Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to Iraq- don't want to miss Skins!

seantaylor=god

Hey everybody. I'm a sometime poster, but long time lurker on this site. I am an Army officer deploying to Iraq in the next few months and I want to be able to watch the games in Iraq. I have Direct TV and NFL Sunday ticket, so my wife can record the games on DVR. Is there a way to put it on DVDs? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Hail SKINS!

Most people will stream the games to PCs and your wife can burn them from there. I dont have a website in mind but I know I have seen them out there.

Thank you for your service though and God bless you while you are there and your family while you are away. You are a real hero to those of us back here.

there is standalone dvd player/recorders that hook up to your tv..

they do have timers on them.

my brother recorded all the skins games for me while I was in afghanistan, he didnt bother with the dvr, he would just leave his dtv on the right channel, set the thing to turn on and record on gameday and it would work fine.

First off thanks for you service. I am truely honored and proud to try and help you out. Have you ever heard of a slingbox? I am not sure how they exactly work, but I understand that you can purchase one, hook it up to you TV at home and then you can watch your local cable from any other TV around the world. I think you can purchase one at BestBuy. Let me know if you have any more questions, or if anyone else knows more about this go ahead and help.

As stated before there are several sites on the Internet that stream games live. Said streams can be recorded and snail mailed to you: either you can save the stream digitally or hook up your computer to a VCR and record that way. When a member of the family was there he had the opportunity to watch some games live but that was within the relative luxury of the Green Zone.

More importantly I also wanted to chime in and wish you the best. To a safe return!

Hey everybody. I'm a sometime poster, but long time lurker on this site. I am an Army officer deploying to Iraq in the next few months and I want to be able to watch the games in Iraq. I have Direct TV and NFL Sunday ticket, so my wife can record the games on DVR. Is there a way to put it on DVDs? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Hail SKINS!

If you have a dvd recorder you can use the dvr as the 'source' for you recording, use av cables and connect from the dvr(out) to the dvd recorder (in).

Good luck and God Bless,

I wish you and your soldiers the best.

(261st ASMB)

Archived