Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeremiah Wright on Bill Moyers

headexplode

BigMike, you want us to believe that your race has been treated just as poorly as blacks were treated? Come on dude. That's essentially your argument it seems and frankly no sane person will believe you.

Thats what you took from what I said. I never once said that is the case.

And one thing you need to learn about me, I dont need your validation to consider myself right in my beliefs. I am a very strong person.

This thread reminds me of the "Last Temptation of Christ"

I remember being this enormous controversy and organized movement to boycott the movie. People were completely enraged over it and thought it was the most vile piece of evil ever conceived of. After a little digging, 99% of the people questioned that they had never seen the movie, read the book, but it had heard it was an abominiation and that's good enough for them.

Headexplode comes in and says... I'm at conflict. I heard the disgusting soundbites too, but I just got to hear him speak on this show and I think it's worth a listen to hear something more indepth.

But so many, disregard his call for study in order to proclaim that the soundbites are all they need to know and are all telling.

I remember that the controversy about the Last Temptation of Christ got so feverish that I decided to see it. It was a movie I would have never seen without the hoopla. I left thinking... what's the big deal. Where's the issue?

I think the Temptation and Write thing are Oranges and Tangellos, because most of us have at least witnessed the sewage come from his lips, but I think a call to listen and examine is generally a good thing and would at least produce a deeper, more honest conversation.

BigMike, you want us to believe that your race has been treated just as poorly as blacks were treated? Come on dude. That's essentially your argument it seems and frankly no sane person will believe you.

How was Wright mistreated so badly that he is entitled to say anything and get away with it?

SUBHUMAN???? :silly:

He didn't live in a ghetto,he attended one of the best schools in his city,he attended college,was accepted into the military,was given opportunity to advance there and did,returned to college for several degrees,then became a pastor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright#cite_note-36

The man really held him down back in the day :laugh:

How was Wright mistreated so badly that he is entitled to say anything and get away with it?

He didn't live in a ghetto,he attended one of the best schools in his city,he attended college,was accepted into the military,was given opportunity to advance there and did,returned to college for several degrees,then became a pastor.

so by this logic, its not right to speak on the suffering you witness of people who look like you, just because you made it?

so by this logic, its not right to speak on the suffering you witness of people who look like you, just because you made it?

Certainly you address it specifically(call it out), but you don't invent **** like this tool.

If you want to compare spiritual leaders then compare G W Bush and his advisor Billy Graham. See Nixon tapes on Grahams anti Semitic views and anti Gay stance

Or G W Bushs speaking to Bob Jones University, a place that forbid Blacks and white to date

Maybe Reagan should have condemn the moral Majority led by Jerry Falwell, because Falwell would not allow blacks in his Church in the 50's

Lets not forget Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blaming 911 on gays and the women rights movements, as a judgement from God. Or you could Say God damned American for its Gay and women rights stance

And Then there is John Hagee, who MCain has sought the endorsement of, he blamed Katrina as Gods Judgement on NOLA for hosting a gay parade scheduled for later that week

Gods Judgement is no different than God damning something

If you want to compare spiritual leaders then compare G W Bush and his advisor Billy Graham. See Nixon tapes on Grahams anti Semitic views and anti Gay stance

Or G W Bushs speaking to Bob Jones University, a place that forbid Blacks and white to date

Maybe Reagan should have condemn the moral Majority led by Jerry Falwell, because Falwell would not allow blacks in his Church in the 50's

Lets not forget Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blaming 911 on gays and the women rights movements, as a judgement from God. Or you could Say God damned American for its Gay and women rights stance

And Then there is John Hagee, who MCain has sought the endorsement of, he blamed Katrina as Gods Judgement on NOLA for hosting a gay parade scheduled for later that week

Gods Judgement is no different than God damning something

Congratulations for proving that we don't need more of the same, Wright?

obama didn't say he was a bad person, just he did not AGREE with what he said, exactly how is that "throwing someone under the bus" ??

Publicly refuting his words and removing him from his campaign qualify in my eyes.

But I can see I might have overstated it,how's cutting him loose since he has become a liability instead of a power base work?

He is like a crazy uncle now and we will just try to ignore him.

It does not surprise me that you forgot the fact that he was born at a time when blacks and whites were segregated. Best school? So what? You're a white guy and you don't seem to understand the meaning of segregation. I guess segregation doesn't count because he went to the military and given opportunity. :laugh:

Publicly refuting his words and removing him from his campaign qualify in my eyes.

But I can see I might have overstated it,how's cutting him loose since he has become a liability instead of a power base work?

He is like a crazy uncle now and we will just try to ignore him.

Did you just take Obama's statements and try to make them your own?

