Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF!!! Dall-ASS has 5 prime time games!!!

Passizle

I feel like its like this every freakin year! Dallas gets so many prime time games. What gives? It must be that Jerry is actually under the podium again at this years draft... notice how you never see him around during it?

TR1... I need your assistance in turning this into a negative for Dallas. If anyone can spin it that way... its you. Please help me feel better about this.

Plain and simple - when everyone is watching Homo CHOKES! Remember the game against the Bills? I mean yeah they pulled it off but what 5 interceptions - it was great. And hey why not give them 5 times for us Washington fans to watch them fail with the spotlight on them

I'll be Captain Obvious here and state that the NFL is a business, and if they feel that the Pukes will draw a lot of ratings, then that's the route they'll go.

It's nothing personal, just business.

But if I had to turn it into a negative, I'd say that prime time is when Jessica might be more apt to show up. She'll get a moment in the spotlight in order to salvage her worthless career.

Plain and simple - when everyone is watching Homo CHOKES! Remember the game against the Bills? I mean yeah they pulled it off but what 5 interceptions - it was great. And hey why not give them 5 times for us Washington fans to watch them fail with the spotlight on them

I guess you missed the news when it came out a few weeks later that Romo sits to pee's father was diagnosed with cancer on Mon or Tue of that week. Romo sits to pee had to prepare and play that game not knowing the severity of his father's illness. It wasn't until around Wed of the following week that doctors told the family they felt his cancer was treatable and that he should be okay. I know this didn't get alot of play and may not be common knowledge but I believe its safe to say this probably had an impact on the way Romo sits to pee played in that game.

It will keep happening every year. NFL seems to be buying into the "America's Team" crap. It is odd though, because the Skins are the leaders in profit every year (until now because of Dallas' new stadium) and are the leaders 8 years in a row now in attendance, home and away.

It will keep happening every year. NFL seems to be buying into the "America's Team" crap. It is odd though, because the Skins are the leaders in profit every year (until now because of Dallas' new stadium) and are the leaders 8 years in a row now in attendance, home and away.

Seems to be buying into it? Do you really think the NFL just watches ESPN and flippantly decides who plays on Monday Night? Get real. The Cowboys get the games because that's how the league, according to cold-hard research, makes the most money. If the Skins (or Eagles) made the league the most money, they'd get the most games.

attendance has nothing to do with prime time audiences. Everyone is filling those seats anyway, this is about viewership.

Ratings is the single biggest factor when negotiating the TV contracts.

Hate Dallas all you want but when they are on, people watch. If you think about it, people that hate Dallas but watch them hoping they will lose help them get the primetime games avery year.

Seems to be buying into it? Do you really think the NFL just watches ESPN and flippantly decides who plays on Monday Night? Get real. The Cowboys get the games because that's how the league, according to cold-hard research, makes the most money. If the Skins (or Eagles) made the league the most money, they'd get the most games.

attendance has nothing to do with prime time audiences. Everyone is filling those seats anyway, this is about viewership.

Then can you explain why The Iggles have five prime times as well?

I feel like its like this every freakin year! Dallas gets so many prime time games. What gives? It must be that Jerry is actually under the podium again at this years draft... notice how you never see him around during it?

TR1... I need your assistance in turning this into a negative for Dallas. If anyone can spin it that way... its you. Please help me feel better about this.

of course, Dallas is on 5 PT games. They are the most popular, the ratings when they play are always the highest, the have the best team in the NFC, star QB, national and international appeal.

A healthy McNabb, the top FA available, Pro Bowler Brian Westbrook, and the Philadelphia market.

When I first saw the line-up, my gut told me that the NFL knows something that we don't...especially having the Eagles play Dallas on MNF so early....the NFC East is back.....that's for sure, but I have a feeling that they are on tv so much this season because they will be very good this year.

Plus, you throw in the NE game from last season, which was on of the highest rated games of the season...they had to do it.

Because the Eagles also do well with ratings? It's a pretty elementary formula. The league is interested in making money. You, like many fans, are hypersensitive to a perceived slight against your team. That doesn't mean a bias actually exists.

What could be the possible justification of your claim? That the league is more interested in slighting the Redskins (for no known reason) than making money?

Please stop and think about that for a second.

Because the Eagles also do well with ratings? It's a pretty elementary formula. The league is interested in making money. You, like many fans, are hypersensitive to a perceived slight against your team. That doesn't mean a bias actually exists.

What could be the possible justification of your claim? That the league is more interested in slighting the Redskins (for no known reason) than making money?

I don't think the argument is about "slighting" the Redskins...I think it's about favoring the Cowboys.

I personally don't think they are this year, but last year? Definitely...

No. I dont feel slighted in the least. The Redskins have been mediocre for the past decade. I have no misgivings about that... but they have a HUGE market. Merchandise sales and attendance speak vilumes about that. So the games wont be that exciting, due to people preconceptions... but there is no way in hell the NFL has some secret formula as to which will draw and which wont.

But my beef is with how the games are scheduled. No one here actually knows the actual reasons they are scheduled that way. Some people say popularity... some people say ratings... some say something else...

My point is, it would be nice to see parity in the schedules. Some form of non-biasness (is that a word?).

And as to the comments of the eagles having a large market and/or draw ratings... Are you freaking kidding me? Eagles?(BTW, the only reason for the draw last year was the fact they had a chance to win... and on top of that, the ratings were down until the news spread about how the game was going. It was not even televised in my area at first... until AFTER the game started getting good.)

The Giants have a much bigger market and draw a lot more viewers yet they have 3 prime time games. They won the freakin superbowl!!! Explain that if you will...

Archived