Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Satelite TV

GoCommiesGo

Does anyone here have any experience with Dish Network or Direct TV? I'm looking at switching from Comcast to satellite television.

I'm sick of the customer service and I'm sick of them jacking with my bill. It went up from $95.00 to $140.00 for the exact same service. I called and asked what happened and all I got was a load of ****.

So to make a long story short, whats the good the bad and the ugly of satellite TV and which provider do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance.

I've got DirecTV. I've got no issues. It goes out periodically during intense storms.I've had Dtv for four years, but the longest I've had no picture is 5 minutes.

My bill is about $53/mo. $59 when I pay for DVR service during football season.

DirecTV is awesome. I know people have their issues but going from Comcast to Dish Network to DirecTV there really hasn't been a comparison. Dish was good too but DirecTV has more channels for lower prices it seems and they are BY FAR the best when it comes to sports and HD . . . Fios is catching up quickly though.

All you gotta do is ***** to customer service and say you're switching to satellite and they will lower the bill.

Works every time for me :)

same here. i got a extra box with movie channels and sports package and lowered the bill by $7 per month :laugh:

All you gotta do is ***** to customer service and say you're switching to satellite and they will lower the bill.

Works every time for me :)

A company that cares about their customers wouldn't make you play this game on an annual basis.

I've had both DirecTV and Dish Network. I prefer DirecTV because of the Sunday NFL Ticket...

...but if it's good customer service you are looking for...I think they both suck. None of them have ever jacked my bill up, but I've always dreaded those times when I have needed the assistance of customer service. I usually end up wanting to bang my head against the wall while talking to them...

same here. i got a extra box with movie channels and sports package and lowered the bill by $7 per month :laugh:

**** that.

I pay my bill on time and have had Comcast since I moved out of my parents house 7 years ago. If they had an interest in keeping me as a client then they wouldn't have treated me this way.

I will say you are not immune to price increases with Dtv. My bill just went up a few months ago...but it was only $3/mo.

I can deal with that. I'm not willing to take a 50% price increase to watch some ****ty reality tv. All I want is to watch my sports in HD and maybe some History and Discovery channel.

Directv has far more capacity than Dish network and that will be the case for the foreseeable future, which means more choices on Directv. Get the HD DVR if you go with Directv. You can get video on demand if you have broadband and can schedule recordings from a cell phone.

Directv has far more capacity than Dish network and that will be the case for the foreseeable future, which means more choices on Directv. Get the HD DVR if you go with Directv. You can get video on demand if you have broadband and can schedule recordings from a cell phone.

Really? Schedule recordings from a cell phone? That's just ridiculous. Looks like Direct TV is in my future.

Really? Schedule recordings from a cell phone? That's just ridiculous. Looks like Direct TV is in my future.

It's pretty useful. If you forget to record something, you an log on to directv and schedule it. I use my blackberry to do it all the time.

You are so screwed either way. Directv SUCKS!! If not for NFL ticket I would be rid of them for good!! However, Directv has the best of HD programming out of all of them. You just have to put up with faulty equipment, poor customer service and alot of being jerked around. If you can put up with that, DTV is great......yeah right!

I'm curious to hear how DirectTV's customer service is over the next year or two in the States. Down here they switched it to Sky and that was unfortunate.

In the States I had the Sunday Ticket and 6 boxes at one point. One price for the ticket and I got it on all six boxes. Down here they told me I had to pay per box. I said no, I would take it on just one box, please. They proceeded to charge me for it on both boxes, and when I asked for a refund they told me that wouldn't be possible. I did end up with my refund in the long run, but not without wasting a bunch of time and threatening legal action. :doh:

i wouldnt go with dish network even if they paid me to take their service. they are the most unprofessional people ever and i just called to get information. the guy flat out insulted me for saying that i was considering all my options with dish with directv and time warner.

Is it hard to switch from cable to directTV in an apartment? Not sure where the hookups would be (we have a porch) or how I could easily mount it... so I suppose I'll stay with cable... also cable Internet is awesome...

you have to be careful in an apartment. first off you need to make sure you have an unobstructed view of the southern sky. if you arent sure or have any questions they will make you pay for signing up and making an appointment for installation (directv did that to me for $200). also check with the front office of your apartment complex for the rules concerning mounting a satellite dish on your balcony. my apt complex said that i had to get a large bucket and fill it with concrete and stick a pole in it and have the dish mounted to that and that it couldnt be mounted to the railing or walls.

I have had Dish Network for 7 years now and it has been good to me. I haven't had any problems with customer service and I have only had to replace 2 splitter boxes in all that time. When I called for a service call to fix the splitter box, the Techs that came out to fix it were on time and were polite and professional.

I still have my original converter boxes and they have worked great from day 1.

Archived