Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Response to caller 'a serious mistake,' says Planned Parenthood of Idaho (merged)

Zguy28

I knew I didn't want to know the answer, but thanks for providing it anyway, P.

I'm going to leave this one alone. I don't think I have an opinion about this that I can share without risking a permanent ES vacation. :doh:

If it is any comfort (and I'm sure it isn't) - I'm pretty sure that none of those government grants were for performing abortions.

I suspect that the real reason for the higher abortion rate among blacks has to do with economics and the social problems that currently plague the black family, the same things that lead to over half of black children being born out of wedlock (a much higher percentage than any other ethnic group).

Perhaps,but the rates I see for Hispanics and other minorities is not near the black rate which would seem to rule out economics.

Do you feel it is the social problems/culture to blame?

Perhaps,but the rates I see for Hispanics and other minorities is not near the black rate which would seem to rule out economics.

Do you feel it is the social problems/culture to blame?

I don't think you can entirely rule out economics.

I would attribute the lower Hispanic rate in part to Catholicism, and imagine that if Hispanics were, say, Hindu, the rate would be closer to the black rate. The lack of marriages in the black community has to be a huge factor too. But I still think economics plays a part - blacks are the poorest people in America.

I asked for a government grant to make girls pregnant. Hoping to hear something soon. I signed "Right to Life Supporter" under my name on the application.

Dammit. That explains my failure in this area. I've been relying on the Free Market, but it ain't as free as it should be. :mad:

Do you have to be racist to commit genocide?...or is the results that determine it?

For the record I do not think they specifically target blacks,it just works out that way. :(

Hispanics are predominantly Catholic, and therefore opposed to abortion.

We need to compare with another relatively poor minority that does not follow the pope ... anybody have stats for Native American abortions?

Hispanics are predominantly Catholic, and therefore opposed to abortion.

We need to compare with another relatively poor minority that does not follow the pope ... anybody have stats for Native American abortions?

They are grouped in" other"

(2000)

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5212a1.htm

The abortion ratio for black women (503 per 1,000 live births) was 3.0 times the ratio for white women (167 per 1,000 live births). Additionally, the abortion ratio for women of other races (329 per 1,000 live births) was 2.0 times the ratio for white women. The abortion rate for black women (30 per 1,000 women) was 3.1 times the rate for white women (10 per 1,000 women), whereas the abortion rate for women of other races (22 per 1,000 women) was 2.2 times the rate for white women.

Twenty-nine states, the District of Columbia, and New York City reported adequate data** concerning the ethnicity of women who obtained legal induced abortions (Table 10). The percentage of abortions known to have been obtained by Hispanic women in these reporting areas was 17% overall and ranged from <0.1% in Kentucky to 46% in New Mexico. For Hispanic women in these reporting areas, the abortion ratio was 225 per 1,000 live births. The abortion rate for Hispanic women was 16 abortions per 1,000 women.

Link to table

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5212a1.htm#tab9

Archived