He didnt remove him from his campaign because he was never an active member of it. He didnt say anything because he thought Wright was stepping down any ways and it was just going to go away.

But it didnt go away and he finally has spoken out against it. And I think that pissed Wright off and now he is downing Obama as well.

It does not surprise me that you forgot the fact that he was born at a time when blacks and whites were segregated. Best school? So what? You're a white guy and you don't seem to understand the meaning of segregation. I guess segregation doesn't count because he went to the military and given opportunity. :laugh:

So white people cant understand? Is it because we lack the intelligence to understand? Or is it because "its a black thang" that we wouldnt understand?

You keep looking to the past as to how to deal with the present. You are never going to make a better future if you do that.

WHAT segregation?

He went to a integrated(majority white) school,he lived in a mixed neighborhood.

All I need is some young kid lecturing me on history and telling me what color I am :laugh:

added

Try reading

http://neveryetmelted.com/?p=3722

So what your saying is Jeremiah can say and do as he pleases and you can't because you were born in the 80's?

Why doesn't it surprise you?

So white people cant understand? Is it because we lack the intelligence to understand? Or is it because "its a black thang" that we wouldnt understand?

You keep looking to the past as to how to deal with the present. You are never going to make a better future if you do that.

Note, I'm not black if that's the assumption you're making.

Note, I'm not black if that's the assumption you're making.

I get where you could think that I was still assuming you were black because of the example I used but I dont care for anyone's skin color any more.

But regardless of that I think I still made a good point and asked a valid question.

WHAT segregation?

He went to a integrated(majority white) school,he lived in a mixed neighborhood.

All I need is some young kid lecturing me on history and telling me what color I am :laugh:

added

Try reading

http://neveryetmelted.com/?p=3722

Yeah, America wasn't segregated in the 60's. You're just pathetic, to tell you the truth. Your attempt at neglecting to mention all negative things Wright went through, and just focus on the positive is racist at best. Given that republicans are a party of segregation, I'm not surprised. Yes, most democrats/dixiecrats who were for segregation became republicans for a reason. There's a reason why most Whites in the South are republicans and most blacks are democrats.

Your use of the ":laugh: " emoticon is just annoying, and that's probably what you're trying to do.

Keep trying to find proof to try to suggest that Wright's life was all gravy, because that makes you look like a racist.

Yeah, America wasn't segregated in the 60's. You're just pathetic, to tell you the truth. Your attempt at neglecting to mention all negative things Wright went through, and just focus on the positive is racist at best. Given that republicans are a party of segregation, I'm not surprised. Yes, most democrats/dixiecrats who were for segregation became republicans for a reason. There's a reason why most Whites in the South are republicans and most blacks are democrats.

Your use of the ":laugh: " emoticon is just annoying, and that's probably what you're trying to do.

Keep trying to find proof to try to suggest that Wright's life was all gravy, because that makes you look like a racist.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're a little pathetic in your bias

I grew up in the 60's,went to integrated schools(yes even in the racist south :rolleyes: )

I'm sure Wright suffered from some form of discrimination or "negative things" ,as have I...That means I get to say whatever the hell I feel like, FOOL .

After all you gave me permission.:silly:

ok, ok. calm down. no need to call each other names just because we have different points of views. we are all entitled to what we believe and if we want to discuss this we have to respect the other's opinions.

You the voice of reason?

I don't have to respect a faulty opinion or a bad idea.

And I am entitled to say whatever since I have been oppressed. :laugh:

Alright, I apologize, but some of his comments were making my blood boil.

1. He was basically suggesting that since Wright went to an integrated school, his life was all gravy. TWA seems to think Wright faced ZERO racism. As proof, he cites the fact that he went to an integrated school and went to a good college. Oh really? His logic is that integrated schools had zero racism. Seriously, does that mean Wright couldn't march with civil rights activists against segregation? Blacks who were born before the civil rights period all faced racism. TWA wants you to believe that Wright was living a good life. You can furnish as much proof as you want, but Wright shares past with his fellow blacks who lived prior to integration. Using TWA's logic, Jews who lived in America during the holocaust can't say anything about the holocaust because their life was more comfortable.

2. Wright, according to the interview yesterday, got death threats after that "inflammatory" video was aired by the media. How many of those threats were from nazis, kkk members and skinheads? And you guys are suggesting that life is all gravy in the 21st century.

3. I have said in the past that Obama was playing the race card to get elected(for example, trying to portray Bill Clinton as racist). This time it's Hillary and Republicans that are playing the race card to ensure Obama loses.

This has become an election about race. Most Whites will be voting republican more than in the past, and most blacks will be voting democrat.

Archived