Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KC Joyner on Skins and Hackett

AJWatson3

I asked, he answered:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19692

"Alan (Richmond, VA): How much would WAS signing DJ Hackett and moving Randal-El to the slot help their WR corps and their offense?

KC Joyner: (4:26 PM ET ) Alan, pairing Hackett with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley would give Washington legitimate short, medium and deep threats for the first time in a long time. I know they aren't going to do much in FA this year but this would be a no-brainer move to make."

I asked, he answered:

"Alan (Richmond, VA): How much would WAS signing DJ Hackett and moving Randal-El to the slot help their WR corps and their offense?

KC Joyner: (4:26 PM ET ) Alan, pairing Hackett with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley would give Washington legitimate short, medium and deep threats for the first time in a long time. I know they aren't going to do much in FA this year but this would be a no-brainer move to make."

Right up until about the 2nd week of training camp once he gets hurt again. Nto a good move.

Right up until about the 2nd week of training camp once he gets hurt again. Nto a good move.

Yes, theoretically this seems like a no-brainer, but practically you simply can't ignore the injury concerns that Hackett has. He should be signed for a very modest deal if we get him, and I'd hope they price in the fact that he will probably not play in at least 4 games per year, looking at his past activity.

That question was followed up with another question about a guy many around here have expressed an interest in:

"Eric (Long Island, NY): following up on saying hackett to washington would be a no-brainer..wouldnt it be a no-brainer for the bills to add Bryant Johnson, it seems he would come at a reasonable price?

KC Joyner: (4:31 PM ET ) I wouldn't go so far as to call Johnson a no-brainer. He isn't the consistent receiving threat that Hackett is and tends to vary between good and bad games. Johnson is also more of a vertical threat and with Lee Evans already in the fold, Buffalo doesn't have a big need for another bomb target. They need a short/medium threat and that really isn't Johnson's specialty."

I asked, he answered:

What's up Mr. A? Always great to see you in here. Hard at work on your mock draft, I hope...

I don't see how Hackett helps anyone sitting on the bench injured, but I suppose there's an outside chance his health could blossom here.

What's up Mr. A? Always great to see you in here. Hard at work on your mock draft, I hope...

I don't see how Hackett helps anyone sitting on the bench injured, but I suppose there's an outside chance his health could blossom here.

you never know though, if we are able to match what others offer, (just above vet min + incentives) ... and he has the chance top start at the #1 slot (not in #1 in ability) ... that would be pretty tempting to pass up.

We'll all see if he is willing to bet on himself staying healthy. If he takes the longer deal worth less, than he obviously doesn't have as much faith in his ability to stay healthy.

But if he were to take a chance on a one year low cost deal with a team like us, he may have the best opportunity at playing time, and essentially can set himself up even more financially in the future.

I do like the FO being straight up with the fans and the media, no more of this "secrecy" behind every move and thought. Just say it like you mean it and no one will confuse your intentions. We put our cards on the table, no more using the skins as leverage for FA's to get more money somewhere else.

Now both of you, get back to work! :D

Acquiring Boldin means giving up a part of our future in terms of high picks, whereas signing Hackett has a limited downsize. The team can still go into the draft and select a WR to groom in the new system and become a significant contributor down the road.

I like that idea because we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket.

This club is not close enough to a Super Bowl to warrant taking the risk of trading high picks and giving a max contract to one player.

The truth is the Redskins are far more than ONE player away from being on top of the heap.

I'm not sold on Hackett being as highly coveted as he is right now. The man did sit out an entire season practically with an ankle sprain. seems like durability, toughness and the ability to recover should be questioned as much as his talent.

Fans might be, but football teams aren't coveting Hackett. The fact that he's still a free agent should tell you that.

I'm not sold on Hackett being as highly coveted as he is right now. The man did sit out an entire season practically with an ankle sprain. seems like durability, toughness and the ability to recover should be questioned as much as his talent.

The Washington Times reported that he sat out due to two ankle sprains. In fact, I read he sat out over 30 games in just four NFL seasons. His proness to injuries is even worse than I thought it was.

The Washington Times reported that he sat out due to two ankle sprains. In fact, I read he sat out over 30 games in just four NFL seasons. His proness to injuries is even worse than I thought it was.

he re- aggravated the original high ankle sprain, just as thrash did last year after he missed time and came back. he had a sports hernia his first year, but as a 5th rounder, he wasnt expected to play much that year. the hawks brought in jurevicious his second year and he caught 10 TD's. the next year they brought in branch and burleson (40 and 50 million dollar contracts), not to mention they have had engram and darrel jackson there forever, so he wasnt going to play much. not every game he hasnt started is due to injury, but it is a concern anyhow.

Archived