Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF!!! Dall-ASS has 5 prime time games!!!

Passizle

Why the complaining? I mean is there really anything better than watching Dallas (or Philly) lose in primetime?

Not that I would watch them unless they were playing the Skins though.

You would only watch divisional rivals if they were playing the Skins?

My favorite games each year (outside of those including the Eagles) are the Redskins-Cowboys, Giants-Redskins, and Giants-Cowboys.

You would only watch divisional rivals if they were playing the Skins?

My favorite games each year (outside of those including the Eagles) are the Redskins-Cowboys, Giants-Redskins, and Giants-Cowboys.

Agree'd. I watch every NFCE game televised.

No. I dont feel slighted in the least. The Redskins have been mediocre for the past decade. I have no misgivings about that... but they have a HUGE market. Merchandise sales and attendance speak vilumes about that. So the games wont be that exciting, due to people preconceptions... but there is no way in hell the NFL has some secret formula as to which will draw and which wont.

But my beef is with how the games are scheduled. No one here actually knows the actual reasons they are scheduled that way. Some people say popularity... some people say ratings... some say something else...

My point is, it would be nice to see parity in the schedules. Some form of non-biasness (is that a word?).

And as to the comments of the eagles having a large market... Are you freaking kidding me? Eagles?

The Giants have a much bigger market and draw a lot more viewers yet they have 3 prime time games. They won the freakin superbowl!!! Explain that if you will...

My explanation to this most recent question, as it will be for any further scenario you conjur, is the same as all my other explanations: money. Corporations don't make decisions on a whim. They use focus groups, surveys, trends, and statistical analysis to figure what gives them they best opportunity to maximize their earning potential.

The Eagles get games because, whether his recent play warrants it or not, Donovan McNabb is one of the most marketable athletes in the sport. He draws the common fan and has been at the center of a number of controversies in the last five years. All this makes Eagles games a better sell. Their heavy involvement in free agency this year also provides better storylines for potential mathups (Eagles vs. Fitzgerald), etc.

And as to the comments of the eagles having a large market and/or draw ratings... Are you freaking kidding me? Eagles?(BTW, the only reason for the draw last year was the fact they had a chance to win... and on top of that, the ratings were down until the news spread about how the game was going. It was not even televised in my area at first... until AFTER the game started getting good.)

The Giants have a much bigger market and draw a lot more viewers yet they have 3 prime time games. They won the freakin superbowl!!! Explain that if you will...

If our market is so small, then please explain why Michael Bay has chosen to film a large part of Transformers 2 in Philadelphia. He chose the city over New York, Boston and DC....I guess its cause we are so small market wise huh?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7063

Philly.com has posted a bit more on the upcoming Transformers 2 filming:

Neat twist surrounding the action movie Transformers 2, whose production will be based in Philly for the better part of June. I hear that director Michael Bay and crew also will shoot in Bethlehem, Pa., which will double as a city in the Far East. (A twist in the notion of sending American jobs overseas.)

If our market is so small, then please explain why Michael Bay has chosen to film a large part of Transformers 2 in Philadelphia. He chose the city over New York, Boston and DC....I guess its cause we are so small market wise huh?

I'm pretty sure it has to do with keeping production costs down...shooting in Philly is probably much cheaper than shooting in places like New York, Los Angeles or D.C....

Plus, you can disguise Philly as another city a lot easier than you can disquise New York or D.C. ("Hey, when did the Washington Monument get moved to Chicago?!").

It has nothing whatsoever to do with market size lol :laugh:...

I'm pretty sure it has to do with keeping production costs down...shooting in Philly is probably much cheaper than shooting in places like New York, Los Angeles or D.C....

Plus, you can disguise Philly as another city a lot easier than you can disquise New York or D.C. ("Hey, when did the Washington Monument get moved to Chicago?!").

It has nothing whatsoever to do with market size lol :laugh:...

