Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 yr deal for Rock, 1 mil per Vinny on Redskins Radio

skinfan2k

The Millions..... and Millions Of ROCK's fans are estatic that he is still a Redskin. Even though haters from generation Ipod with their roody poo comments about my better is a scrub on the practice squad didn't show me any love I have one thing to say.....

CAN U SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, what DA Rock is Cooking??!!! :D :D

Awesome. You win the Internets. :applause:

If he could do it, I would totally support Rock Cartwright doing these speechs at the games. :laugh:

I love how a real mench brings up Hester who is the best and not any others that Rock is better than!

hmmm how about johs cribbs, terrence mcgee, andre davis, leon washington, yamon figurs...........

do you want me to go on, or do you also want to convince me that santana moss is better than randy, or portis is better than tomlinson.....hey i bet you even think that shawn springs is a shut-down corner dont you?

A Real Mench doesn't realize that it's a TEAM SPORT, and sometimes individual stats

become almost meaningless. Yes, a young RB like Peterson for the Vikings may be "better"

than a Clinton Portis, but who had the better game last season when the teams played

each other in MINNESOTA? Yup, it's a TEAM GAME baby, and I'll take the Rock over

any of those guys you listed with the exception of Hester.

hmmm how about johs cribbs, terrence mcgee, andre davis, leon washington, yamon figurs...........

do you want me to go on, or do you also want to convince me that santana moss is better than randy, or portis is better than tomlinson.....hey i bet you even think that shawn springs is a shut-down corner dont you?

Rock : 52 ret. 1339 yds 25.8 avg. 80 lng 0 TDs 42/20+ 2/40+ 0 fum

Josh Cribbs: 59 ret. 1809 yds 30.7avg 100 lng 2 TDs 49/20+ 7/40+ 1 fum

McGee: 45 ret. 1082 yds 24.0 avg 103 lng 1 TD 25/20+ 4/40+ 0 fum

Andre Davis: 32 ret. 968 yds 30.3 avg 104 lng 3 TDs 22/20+ 4/40+ 0 fum

Leon W.: 47 ret. 1291 yds 27.5 avg 98 lng 3 TDs 35/20+ 5/40+ 2 fum

Yamon F.: 46 ret. 1138 yds 24.7 avg 94 avg 1 TD 25/20+ 4/40+ 2 fum

Yeah, Rock doesn't compare with these guys at all. :doh:

Hey, I bet you don't even bother to look at stats, don't you?

There should be no excuses and cliche responses about how the Redskins dont keep their own players. The Redskins FO has done a wonderful job about keeping their own players and not letting them go to other teams. In the past, the fanbase cried that Danny would disrespect our players and let them find other teams, well the FO has changed and learned from its costly mistakes. We are now (it would seem) a team that takes care of their own and is willing to pay for own home grown pride and effort that our players exude.

Cooley, Albright, Betts, Rock, Samuels, among others. We have on our team our own home grown talent. On top of the guys we have resigned, we have lots of talent that we drafted on our starting line up. Campbell, Smoot, Rogers, Landry, Golston, Heyer, Monty and Rocky among others. We are officially a team of our own, and this draft will help bolster that.

Rock : 52 ret. 1339 yds 25.8 avg. 80 lng 0 TDs 42/20+ 2/40+ 0 fum

Josh Cribbs: 59 ret. 1809 yds 30.7avg 100 lng 2 TDs 49/20+ 7/40+ 1 fum

McGee: 45 ret. 1082 yds 24.0 avg 103 lng 1 TD 25/20+ 4/40+ 0 fum

Andre Davis: 32 ret. 968 yds 30.3 avg 104 lng 3 TDs 22/20+ 4/40+ 0 fum

Leon W.: 47 ret. 1291 yds 27.5 avg 98 lng 3 TDs 35/20+ 5/40+ 2 fum

Yamon F.: 46 ret. 1138 yds 24.7 avg 94 avg 1 TD 25/20+ 4/40+ 2 fum

Yeah, Rock doesn't compare with these guys at all. :doh:

