Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US troops rape and kill14 year old girl

Slateman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgySF2yh82A

I care A LOT more about this then I do about some stupid dog . . .

You are suprised? This has been going on forever, I am not condoning it nor am I trying to downplay it, but this is nothing shocking and I can't believe that there was nothing reported like this until now.

BTW, I think they should rot in hell.

You are suprised? This has been going on forever, I am not condoning it nor am I trying to downplay it, but this is nothing shocking and I can't believe that there was nothing reported like this until now.

BTW, I think they should rot in hell.

You have proof of this? Because I would think stuff like this would get reported a lot more than it is.

You have proof of this? Because I would think stuff like this would get reported a lot more than it is.

Yes I do, a movie called Casualties of War, which is based on a true story. Like I said I'm not condoning it, nor am I saying EVERY soldier is guilty of it, just that it has happened before and will happen again...There are sick people out there, and it just so happens some of them are in the employ of our own military.

Here's the Wikipedia link of said movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_war

They are sick people, and deserve to be punished, but to think this never happens is naive.

Yes I do, a movie called Casualties of War, which is based on a true story. Like I said I'm not condoning it, nor am I saying EVERY soldier is guilty of it, just that it has happened before and will happen again...There are sick people out there, and it just so happens some of them are in the employ of our own military.

Here's the Wikipedia link of said movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_war

They are sick people, and deserve to be punished, but to think this never happens is naive.

You are basing your opinion on a movie? The wiki page that you posted even said that it was based on one article. We all know that that the media always reports the truth. :doh:

For you to act like this happens all of the time is just ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgySF2yh82A

I care A LOT more about this then I do about some stupid dog . . .

Hey brother, You should probably change the title of your thread. This movie is nothing new. As a matter of fact, I believe that we have already discussed this back in 2006. For those that dont know, Brian DiPalma is putting out a new movie based on the acts of 5 soldiers. The footage is taken off of You Tube and put onto the big screen. If you read the following article, you will see that " his goal is to get the public incensed enough to motivate their Congressmen to vote against this war".

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190988&highlight=soldiers+raping+killing

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176025&highlight=soldiers+raping+killing

Oops.. Already debated this...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222003&highlight=soldiers+raping+killing

and the article...

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSL3190384420070831?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Inspired by one of the most serious crimes committed by American soldiers in Iraq since the 2003 invasion, it is a harrowing indictment of the conflict and spares the audience no brutality to get its message across.

De Palma, 66, whose "Casualties of War" in 1989 told a similar tale of abuse by American soldiers in Vietnam, makes no secret of the goal he is hoping to achieve with the film's images, all based on real material he found on the Internet.

"The movie is an attempt to bring the reality of what is happening in Iraq to the American people," he told reporters after a press screening.

"The pictures are what will stop the war. One only hopes that these images will get the public incensed enough to motivate their Congressmen to vote against this war," he said. [/Quote]

So I was forced to fictionalize things that were actually real."[/Quote]

If this guy wants to bing the reality of the war to the people, then why doesnt he bring his ass over here and document it himself. I am tired of people who havent been here themselves, telling the American people "how it is" in order to support thier agenda.

I would think the amount of rapes that are reported: especially with the reporters that were present and are present is AMAZINGLY low.

Take 1/2 the people of DC and put them in a foreign country for 4 years.

In D.C.

2001: 181

2002: 262

2003: 274

2004: 222

reported by the 180k+ people that come from all parts of the country and are no different than me and you: 1..

The Congo was rampant and apparently nothing was done. these 5 had better be destroyed or it will grow.

You can have 1 of anything happen. More if that one isn't punished.

The agenda here sickens me. Yeah some scumbags who happened to be wearing a US uniform committed a disgusting act. But unless you have PROOF, it's a disgusting to suggest it's a common occurrence in the US military. You want to talk about rape?

http://iraqshoahfiles.blogspot.com/2004/07/rape-and-mutilation.html

His (Saddam's) son Udy used to have a tool similar to the one used for stamping the animals with a preheated iron stamp for identification.