Awwww.....no....I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Naval Base (rumors of an Aircraft carrier Decepticon), the Franklin Mint (rumors of the Dinobots) and the fact that the city is a large market that in the last few months has been seeing a boom in the film industry with regards to filming here. Besides, cities normally gets disguised to be a fictional city such as New York (Metropolis) Chicago (Gotham City) etc.

Awwww.....no....I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Naval Base (rumors of an Aircraft carrier Decepticon), the Franklin Mint (rumors of the Dinobots) and the fact that the city is a large market that in the last few months has been seeing a boom in the film industry with regards to filming here. Besides, cities normally gets disguised to be a fictional city such as New York (Metropolis) Chicago (Gotham City) etc.

If you think market size trumps production costs, you're delusional lol :laugh:...market size plays absolutely NO role in movie profits, which is what dictates where a movie is shot, how it's shot, etc.

And you basically made all my points, if you didn't realize it...if there's been a "boom in the film industry" in regards to filming in Philly, it's 1,000,000 percent due to the lower costs of doing so, along with your local and state governments wooing production crews to film there (doing so brings income into the area, yanno). It's not due to looking at Neilsen ratings lol....

and yes, cities DO get disguised as New York, D.C, etc...which was exactly what I was saying before. One of the advantages of shooting in a place like Philly is that you can disquise quite a bit of it as other cities...you can't do that nearly as easily in New York or D.C.. The architecture alone can prevent that. And again, it has absolutely nothing to do with the market size of Philadelphia.

Your chain of logic that says Transformers 2 being filmed in Philly somehow is an indication of the great market size there is missing quite a few links.

What the hell?

Gotham City is a fictional place? But there was a song and a music video and everything!@!!!#!JIOPJ#!PJI#!#J!P#J!PO#Jpij

I feel like its like this every freakin year! Dallas gets so many prime time games. What gives? It must be that Jerry is actually under the podium again at this years draft... notice how you never see him around during it?

TR1... I need your assistance in turning this into a negative for Dallas. If anyone can spin it that way... its you. Please help me feel better about this.

Actually, they have 6 Prime Time games.

As for Jerry and the draft, no he's not in New York for it, and neither is Snyder. Jerry has a war room.

Plain and simple - when everyone is watching Homo CHOKES! Remember the game against the Bills? I mean yeah they pulled it off but what 5 interceptions - it was great. And hey why not give them 5 times for us Washington fans to watch them fail with the spotlight on them

There's a reason for those 5 INTs. Are you aware that a few days before that game, Romo sits to pee had found out that his father was diagnosed with prostate cancer? That's a serious thing. The prognosis for prostate cancer isn't the best.

So maybe, just maybe... that might have been weighing in on Romo sits to pee's mind during that game.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know this.

And for the record, there are naval bases all over the place, not just in Philadelphia lol...and the interior of the Franklin Mint can be reproduced on a sound stage (happens far more times than not). They can shoot the exteriors in Philly if they need them, but aren't restricted to being IN Philly to film the interiors. You think every shot of the Oval Office in movies was actually done IN the White House?

Simply put, Transformers 2 was shot in Philly either because the story line is set in Philly and the director wanted to shoot there because of it, or because the costs of doing so were affordable and the executive producers signed off on it after getting the financial analysis of the costs of doing so.

The Franklin Mint, naval bases and Philly's market share didn't dictate anything.

It will keep happening every year. NFL seems to be buying into the "America's Team" crap. It is odd though, because the Skins are the leaders in profit every year (until now because of Dallas' new stadium) and are the leaders 8 years in a row now in attendance, home and away.

That's interesting, because when it comes to merchandising sales of team paraphenila, the Redskins are not even in the top 10.

Ok to those pointing out the fact of Homo's dad cancer issue - explain the choke against the Seahawks?

Well you seem to be a bit slow, but that's been explained. The ball was greased/slicked up. The first Sunday Night Game last year, when the Cowboys played the Giants in Dallas, they talked about the game in Seattle, and they put up side pics of Romo sits to pee taking the snap from the Seattle game and a snap in another game. They circled and pointed out the sheen on the ball in the Seattle game, since then the NFL has assigned neutral persons not affiliated with the home team to be in charge of the K-ball. Before that, the home team handled them.