Hey, I bet you don't even bother to look at stats, don't you?

wow... everyone of the people i just listed have what in common, oh yea, they score tds.....what do you want the ball at the 30 everytime, or the ball at the 25 most of the time, with a decent chance at breaking one for a td????? think about what you type before you type it

wow... everyone of the people i just listed have what in common, oh yea, they score tds.....what do you want the ball at the 30 everytime, or the ball at the 25 most of the time, with a decent chance at breaking one for a td????? think about what you type before you type it

Are you kidding? You can't bank on a KR guy getting a TD, the odds are better if you have a guy who can get good field position.

Boo-hoo Rock didn't return one for a TD this year, that must mean McGee and Yimon are light years ahead of Rock, cuz they got one TD. :rolleyes: Nevermind in 2006 Rock had a return TD, only 2 players had more than that (2) and only 7 players total, including Rock, even returned one for a TD.

A decent chance? Dude, do even understand stats? Cribbs had 3 TDs, out of 59 returns, that is about a 1 in 20 chance. Rock had more returns of over 20 yards than every one of the guys you listed, except Cribbs, and that lead is by double-digits with all except Leon Washington.

Sorry, but a kick returner who is going to get a return over 20 yards 42 out of 52 times, 81% of the time, is much better than a guy who has a 1 in 20 chance of taking one to the house. So yes, I'd rather have the ball at the 30 every 81% of the time, than sit there and believe 5% is a decent chance. Seriously, 3 TDs in a year, which is the most of any kick returner in '07, and you think that has the biggest impact? Instead of a guy who gets you great field position 81% of the time, and doesn't fumble?

So it is you who needs to think about what they are typing ahead of time, and avoid a condescending tone when you don't know what you're talking about.

Just great, a way undersized FB/Too slow RB, who returns the ball too the 26 yard line on every single kickoff. You know the great teams develop young players as their 3rd stringers, and we keep overpaid 30 year old's. Our FO is a joke!

Too bad that RB has put up 100 yard games when given the chance, contributes greatly on both sides of special teams, is a team leader, has great character, etc.

Rock is getting 3 mill for 3 years, how is that overpaid?

Our average starting field position was at the 31 yard line in '07.

Yes great teams do develop young talent, and find talent in undrafted players also. Talent like Montgomery, Gholston, Chris Wilso, HB Blades, Leigh Torrence, Reed Doughty, Stephon Heyer, and Marcus Mason.

Our FO has ben doing well as of late. Your post is the joke.

Are you kidding? You can't bank on a KR guy getting a TD, the odds are better if you have a guy who can get good field position.

Boo-hoo Rock didn't return one for a TD this year, that must mean McGee and Yimon are light years ahead of Rock, cuz they got one TD. :rolleyes:

A decent chance? Dude, do even understand stats? Cribbs had 3 TDs, out of 59 returns, that is about a 1 in 20 chance. Rock had more returns of over 20 yards than every one of the guys you listed, except Cribbs, and that lead is by double-digits with all except Leon Washington.

Sorry, but a kick returner who is going to get a return over 20 yards 42 out of 52 times, 81% of the time, is much better than a guy who has a 1 in 20 chance of taking one to the house. So yes, I'd rather have the ball at the 30 every 81% of the time, than sit there and believe 20% is a decent chance. Seriously, 3 TDs in a year, which is the most of any kick returner in '07, and you think that has the biggest impact? Instead of a guy who gets you great field position 81% of the time, and doesn't fumble?

