Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins give up on Boldin&Chad/Miami offered Taylor to skins,but rejected!

michael_33

Bon Scott (1974-1980) or Brian Johnson (1980-Current)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Bon Scott (1974-1980) or Brian Johnson (1980-Current)

Redskins give up on boldin

After numerous inquiries, the Redskins no longer anticipate dealing for Anquan Boldin or Chad Johnson on draft day, according to the Washington Post.

Washington appears to have focused its attention to three WR prospects: Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, and Jordy Nelson. If Johnson, Boldin, or Roy Williams is traded, Philly and Dallas seem the most likely landing spots

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Redskins_Give_Up_On_Boldin/257587

Citing league sources, the Washington Post reports that the Dolphins offered Jason Taylor to the Redskins.

However, the Redskins reportedly turned Miami down. The Dolphins may have asked for the No. 21 overall pick, which Washington is interested in moving, but 'Skins officials don't feel Taylor would fit in with their long-term plans. The Post does not expect the Redskins' stance to change. Apr. 25 - 4:45 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=115545

It starting to look like a WR in the 1st....Sweed,kelly or maybe even Hardy?

Boy... Miami must think we are stupid for wanting Taylor for our 21st pick!

I'm starting to hope for a trade down right now.... :doh:

I would be pissed if we had traded or 21st pick for Taylor. Personally I would be very happy if we came away with Sweed with the pick. I really think we need to come away from this draft with a really good reciever prospect and I think Sweed would be a solid pick, I wouldnt mind Kelly either but would prefer Sweed.

Redskins give up on boldin

Citing league sources, the Washington Post reports that the Dolphins offered Jason Taylor to the Redskins.

However, the Redskins reportedly turned Miami down. The Dolphins may have asked for the No. 21 overall pick, which Washington is interested in moving, but 'Skins officials don't feel Taylor would fit in with their long-term plans. The Post does not expect the Redskins' stance to change. Apr. 25 - 4:45 pm et

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

It starting to look like a WR in the 1st....Sweed,kelly or maybe even Hardy?

Boy... Miami must think we are stupid for wanting Taylor for our 21st pick!

I'm starting to hope for a trade down right now.... :doh:

Trade back and get Merling/Campbell and Sweed/Nelson.

"...fit in with their long-term plans."

I thought our front office only thought short-term? :laugh:

good find Michael

Totally thinking the same thing! At times, I think their only take on long-term plans is the increase and/or expiration of the salary cap.

I'd love to know what the "long term plan" was 10 years ago. 5 years ago. ****, 5 weeks ago.

On a somewhat related note, anyone else getting a sense of deja vu in regard to the front office making a series of failed attempts to get what they want? Not saying that I'm disatisfied with Zorn. Just get the sense he was option G, and not A or B, ya know?

Zorn himself is getting an opportunity of a lifetime, so he could probably care less, but if I'm a legit coach with experience interviewing for a job, and I knew I was the "fallback choice", I might be a little less enthusiastic.

Same might be said about our pick tomorrow morning. Whoever we draft first tomrrow (especially if he's a wide receiver), after all the smiles, all the money, all the tears and hugs, and all the flash bulbs, champagne and high-fives, that player will eventually go to sleep tomorrow night knowing his future employer would have rather had Chad Johnson. Or Anquan Boldin. Or Roy Williams. Or whoever.

Hopefully, it'll be a motivating factor rather than a resentful one.

If our F.O. didn't have such a history of stupidity, I'd be insulted that the Dolphins even approached us with a 34 year old player expecting a first rounder in exchange. But, it is Snyderatto we're talking about here so from their standpoint I guess it was worth a try. :doh:

This is NOT the same team. I KNOW that last year we would have picked up Taylor. I don't know if its Zorn or just a change of heart but im like the direction this team is taking.
I don't know that we would've taken that deal for Taylor last year, that seems like a stretch.

However it does feel like the team is more patient right now and openly in a sort of rebuilding mode, rather than the "win now" mentality that was starting to take over in 2006 and 2007, where the FO seemed more than content with the roster as is. Now it seems we're trying to find future playmakers and critical depth guys that can one day start rather than trying to force us into a small window of time to contend.

I'm predicting a trade between atlanta. The Qbs will go in the late first round early second and I'm hoping to pick up a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. My dream would come true if Matt ryan slipped to 21 but I don't think that will happen.

I'm predicting a trade between atlanta. The Qbs will go in the late first round early second and I'm hoping to pick up a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. My dream would come true if Matt ryan slipped to 21 but I don't think that will happen.

I don't see Matt Ryan getting past the Ravens.

My hope is there is surprising run on QB's and Atlanta makes a move to make sure they get their guy. - Either that, or if they're enamored with a CB replacement for Hall.

I would have been ecstatic if we got Boldin for our first, and the only pick, It would have been worth it. I would have been happy with C.Johnson, he is still a play maker.

I like the path we are taking as well. I want to build our team. We are still very competative with our vets and adding future talent this year will hopefully keep the trend going.

Taylor for #21 isn't a terrible move.

a Mid-30s DE who has no intention of playing longer than 2 more seasons would in fact be a terrible move.

At least CJ would have brought us 4 years minimum.

And I'd like to add that I like our approach now.

We make an offer for CJ and Anquan. We get turned down, so we promptly say, "**** you Arizona/Cincinnati." And move on with our lives.

Even better that we turned down Taylor, because at shows that just because we've offered our 21st doesn't mean we don't value it.

Now go get Limas Sweed.

Archived