Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengals.com: Cincy Denies Any Trade Offer From Skins

elkabong82

I still wouldn't have deserved a :doh:, though...all is said was wait until something is confirmed before going off the deep end, and that media reports from "league sources" have been proven wrong numerous times, so why act like they're undeniable truths carved in stone.

No, no, no. I was going to give the :doh: for posting a comment, after the fact that was revealed. Not on your prior posts.

You are correct media sources have been proved wrong, but they seem to be right more than 50% of time. (imagine if espn.com stories were correct less than 50%!!).

Confirmed is a good point, but it all depends on who u mean confirmed it. The report was confirmed from multiple sources as far as i was concerned, enough evidence that titled the scales one way.

All that said, my main point in this thread was that the title was misleading. Which is was. I said i read the article a few times and it all didnt really add up right, it didnt flow. He didnt mention the skins ect ect.

But i was told "he said it, he said, he denied it..." and i said "well he didnt mention the skins"

The title was misleading and it is now false.

No, no, no. I was going to give the :doh: for posting a comment, after the fact that was revealed. Not on your prior posts.

Ohhhhhhhhh lol...gotcha. :thumbsup:

You are correct media sources have been proved wrong, but they seem to be right more than 50% of time. (imagine if espn.com stories were correct less than 50%!!).

Everything else is lol :laugh:...But seriously, me personally I would want something like 90%+ correct before I'd react to anything any media member or media outlet said...Holy crap, just reliving all the hatred and anger aimed at Snyder over the reported impending hiring of Fassel while searching for those quotes about Mort was enough of a reminder that everyone should wait and chill.

Confirmed is a good point, but it all depends on who u mean confirmed it. The report was confirmed from multiple sources as far as i was concerned, enough evidence that titled the scales one way.

All that said, my main point in this thread was that the title was misleading. Which is was. I said i read the article a few times and it all didnt really add up right, it didnt flow. He didnt mention the skins ect ect.

But i was told "he said it, he said, he denied it..." and i said "well he didnt mention the skins"

The title was misleading and it is now false.

"Confirmed" to me means by the parties involved. If someone is correct 90% of the time, I'll assume there's some truth there, but I'll still wait. If someone is correct 65%-70% of the time, I'll remember the other 30%-35% when they were wrong and say "eh, come back to me when there's something more concrete" and go about my day.

As for the thread title, I understand completely why it was worded the way it was worded...it's not misleading, hell, even Lewis himself confirmed that he was initially saying that the Redskins had not made any offers. If he wasn't saying what the thread started assumed he was saying, there would be no need for Lewis to correct himself.

According to this WT blog:

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

The Redskins have DENIED that they offered any picks to the Bengals.

They said they made inquires about Johnson, but offered nothing.

And after the Lewis retraction, the Redskins source changed his tune as well.

Course, since the Bengals weren't interested in trading him anyways, the point is somewhat moot.

Course, part of me thinks it benefits the Bengals having this story out there, because it is showing Chad that the team won't buckle under pressure.

Jason

Ohhhhhhhhh lol...gotcha. :thumbsup:

Everything else is lol :laugh:...But seriously, me personally I would want something like 90%+ correct before I'd react to anything any media member or media outlet said...Holy crap, just reliving all the hatred and anger aimed at Snyder over the reported impending hiring of Fassel while searching for those quotes about Mort was enough of a reminder that everyone should wait and chill.

"Confirmed" to me means by the parties involved. If someone is correct 90% of the time, I'll assume there's some truth there, but I'll still wait. If someone is correct 65%-70% of the time, I'll remember the other 30%-35% when they were wrong and say "eh, come back to me when there's something more concrete" and go about my day.

As for the thread title, I understand completely why it was worded the way it was worded...it's not misleading, hell, even Lewis himself confirmed that he was initially saying that the Redskins had not made any offers. If he wasn't saying what the thread started assumed he was saying, there would be no need for Lewis to correct himself.

Are you saying that over 70% of everything posted on ESPN.com is false?

I was surprised when Mortenson on ESPN came on at 6 pm and said Lewis talked to him on the phone then backed up that yes there was an offer but it was declined and they are determined to keep Chad Johnson which is really good news to hear.

Good,onto Boldin,R.Williams,or the draft.Forget about Chad.

I don't care if an offer was made or not. As long as the deal isn't going through I don't care.

I get what you're saying but it saddens me that other teams are saving us from ourselves.

Just a bad feeling to have in looking towards the future.

Actually, Bubba confirms that the Bungles did indeed reject us earlier.

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Update: Bengals did turn down Redskins' offer

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis has retracted his earlier denial of the ESPN report that Washington had offered two draft choices for disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson.

Lewis told ESPN that the Bengals rejected the Redskins' offer of their first-round pick, 21st overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 for Johnson, who has threatened to hold out all year. The 2009 selection could wind up as high as a first-rounder depending on how well Johnson played.

Upon hearing that Lewis, Washington's defensive coordinator in 2002, had spilled the beans, the highly-placed Redskins source changed his denial and also confirmed ESPN's report.

true true.

So i still ask, do you believe that out of all posted on espn.com 30% is false?

Well, I only really follow what they say/write about the Redskins...and I'd rather use the word "inaccurate" instead of "false" lol. But yeah, about 30% of the stuff they write about the Redskins is either inaccurate when they write it or turns out to be inaccurate later on.

It seems like cincy has a tough decision on their hands.

Pride versus value.

One one hand they could get some pretty substantial compensation for chad.

On the other they are in a position where they could proove a major point to chad and other players in the league like him by taking a stand and make him sit the whole year.

For a team in a build mode like them, with some already good picks, this could be a sacrifice that would almost be worth it.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Something tells me there are a lot of coaches and NFL personnel making some calls to cincy and telling them that they need to stand strong on this one for every teams benefit.

Archived