Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our entire offensive line is OLD,(merged)

Skins4ever1

Just like Stephon Heyer took a whole year to develop?? Wait......

Right..............he'ss still developing and has a way to go. His run blocking was not very good and he needed alot of help against good pass rushers. But he played well for a undrafted rookie. But the chances of that happing in are really ****ing rare. 99% of the time you have to throw a undrafted rookie in there, he gets completly distoryed and your QB gets wiped out in the 2nd game because he is out of his league and cant block anyone.

So, le's take care of the lines, (both lines) and worry about a WR in like the 4th round.

i'm sure you'll get crap for starting a repetitive thread, but I do agree.

I think if DE Phillip Merling or Derrick Harvey are not available at the 21st pick, then we should draft that guard Brandon Albert out of UVA. I think I'm joining his bandwagon now.

We need interior linemen, and that is not a position that you pick in the first round unless there is a transcendent player available.

you mean like the Iggles at #16? andrews was considered good but not transcendent. and are you serious? transcendent (whatever that means) at #21? also, what isn the implication of this thought..that it's ok to draft "non-transcendent"/lesser talent at other positions?

hopefully...the Skins will go with BPA regardless of position.

We need o-line badly. Where you draft em' matters little as long as the new guys will improve an average at best line.

We got used and abused in that playoff loss to Seattle, and when you look at the D-lines in the NFC East we could be punished badly for ignoring this important area.

Wrs are nice, but if Jason is always running for his life or flat on his back......

O-Line definately needs help, but the differences between linemen isnt enough to use a 1st round pick.

A linemen picked in the first round and a linemen picked in the 5th round are not THAT much different. I think we should get linemen in later rounds personally.

I do think that if we have injury problems again at OLine this season, the offense will struggle. However, im not completely convinced it will happen. I think DE is a more immediate need(in other words, we need a starter ready to play next season) if health werent a concern. With health at the OLine being a concern, I do think we need to go out and get depth, but I think we can get some stopgap help, and in the interim get some later round OLine picks to try and develop into future starters.

Health of the OLine will be a big deal. We cannot beat around the bush at DLine however. If we do not get a top DE prospect in this draft, we risk going into 2009 with no solution at that left DE spot. The OLine having injury concerns yet again is less certain(and can be more easily solved with a stop-gap solution with two backups). Unfortunately there are only so many issues you can try and solve in one offseason, so you have to pick and choose. I think the best move we could make is fire the training staff(I cant remember whether that was done or not).

Check my sig. Welcome to the choir!!!!! :applause: :cheers:

I agree with th OP and your sig Deadman, however if he's not available at 21 you have to go with Cromartie (see sig as well ;))...or straight up the best football player left on the board. To be honest, I would be happy if 1/2 of the Skins picks were on O-Linemen. I think the skins are an above average team that needs to gel.

I like our RB, QB, WR, DL, TE, K, P, LB situation right now. Our glaring needs our (1) O-Line and (2) Secondary with the likely absence (and maybe never return to good playing) Rogers and of course ST (RIP).

Don't get me wrong, a Boldin, Johnson, or the like is ALWAYS a great addition, but you guys are acting like Moss, Randal El, Caldwell, McCardell, Thrash, and potentially Mix and Espy can't ball. That's not a bad WR corp at all, especially with a Pro-bowl TE threat in Cooley.

Solid O-Lines make playmakers plays.

i was hoping that we could get some cheaper fa to fill holes and use our draft to replenish th oline. and undue years of neglect and do a 1981 or 80 type draft and set this team on firm ground again. this line is not dependable as far as health goes. and we have been rolling the dice on this line for far too long. saw buges on nfl network at the uva pro day.watchin albert i hope.

Archived