So it is you who needs to think about what they are typing ahead of time, and avoid a condescending tone when you don't know what you're talking about.

i dont know what im talking about? ok sure, you wanted mediocrity, guess what yougot it with #31.... he gets it to the 30-35 every time..... thats it, he never breaks one,... he had that big one vs arizona, and thast it... so yea 42 kick returns of over 20 yards.... so he gets it at the 1 gets it to the 22.. guess what, its a kick return of over 20 yards!!!! hell even CHAD MORTON returned a damn kick for a td for us, as haas antonio brown, and laddell betts..... so yea i thought about it, and im pretty much right and you are, well, wrong... so take off the B&G glasses... just cause someone isnt a redskins, doesnt mean they are the best at said position

i dont know what im talking about? ok sure, you wanted mediocrity, guess what yougot it with #31.... he gets it to the 30-35 every time..... thats it, he never breaks one,... he had that big one vs arizona, and thast it... so yea 42 kick returns of over 20 yards.... so he gets it at the 1 gets it to the 22.. guess what, its a kick return of over 20 yards!!!! hell even CHAD MORTON returned a damn kick for a td for us, as haas antonio brown, and laddell betts..... so yea i thought about it, and im pretty much right and you are, well, wrong... so take off the B&G glasses... just cause someone isnt a redskins, doesnt mean they are the best at said position

the only mediocrity is your responses which refuse to acknowledge any stats other than TDs. How is having one of the better KR averages, and being second best in the league at returning the ball over 20 yards mediocre? You do realize there is more to a kick return than just gettuing TDs. Field position is very important in the game of football, and Rock is one of the best at getting us good field position.

I already showed you earlier our average starting field position was at the 31 yard line. Chad Morton, Ladell Betts, and Brown all did return kicks for TDs, so why earlier did you act like Rock sucked because he didn't have one TD and others did?

Seeing as most KRs don't even get one kick return TD in a given season. The other guys you mentioned, some of them had 2 or only 1 return for a TD. McGee had 1 KR TD, out of 45 returns, Yamon 1 KR TD out of 46 returns. Wow, that is a decent chance.:rolleyes:

What makes you right? You have provided zero stats on Rock, but go ahead and tell me to take off the glasses, its your only defense cuz you obviously can't argue stats. When did I say Rock was the best at his position? Quote me on it, go ahead, I'll wait.

Yeah you're right, I'm wrong cuz you thought about. Nice juvenile response. Come talk to me when you can consider other aspects of the game besides just the flashy parts, when you can understand stats, and when you grow up.

Again, Rock has an 81% chance of returning it for over 20 yards, only Cribbs was better. Rock had zero fumbles. Cribbs had the most TDs returned of anyone, at 3. Out of 59 returns. *I messed up the percentage earlier, it is only 5% of the time he got a TD. I'd rather have great field position 81% of the time, than maybe get a TD 5% of the time.

he gets it to the 30-35 every time..... thats it, he never breaks one,... he had that big one vs arizona, and thast it... so yea 42 kick returns of over 20 yards.... so he gets it at the 1 gets it to the 22.. guess what, its a kick return of over 20 yards!!!! hell even CHAD MORTON returned a damn kick for a td for us, as haas antonio brown, and laddell betts.....

:doh: :doh: :doh:

http://scores.heraldinteractive.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=bostonherald&page=nfl/scores/final/W1820.htm

Rock Cartwright returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown for Washington, which played without injured running back Clinton Portis (shoulder).

Man if you vote like you ATTEMPT to analyze Da Rock with limited knowledge of him you display Ralph Nader or Ross Perot is your pick.

there are some simple people on here i swear.......

i don't need to provide stats, i tell it like it is.... rock will get to the 30, and thats about it..... id sacrifice 5 yards if it means were gonna have a shot at a td.... because our offense did awesome with the great field position that pebble gets on his kick returns....

http://scores.heraldinteractive.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=bostonherald&page=nfl/scores/final/W1820.htm

Rock Cartwright returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown for Washington, which played without injured running back Clinton Portis (shoulder).

we were out of thre game by then... moot point......

Man if you vote like you ATTEMPT to analyze Da Rock with limited knowledge of him you display Ralph Nader or Ross Perot is your pick.

Da rock???? easy bro, just cause you dont like to hear or read the truth, dont get pisse doff at me.... and i guess since you are so much smarter and can analyze so much better... you voted bush, and put us in the hole that were in now?

Archived