Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll was for #21, But Now Who Do We Go For Next? (M.E.T.)

SkinsMaster88

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, so far Merling, Sweed, and Campbell appear to be the top choices. I agree with some others that there is more depth to the WR draft class with guys that should be available in the 2nd/3rd round that can contribute. At D-line, you have a fairly sharp drop-off with mainly situational players or from D-IAA, D-II by the time you get to the end of the 2nd round or 3rd round.

I would rather go after Balmer. I want someone who can collapse the pocket with Griffin. I think Balmer would be able to do that.

Balmer won't do that. He has a grand total of 6 career sacks. He's not going to pressure the QB at all.

We need DE

We also need a WR, CB, OG, OT, S, QB, as well as some other positions that we could use some luxury at.

Mel Kiper's final mock has cromartie available to us. I say we draft Cromartie and move Springs to the Safety position oposite Laron Landry.

Kiper is a great guy, but he can't project a draft to save his life. DRC will not be available for us at all. He will go in the top 15.

Merling is currently the favorite with almost 21% of the votes.

Similar to the mock draft consensus around the web with Merling as the top choice predicted to go to the Redskins about 27% of the time.

Get your votes in. Draft starts in just over 14 hours. I'll update the first post with the results at the start of the draft and when we're almost on the clock, provided we don't trade up/down/veteran.

I think DE is more important than WR and those are our top two needs.

However, I'm just not overly impressed with any of the guys that are most likely going to be available. Merling/Campbell/Kelly/Sweed are just not that great IMO but it is the 21st pick and I guess I have to settle a little bit. If you ask me, Merling is the guy we need I don't think he CAN'T rush the passer overall and unless someone better falls to us I'd say go with him.

I was watching one of those ESPN shows and they had a poll exactly with the same question as this thread, and it "Mario Manningham" was what the Redskins fans wanted. WHY??? is there any redskins fans that want manningham?? who actually thinks manningham will go in the first round????

I was watching one of those ESPN shows and they had a poll exactly with the same question as this thread, and it "Mario Manningham" was what the Redskins fans wanted. WHY??? is there any redskins fans that want manningham?? who actually thinks manningham will go in the first round????

That was from the idiotic SportsNation poll about a month ago.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=snmock08

ES Results at start of 2008 NFL Draft (4/26/08 3 PM)

Phillip Merling, DE 	80	20.25%
Limas Sweed, WR 	62	15.70%
Calais Campbell, DE 	52	13.16%
Malcolm Kelly, WR 	33	8.35%
Other 	                25      6.33%
Aqib Talib, CB 	        23      5.82%
Devin Thomas, WR 	17	4.30%
Kentwan Balmer, DT 	16	4.05%
Mike Jenkins, CB 	16	4.05%
Kenny Phillips, S 	16	4.05%
James Hardy, WR  	13	3.29%
Jerod Mayo, LB 	        12	3.04%