impliment his offense with the Skins.

Just wondering why you think a first time play caller in the NFL with a fairly young Qb can easily put up a better offense than a proven OC that has had some of the most prolific offenses in NFL history.

To answer the question of this thread, no I dont believe we will have a top 10 offense with a first time HC who is not only that but our OC and his first ever stint as that in the NFL. We have a couple of rookie recievers who over time could possibly become studs but not a ton of recievers come in their first years and put up huge numbers. I hope to god we strike gold with these guys but I dont want to get my hopes up. I will gladly eat crow on this statement but just being realistic I think we have a ways to go and have to actually see this team in action before we claim top 10 offense.

on a side note, i think it's one of the best years to have an extra preseason game of preparation.

Of course, if JC goes down in preseason game number 5, it could be the worst year to have an extra game. But that's a different debate altogether. :D

Why not? Then we'd get to see our REAL savior Colt '45' Brennan in regular season action!! :doh:

man, i cant believe the number of guys on here that are so ready to write off jason and annoint brennan the future. i cant wait til jason has his supporting cast healthy and in place this season. they all will be eating their words.

man, i cant believe the number of guys on here that are so ready to write off jason and annoint brennan the future. i cant wait til jason has his supporting cast healthy and in place this season. they all will be eating their words.
Dude its Extremeskins, I am still waiting for the next trade Portis for Peyton Manning thread to pop up again, its been a few weeks since we have had a trade Portis thread.....:laugh:

Dude its Extremeskins, I am still waiting for the next trade Portis for Peyton Manning thread to pop up again, its been a few weeks since we have had a trade Portis thread.....:laugh:

yeah.... its one thing when people are "venting" after a loss (which i still hate)... but the season hasnt even started. can yall at least wait til you have a solid basis for your belief that JC will not be able to play in this new system???

I'm pretty sure you got my sarcasm, but I just wanted to clarify that I am not in any way one of those annointing Brennan. I completely agree with you.

I just have to clarify that, I don't want anyone thinking I'm that dumb, haha.

I'm pretty sure you got my sarcasm, but I just wanted to clarify that I am not in any way one of those annointing Brennan. I completely agree with you.

I just have to clarify that, I don't want anyone thinking I'm that dumb, haha.

haha... yeah i got you. here's to NOT jumping on the bandwagon of hate :cheers:

Archived