Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Monk's Pro Day

BALLz

I know a lot of people have liked the idea of drafting this guy on the second day of the draft, whether it be for his skills or his name. Some even hope to draft him in the 6th or 7th round. Well, you can scratch the idea of spending a late second day pick on him after his pro day.

Marcus Monk Pro Day

Statistics were not released at the workout, but NFL.com reported Monk with better-than expected numbers. He ran two 40-yard dash attempts in 4.43 and 4.41 seconds, plus a 36-inch vertical jump and 10-foot, 2-inch long jump...............

.................Beyond just putting up impressive numbers, Monk, 6-5, 215, looked sharp in agility drills and when running routes. Monk looked sharp when making his cuts. He had limited mobility and agility late in the season while attempting to come back from the injury he suffered in two-a-days.

EDIT: For another article on Monk's Pro Day Click Here. (provided by Digger)

Good for him, he was a stud his Jr. season in a running offense.

If we had a fourth it would be perfect, Guess we have to hope and pray he's there in the 5th cause I would be a little surprised if we picked him in the third. Jordy Nelson fits the profile of production + measurables a little better for the 3rd.

It looks like Monk has meet out LaRon

1589583424_7b1c64b9fd.jpg?v=0

Louisiana State free safety LaRon Landry breaks up a pass intended for Arkansas' Marcus Monk during college football action in Baton Rouge, La., in this Nov. 25, 2005 file photo. Landry was selected sixth overall by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the NFL Draft on Saturday, April 28, 2007 in New York. (AP Photo/Patrick Dennis)

I would still take Sweed or Mario first simply because a KNEE is something you just never know about. Kelly is good too but, again, KNEEs.. Beleive me, I have had 3 ACL repairs and you just never know, some days will ache, some days will burn, some will be fine.. I would not EVER spend 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick on any player that has had KNEE problems. I know that some players can play through it but I also know that their longevity is questionable.

It looks like Monk has meet out LaRon

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2037/1589583424_7b1c64b9fd.jpg?v=0

Louisiana State free safety LaRon Landry breaks up a pass intended for Arkansas' Marcus Monk during college football action in Baton Rouge, La., in this Nov. 25, 2005 file photo. Landry was selected sixth overall by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the NFL Draft on Saturday, April 28, 2007 in New York. (AP Photo/Patrick Dennis)

LOL, I'm sure a lot of SEC receivers have met Landry. Probably didn't enjoy the experience to much either.

His numbers are not that impressive when you consider he ran indoors on a track. How many football games are played on that type of surface. At the RCA dome on FieldTurf (which most stadiums have) he ran a 4.59. I think his numbers from the combine are more reliable results due to the fact they were performed on a playing surface.

wowowo -- a 2nd round pick???

Ok I get it...he's "tall" and his name is Monk, so we simply must have him and allow him to become an NFL superstar as a Redskin.

I'll say MAYBE look at him with our comp at the end of the 3rd. But really I think he warrants a 5th rounder if you consider his history and college production.

He's not among the top 20 wide receivers in the draft, I don't care what the stopwatch says.

I have liked Monk for a while now. The knee problems are a concern, though. Also, I am wary of a player whose stock jumps 3-4 rounds just because of his pro day. If he was projected in the 5th round (as I recall reading) and now he's being talked about as an early first day pick, that has "BUST" written all over it.

His numbers are not that impressive when you consider he ran indoors on a track. How many football games are played on that type of surface. At the RCA dome on FieldTurf (which most stadiums have) he ran a 4.59. I think his numbers from the combine are more reliable results due to the fact they were performed on a playing surface.

True, but when a receiver is a legit 6'5", he can usually afford to be a tenth or two slower. . .

I'm beginning to warm to Early Doucet ... he may not be big, big ... but he is big enough.

Yeah but Doucet's pro day is today and he didn't participate at the combine. If he puts up good numbers he'll be an early 2nd rounder.

True, but when a receiver is a legit 6'5", he can usually afford to be a tenth or two slower. . .

Anthony Mix fits that mold pretty well and he ran a 4.48 at the combine on fieldturf.

Combine Results

Combine Invite: Yes

Height: 6042

Weight: 235

40 Yrd Dash: 4.48

20 Yrd Dash: 2.71

10 Yrd Dash: 1.64 225 Lb. Bench Reps:

Vertical Jump: 31 1/2

Broad Jump: 09'03"

20 Yrd Shuttle:

3-Cone Drill:

from http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=17012

Sweed in round 1, Calais in round 2, Monk in round 3.

I like Sweed but I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on him his contract will be up by the time he grasps the West coast offense. and Calais is not making it to our pick in the secon round. Unless you are talking about our Comp pick that would be a huge risk on Monk. I wouldn't be upset if we used it but its still a reach.

Archived