Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengals.com: Cincy Denies Any Trade Offer From Skins

elkabong82

I wouldn't be surprised if this "rumor" came from the Skins to throw off Philly and Dallas and scare them with the price tag or try to outbid us. Someone else posted a reply saying that the commentary about the cap hit sounds like it came straight from Snyder's mouth.

This I would believe

If i was involved in any of the decision making process over there in Cincy i would jump on this deal. Your talking three additional day one picks: two this year. that team needs a lot to address and with TJ being there they still have at least one stud WR.

I think Lewis has some bad memories of working with the skins and especially doesn't want to do us any favors.

The thread title is misleading based on the article. Lewis does not deny any trade offer. HE says no phone call had been received.

Many other ways of communication are possible.

And note: Lewis never address the skins directly. Not at all.

That doesnt mean the rumor is true, not by a long shot. But it has not been out right denied.

I mean how hard is it to say "the redskins have not offered us a first round pick in any shape or form"

The thread title is misleading based on the article. Lewis does not deny any trade offer. HE says no phone call had been received.

That doesnt mean the rumor is true, not by a long shot. But it has not been out right denied.

I mean how hard is it to say "the redskins have not offered us a first round pick in any shape or form"

I'm pretty sure "no phone calls" means no offers, unless the Skins flew out to him personally to chat instead of making a simple phone call. I think you are just wishing this to be true, despite being told by the Bengals themselves it isn't true.

You're as bad as Zoony... :doh:

:laugh:

I'm pretty sure "no phone calls" means no offers, unless the Skins flew out to him personally to chat instead of making a simple phone call. I think you are just wishing this to be true, despite being told by the Bengals themselves it isn't true.

What about email? Fax? ect.

But thats not my point. My point is Lewis didnt directly address the skins offer, unless i am misreading. I read the article you linked 3 or 4 times. It doesnt flow too well.

It seemed he made a blanket statement and did not directly talk about the skins.

Again if you read what i wrote, i said the rumor isnt true or false, but simply what is written makes the thread title misleading.

I dont hope it to be true, i hope a single pick can land chad.

But thats not my point. My point is Lewis didnt directly address the skins offer, unless i am misreading. It seemed he made a blanket statement and did not directly talk about the skins.

So a blanket statement saying that no calls or offers received doesn't cover the skins? If he specified the skins you all would be saying the Cowboys or Eagles made the deal...come on, stop grabbing at straws.

To expand that, he says that the team doesn't comment on rumors and innuendo.

You are never going to get anyone on the record for deals that aren't made.

Jason

Marvin Lewis seemed not to have a problem.

And the fact that Dan Snyder jumped in first to answer the question "No Comment" before Vinny did... well I stand by what I said, not good.

I don't believe anything at this point... that an offer was made, or that an offer wasn't made. I haven't seen good evidence on either side.

But it doesn't surprise me to see you towing the line Jason :)

So a blanket statement saying that no calls or offers received doesn't cover the skins? If he specified the skins you all would be saying the Cowboys or Eagles made the deal...come on, stop grabbing at straws.

Im not grabbing at straws. Read the article again. I said that the rumor isnt true or false. I said the thread title was misleading and the statements seem like a sidestep.:2cents:

You dont agree, thats fine. I want to see what vinny says, though he could spin it.;)

This makes no difference to irrational-Redskins-fan, he will insist that the Mort rumor must be true because "Danny" is such a moron. Who needs facts.....

lol :laugh:

Now if Mort would have said the Skins offered THREE 1st round draft picks, then it would have been more believable :silly:

But thats not my point. My point is Lewis didnt directly address the skins offer, unless i am misreading. It seemed he made a blanket statement and did not directly talk about the skins.

What about planes? Trains? and automobiles? Maybe Dan used his i-phone and sent a text. It would be a lot more secure than an e-mail or fax. Dude seriosuly, a fax?

My point is Lewis said they had received no phone calls. That means they have not received offers from anyone. How can they not have received any phone call, and at the same time the Skins contact them with an offer? Like I said, they use phones. Why wouldn't they? An e-mail or fax isn't a secure lines of communication, and the only reason you are claiming anything other than a phone is used, which is ludicrous, is because you want this rumor to be true, for all intents and purposes so you can continue to bash the FO.

Lewis doesn't have to talk directly about the Skins, as he excluded every team in that statement. No offers means no offers.

You're as bad as Zoony... :doh:

All kidding aside, I don't see it as a stretch whatsoever... not in the least. I see this kind of 'speak' all the time in my line of work. A fairly standard practice in business, politics, and life.

Tell someone the truth, but not the whole truth.

If someone asks me (and I'm Marvin Lewis) if an offer was made... I might say "Look, there was no phone call made to my boss, and we're not interested in trading CJ". Is that really saying that no offer was made?

I'll say it again. I haven't seen good evidence on either side. On the one hand, you've got BLC screaming and crying like a 2 year old who spilled their ice cream cone... and you've got The Longshot playing the cop on South Park "move along, nothing to see here".

Both positions are flawed at this point. Now sure... one might turn out to be correct at some point... but right now, based on the information that's out there, both are flawed positions to take.

Marvin Lewis seemed not to have a problem.

Enough people here seem to think his comment was pretty ambiguous.

And the fact that Dan Snyder jumped in first to answer the question "No Comment" before Vinny did... well I stand by what I said, not good.

I don't believe anything at this point... that an offer was made, or that an offer wasn't made. I haven't seen good evidence on either side.

No team is going to comment on any offers that are being made. There is no benefit to the team to confirming or denying anything in public that hasn't been set in stone.

Personally, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about any trades that don't happen. I'm sure there are a lot of offers that we don't hear about that would curl our toes.

But it doesn't surprise me to see you towing the line Jason :)

What the hell does that mean? Do you even know what my position on getting Chad Johnson is?

Jason

What the hell does that mean? Do you even know what my position on getting Chad Johnson is?

Jason

No, but I know your first name. You throw that out there on every post, just not your actual position on things. It's easier for you to multi-quote other's I guess. ;)

What about planes? Trains? and automobiles? Maybe Dan used his i-phone and sent a text. It would be a lot more secure than an e-mail or fax. Dude seriosuly, a fax?

My point is Lewis said they had received no phone calls. That means they have not received offers from anyone. How can they not have received any phone call, and at the same time the Skins contact them with an offer? Like I said, they use phones. Why wouldn't they? An e-mail or fax isn't a secure lines of communication, and the only reason you are claiming anything other than a phone is used, which is ludicrous, is because you want this rumor to be true, for all intents and purposes so you can continue to bash the FO.

Lewis doesn't have to talk directly about the Skins, as he excluded every team in that statement. No offers means no offers.

No offers does mean no offers. But that is not what marvin said. If it is that easy to say, why didnt he?

All kidding aside, I don't see it as a stretch whatsoever... not in the least. I see this kind of 'speak' all the time in my line of work. A fairly standard practice in business, politics, and life.

Tell someone the truth, but not the whole truth.

If someone asks me (and I'm Marvin Lewis) if an offer was made... I might say "Look, there was no phone call made to my boss, and we're not interested in trading CJ". Is that really saying that no offer was made?

I'll say it again. I haven't seen good evidence on either side. On the one hand, you've got BLC screaming and crying like a 2 year old who spilled their ice cream cone... and you've got The Longshot playing the cop on South Park "move along, nothing to see here".

Both positions are flawed at this point. Now sure... one might turn out to be correct at some point... but right now, based on the information that's out there, both are flawed positions to take.

Really good post zoony.:applause:

Archived