Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengals.com: Cincy Denies Any Trade Offer From Skins

elkabong82

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6737

Citing team and league sources, ESPN.com says that the Redskins offered their first-round pick, No. 21 overall this year, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels,

But speaking at a Tuesday news conference for this weekend's draft, Lewis said that Bengals president "Mike Brown has not received a phone call."

The club has been adamant in not trading the disgruntled five-time Pro Bowl wide receiver and ESPN's Chris Mortensen said the Eagles and Cowboys have also been told Johnson is not on the market.

With Johnson talking retirement if the Bengals don't trade him, Lewis said, "He's a man of his word. He says he's not going to play, so don't play."

"It's time to do what you're going to say you do and we'll just move forward," Lewis said.

Quarterback Carson Palmer, who unintentionally got in the middle of L'Affaire Chad last week when Johnson ripped Palmer for saying he would be here when he had to be, avoided saying much Tuesday.

"I take it with a grain of salt," Palmer said. "I've always been a forgiving guy," and he still would like Johnson to come back because he's been such a good player.

So we can chill out now with the over reaction threads?

*Got this in breaking news, posted by Bubba

there is a discussion going on about this in the other thread too

I know, it's what prompted to me to create a thread for the news source. If you feel a merge is necessary, then by all means. I just figured this would show others it is just a rumor, and maybe curb all the Dear Snyder threads, or at least prevent certain "realists" from flying off the handle.

I know, it's what prompted to me to create a thread for the news source. If you feel a merge is necessary, then by all means. I just figured this would show others it is just a rumor, and maybe curb all the Dear Snyder threads, or at least prevent certain "realists" from flying off the handle.

I've tried..there are some who think THIS report is the false one, and the ever reliable :rolleyes: espn and the all redskins knowing JLC :rolleyes: is the correct one :doh:

Nah, I'll leave it open, I don't think most are going to see this in the other thread.

Most people have Xamiel on ignore anyways :silly:

This would be terrible and absolutely unbelievable if this trade offer is true. Why would you waste two first round picks on a guy thats 30 years old for one, and second once things start going bad for him in Washington, he's not going to want to play for us anymore! If we want to trade a first round pick for a reciever I'd much rather see us get Roy Williams, a guy who is 2 inches taller, more than 20 pounds heavier, and 4 years younger than Chad.....but even then he isn't worth 2 first round picks! If Danny does make this trade he is proving that he knows absolutely nothing about football. I plan on going to the draft day party this year, but if this goes down before the draft theres no chance I go, and I just hope after waiting there all day and giving Danny more of my money on food and beer, when that #21 pick comes, it better not say we made a trade for Oocho Sucko!

....and the first time Ocho catches a TD at home and breaks into the Riverdance, he'll be "worth every penny", right? ;)

Man, this is crazy! We scream for an upgrade and when the FO tries to make the team better, we scream it's a bad idea. Do we REALLY know what the heck we want.......besides EVERY pick in the first round?

I wouldn't be surprised if this "rumor" came from the Skins to throw off Philly and Dallas and scare them with the price tag or try to outbid us. Someone else posted a reply saying that the commentary about the cap hit sounds like it came straight from Snyder's mouth.

But then again, I might have a little more faith in the ability of our FO than most.

Nah I think its the Buddy Christ that has me suspicious...

believe in the Buddy Christ he is your friend

Nah, I'll leave it open, I don't think most are going to see this in the other thread.

Most people have Xamiel on ignore anyways :silly:

:laugh: thats because the ubers and thumpers fear the truth ;)

Archived