One day he abducted a young woman from Baghdad and she refused to give herself to his dirt in bed. He then raped her and instructed his body guards to stamp her private parts with a pre-heated piece of iron with a word which mean (prostitute or whore)! After this you may not be able to imagine the pain and psychological suffering that she is going to carry for life. If the stamped area may be repaired by plastic surgery the psychological will not.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/09/brian_de_palmas_and_rape_in_ir.html

A Harvard study on practices against women during Saddam's rule reported:

"The Iraqi Government uses rape and sexual assault of women to achieve the following goals: to extract information and forced confessions from detained family members; to intimidate Iraqi oppositionists by sending videotapes showing the rape of female family members; and to blackmail Iraqi men into future cooperation with the regime. Some Iraqi authorities even carry personnel cards identifying their official "activity" as the "violation of women's honor."

Amnesty International and other organizations also reported the following violence against women:

"Under the pretext of fighting prostitution, units of ‘Fedayeen Saddam,' the paramilitary organization led by Uday Hussein, Saddam's eldest son, have beheaded in public more than 200 women throughout the country, dumping their severed heads at their families' doorsteps. Many families have been required to display the victim's head on their outside fences for several days. These barbaric acts were carried out in the total absence of any proper judicial procedures and many of the victims were not engaged in prostitution, but were targeted for political reasons. For example, Najat Mohammad Haydar, an obstetrician in Baghdad, was beheaded after criticizing the corruption within health services."

http://www.state.gov/g/wi/rls/18877.htm

In Iraq under Saddam, if you are a woman, you could face:

Beheading. Under the pretext of fighting prostitution, units of "Fedayeen Saddam," the paramilitary organization led by Uday Hussein, Saddam's eldest son, have beheaded in public more than 200 women throughout the country, dumping their severed heads at their families' doorsteps. Many families have been required to display the victim's head on their outside fences for several days. These barbaric acts were carried out in the total absence of any proper judicial procedures and many of the victims were not engaged in prostitution, but were targeted for political reasons. For example, Najat Mohammad Haydar, an obstetrician in Baghdad, was beheaded after criticizing the corruption within health services. (Amnesty International Report, Iraq: Systematic Torture of Political Prisoners, August 2001; Iraqi Women's League in Damascus, Syria)

Rape. The Iraqi Government uses rape and sexual assault of women to achieve the following goals: to extract information and forced confessions from detained family members; to intimidate Iraqi oppositionists by sending videotapes showing the rape of female family members; and to blackmail Iraqi men into future cooperation with the regime. Some Iraqi authorities even carry personnel cards identifying their official "activity" as the "violation of women's honor." (U.S. Department of State, Country Reports on Human Rights Practices-2001, March 2002; Iraq Research and Documentation Project, Harvard University)

Torture. The Iraqi Government routinely tortures and kills female dissidents and the female relatives of Iraqi oppositionists and defectors. Victims include Safiyah Hassan, the mother of two Iraqi defectors, who was killed after publicly criticizing the Iraqi Government for killing her sons after their return to Iraq. Women in Saddam's jails are subjected to the following forms of torture: brutal beatings, systematic rape, electrical shocks, and branding. (U.S. Department of State, Country Reports on Human Rights Practices-2001, March 2002; U.S. Department of State, Iraq: A Population Silenced, December 2002)

Murder. In 1990, Saddam Hussein introduced Article 111 into the Iraqi Penal Code in a calculated effort to strengthen tribal support for his regime. This law exempts men who kill their female relatives in defense of their family's honor from prosecution and punishment. The UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women reported that more than 4,000 women have been victims of so-called "honor killings" since Article 111 went into effect. (UN Commission on Human Rights, Report of the Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, January 2002)

http://www.iraqmemory.org/en/index.asp

Truth is a healing force. To recover from their wounds and to lay a foundation for present and future justice the people of Iraq must come to terms with the atrocities perpetrated under Saddam Hussein's brutal regime. Iraqis are now forging new identities in a very different society. The Iraq Memory Foundation has as its mission: to encourage and inform that development free from half-truths and distortions; to use the Iraq experience to advance knowledge throughout the world and, by so doing, to honor the victims and the survivors of this dark era in the country's history.

Yeah, it's horrible that we went over there, because those Iraqi women were MUCH better off before we showed up. :rolleyes:

And How about the UN?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52333-2005Mar20.html

Yvette's story is not uncommon. The United Nations is investigating 150 instances in which 50 peacekeeping troops or civilians in the Congo mission are suspected of having sexually abused or exploited women and girls, some as young as 12.

Often, the victims were vulnerable, poverty-stricken girls engaged in what Congolese call "obligation" or "survival" sex. In this war-shattered society, aid workers and counselors said, a breakdown of cultural norms, combined with extreme poverty, has driven hundreds of kidogo usharatis to the soldiers' doorsteps.