Now, I don't see how a botched snap as a place holder constitutes as a choke. He didn't choke as a QB. Place holder and QB are not the same.

And why is it when the Cowboys lose, you call it as Romo sits to pee chocking, but when the Redskins' lose, it's everyone not named Campbell's fault?

Campbell is 7-13. Clearly there was some choking going on to earn that record.

That's interesting, because when it comes to merchandising sales of team paraphenila, the Redskins are not even in the top 10.

Ahem...

2007: NFL Merchandise Sales

Which NFL clubs have sold the most jerseys and team merchandise this season?

The Patriots rank second when looking at sales on NFLshop.com from April 1-Dec. 31.

The top 10:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New England Patriots

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Chicago Bears

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Indianapolis Colts

7. Washington Redskins

8. New York Giants

9. Philadelphia Eagles

10. San Diego Chargers

Also found this:

"The league just passed along numbers from NFLshop.com's sales for the period from April 1 through the end of 2007, and America's team proved again to be just that. Here's the team rankings and, if you follow the jump, you'll get the jersey sale numbers and a few quick facts that we got.

TOP 10 SELLING NFL TEAMS MERCHANDISE

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New England Patriots

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Chicago Bears

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Indianapolis Colts

7. Washington Redskins

8. New York Giants

9. Philadelphia Eagles

10. San Diego Chargers

These figures are passed along by the league. Where did you get your info from?

Ahem...

2007: NFL Merchandise Sales

Which NFL clubs have sold the most jerseys and team merchandise this season?

The Patriots rank second when looking at sales on NFLshop.com from April 1-Dec. 31.

The top 10:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New England Patriots

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Chicago Bears

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Indianapolis Colts

7. Washington Redskins

8. New York Giants

9. Philadelphia Eagles

10. San Diego Chargers

Also found this:

"The league just passed along numbers from NFLshop.com's sales for the period from April 1 through the end of 2007, and America's team proved again to be just that. Here's the team rankings and, if you follow the jump, you'll get the jersey sale numbers and a few quick facts that we got.

TOP 10 SELLING NFL TEAMS MERCHANDISE

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New England Patriots

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Chicago Bears

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Indianapolis Colts

7. Washington Redskins

8. New York Giants

9. Philadelphia Eagles

10. San Diego Chargers

These figures are passed along by the league. Where did you get your info from?

Provide a link?

Seems to be buying into it? Do you really think the NFL just watches ESPN and flippantly decides who plays on Monday Night? Get real. The Cowboys get the games because that's how the league, according to cold-hard research, makes the most money. If the Skins (or Eagles) made the league the most money, they'd get the most games.

attendance has nothing to do with prime time audiences. Everyone is filling those seats anyway, this is about viewership.

So because the ratings are high for the Cowboys, that automatically means they'll garner the highest ratings? Sorry, but it seems to me the team that leads in attendance (home and away) 8 years running would also garner the highest viewership. It's kind of hard to see if other teams can bring in higher ratings when the bulk of primetime games goes to one team.

Why is the NFL stressing parity if they're only going to put the majority of the focus of primetime games on one team? Don't you think it would make more sense to evenly distribute it among the top teams? It may make sense to focus on Dallas because they have a lot of bandwagon teams, but spreading the distribution out better might also lead to good profits. You don't know until you try.

Plain and simple - when everyone is watching Homo CHOKES! Remember the game against the Bills? I mean yeah they pulled it off but what 5 interceptions - it was great. And hey why not give them 5 times for us Washington fans to watch them fail with the spotlight on them

haha,good point....the pressures on tony!!!

well I guess now all he can do is come up with more excuses for Tony Romo sits to pee.

Hey, I know why he choked in the home playoff game against the Giants. The temperature was lower than the average, which affects throwing motion, and leads to a lesser performance. Yeah, that's it.

Archived