Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAPS season ends (thanks to the refs): Good season boys!

JimmyConway

The Caps had home ice and couldn't close the deal, with a lead. Shame on them. Or the refs. Don't blame the fans because of a call. I didn't make it.

Not blaming you for the call, just pointing out you'd be crying too... and rightfully so if the caps won b/c of a garbage call like that.

The Caps player hit Huey Duck.

With an "incidental contact" I.E you can't check a defender into the goaltender or else thats all hockey would be, guys being checked into the goaltender and knocking him down

Again, just admist you guys got a gift there (like the rest of your faithful) and move on and play the Habs hard. You won the series

Anyways, I have become a fan of Mike Richards. Wish he didn't have a 10 year deal with Philly

The future is VERY bright in Washington DC. Ovechkin-Semin-Backstrom-Green-Liach

This is going to be a fun next few years

I appreciate that you like Richards. I do too. AO is a bit too ..... ****y? .... for me, but I love Semin. And by the way, Green was OUT OF IT tonight.

Still dont get how someone could root for the skins and another philadelphia team at the same time. Defies all laws of sports.

I still don't get this. Just because the Skins & Eagles are rivals doesn't mean that Washington & Philly are rivals in all sports.

Hell, the Capitals & Flyers don't even play in the same division.

I've been through Capitals heartbreak. I've been there as we squandered series to the Flyers, Pens, Pens, Pens and so forth. I was there for the 5 OT loss.

This isn't heartbreak. This is the future. These guys will continue to make us proud.

Keep your heads up. We have the best nucleus of young players in the league.

We'll be back to make a lot more noise in the coming years.

Amen! It was a fun run, and surely we'll be doing more in the future...

I still don't get this. Just because the Skins & Eagles are rivals doesn't mean that Washington & Philly are rivals in all sports.

If the Caps and Flyers were in the same division, the Caps don't even make the paloofs this year.

that doesn't mean that philly and caps dont have a history. Its two hated towns when it comes to all sports.

Please, please, please don't blame this series on the refs. The second goal was BS and we all know it - but there were enough bad goals all series to go around.

Let's all just say great series and realize that 18 of our 20 goals were scored by guys 24 or younger - most of who were in their first playoffs. We are the future of the NHL and we just got game 7 OT experience. Philly WILL NOT want to play us in the postseason next year.

Great series Philly - good luck in the future... though I don't see you beating Montreal.

Ps. can we now PLEASE take the A off of Poti and give it to Laich or Federov?

Yes it does and yes they once did. Caps and Flyers used to be most hated rivals. Something to do with Philadelphia being the worst city in America.

The history between the Caps and Flyers is a bitter one. Dale Hunter? Ron Hextall? Back in the day this was a bitter rivalry. I still hate the Flyers because I grew up hating them.

The NHL later realigned, but as far as I'm concerned, the bad blood remains. Just ask anyone who has followed the Caps for any length of time.

The Caps should be very good next year. I hope they're more defensive-minded next year so they can avoid so many easy goals against like this series had.

I was really looking forward to Caps/Pens.

Na, I love the way the Caps play. Fast skating, pressure offense, high flying, the way hockey should be played

Get a good stay at home D-man and this team can do some good things

The history between the Caps and Flyers is a bitter one. Dale Hunter? Ron Hextall? Back in the day this was a bitter rivalry. I still hate the Flyers because I grew up hating them.

The NHL later realigned, but as far as I'm concerned, the bad blood remains. Just ask anyone who has followed the Caps for any length of time.

I'll admit I don't know all my Cap history. And I can appreciate growing up hating the Flyers. A lot of people do.....

Do you think the 2nd goal was somehow interference? I only saw highlights of it, but it seemed to me that it was a Caps player who was pushed into Huet.

Yea that is what we have been arguing. Horrible missed call.

Regardless, it was a great series. The guys showed a ton of heart after being down 3-1 and coming back in Philly last night. Growing pains and this team of young guns will learn from it

Backstrom-Semin-Green-AO. These guys are gonna be stars for a decade for us

Yes the old Patrick Division, was it?

Caps

Flyers

Rangers

Penguins

Devils

Islanders

That's what I remembered. Yes I hate all of those other team (except the Islanders because they were never really any good).

Archived