Similar charges have been made about U.N. missions in Sierra Leone and Liberia, as well as Kosovo and Bosnia in Europe.

If this guy wants to bing the reality of the war to the people, then why doesnt he bring his ass over here and document it himself. I am tired of people who havent been here themselves, telling the American people "how it is" in order to support thier agenda.

I can't even begin to imagine how pissed off this type of garbage must make you. To be fair, from both ends; the abuses committed by what amounts to a miniscule proportion of our soldiers being used in an attempt to color our forces as barbaric, by those who have no perspective but seek to inform others of the "reality" of the situation.

The sad thing about this is that it puts a negative light on the entire U.S. military. Whether it was the intent or not, it does. I'm not saying to brush something like this under the rug, but to jump on this like it's a common occurence when there is zero support for that is truly unfair and shows how little respect that one can have for our soldiers.

I suspect that a lot of the heat going back and forth, here, is over different interpretations of words.

Somebody says that he suspects that "things like this are common".

"Common" could mean "the typical soldier does something like this, or at least is exposed to somebody else doing it, on a weekly basis". Or it could mean "I bet something like this happens, somewhere in that country, once every few weeks".

To use an example: Would it be factual to say that rape is "common" in the US? I'd bet that one is going to happen today. In my state. OTOH, I've never seen one personally. And likely never will.

I don't think anyone (well, OK, I bet there's some activist, somewhere. But nobody on this board) who's claiming that the average American soldier is committing a rape a week. But I think people will agree that things like this happen during a war. (Heck, they happen during peace.)

It will be investigated. Honestly. If it happened, we'll find out. If it didn't, we'll find that out, too.

Activists will use the accusation (without waiting for the investigation.)

If it happened, the guilty will be punished.

And people, all over the world, will use varying combinations of facts, rumors, and deliberate spin, to adjust their opinion of all American soldiers, and of the USA as a whole.

The agenda here sickens me. Yeah some scumbags who happened to be wearing a US uniform committed a disgusting act. But unless you have PROOF, it's a disgusting to suggest it's a common occurrence in the US military. You want to talk about rape?

What do all those examples have to do with anything?

It will be investigated. Honestly. If it happened, we'll find out. If it didn't, we'll find that out, too.

Larry, it did happen and it has been taken care of. One of the guys was sentenced to 100 years for what he did.

The issue that I have is that it was brought up to act like this was a new incident, and thus give the impression that this happens all of the time.

Just as a side note, I am dating a woman who is a therapist for vets. She specialized in sexual abuse in the military, and deals with women AND men who were sexually assaulted, and that is combated with PTSD.

For those that think it is only a "handful" of people because of the statistics, it is not. Not one of her patients reported the assault, not a single one. She also councils, about 25 people in the Boston area, which is not a high area for military personnel. To also say it is "common" is not true either, but it is probably more common then the average % in population.

Lets face it, these people are put in a combat zone, trained to kill people, and sometimes people snap. It happens, and it happens more then people realize. There is also a mentality that you don't report something like this from happening. BUT. . . that does not mean that this is the MAJORITY of people, or stuff like this is happening everywhere. It does happen, it is a product of the circumstances we put people in, and it is wrong. We are in a war, and this should be expected when we place people 18-24 in a place where they can kill people, and are trained to do so. You develop a disregard for life in a lot of people, and they need to be like that. You need to not think about a life you are taking before you pull the trigger and do so on training and instinct. All training desensitizes human emotions, and makes it so people can pull the trigger.

What SHOULD be done is to encourage women and men to step forth when this occurs.

Why is it that only the things that THE FEW BAD SEEDS in our forces really get all the news headlines while the constant mutilation of women and children by Iraqies and other middle eastern MEN do DAILY all over the world? maybe we are suppose to be the BETTER PEOPLE, Maybe we are suppose to know better! However, the truth of the matter is this, for every RARE INCIDENT that our Military Forces are involved in ragarding less than moral activities 100s if not thousands are being done by their own people and they say nothing, not until an outsider does it.

Women and Children are being raped, killed and used as walking explosives everyday over there by Iraqis, AL Qaeda and other groups. EVERYDAY.. None of that makes the news to make the world hate them more, only what we do. I say we pull out and freaking NUKE the entire middle east...

Archived