Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins give up on Boldin&Chad/Miami offered Taylor to skins,but rejected!

michael_33

Bon Scott (1974-1980) or Brian Johnson (1980-Current)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Bon Scott (1974-1980) or Brian Johnson (1980-Current)

Thank goodness we rejected the trade. Truthfully, if I were the Dolphins, I would have approached us too with the trade considering how gullible we have been in the past with good players nearing the end of their career

Dude, judging from the commentary out there in so many different sports sites, we're the laughing stock of the NFL. Way to go Dannyo

They will drop back if possible into the end of the 1st round and take either Merling or the best O-lineman on their board.

WR will come in the 2nd round.

Book it.

That's the way I see it unfolding too. It's unfortunate that there's no WR really worthy of #21. Trade down if possible, then Merling if available, then maybe Nelson? Sunday, I'm guessing we look at a CB to get things started. We'll also likely take a safety and QB, with linemen filling out the list.

Predicting the draft really is like predicting weather two weeks ahead.

Are we allowed to start a thread for everyone to come say how wrong they were and how they are the stupid ones, not our FO. You would have thought that one of those deals were already done based on this message board. Now people arent going to have something to fuss about!

Looks like many need to tone back their hatred for the FO from the CJ trade. Taylor is still a good DE, but he is a player fast approaching the end of his career, IMO, while CJ has a solid 5 years left, IMO. CJ may have been a more immediate answer, but any rookie you bring in could likely be gone in 5-6 years as well. Anyways, I said the offer was too much for Chad, but still, going for an elite WR and passing on a once-elite DE are smart moves. Blast away.

At least we didn't trade with Miami. I would've seriously been pissed off in that case. I don't want another 34 year old D-lineman. Plus, he's only 255 lbs. Not big enough to go across from Andre Carter (252 lbs.)

Dude, although I wouldn't want us to trade our #1 pick for an older player, you can't knock JT's weight. He's the D-MVP...what's he have to prove?

Not sure of the parameters of the trade offer for Taylor other than they wanted our first round pick. I would make the trade if Miami threw in their 2nd round pick. The difference between our first rounder and Miami's 2nd rounder is 220 points which equates to the 10th pick in round 3 so it would be the equivilant of giving up a 3rd round pick for Taylor. As I mentioned in the other Taylor thread, Miami fans and most of the media would simply see us giving up our first round pick when, in reality, it's a pretty fair trade, IMO.

Archived