Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama adviser resigns; called Clinton ‘monster’

Zguy28

Obama adviser resigns; called Clinton ‘monster’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23519392/

LONDON - A Barack Obama adviser resigned Friday after calling rival Hillary Rodham Clinton "a monster." Samantha Power, an unpaid foreign policy adviser and Harvard professor, announced her resignation in a statement provided by the Obama campaign in which she expressed "deep regret."

"Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign," she said. "And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months."

Stupid if you ask me. My goodness. So much for free speech.:(

Why does she have to backtrack and say how much she admires her? No, you don't. So don't say it.

EDIT: By the way, if you all want a story, how cool would it be if not only did she not resign, but Obama backed her up, saying all sorts of stuff. Then when Obama and Hillary get together again, they would be up in each other's faces, it would be like a boxing press conference.

Now THAT, I would watch. None of this meaningless, boring garbage.

Ms. Power was extremely influential in the Obama campaign. I hope she is able to get a job in the Obama administration. Her foreign policy expertise is rooted in common sense and not what Republicans and Clintons know as "conventional wisdom." Ms. Power challenged the status quo on huge issues and won.

She will be missed.

I like how Senator Obama has refused to climb into the mudpit with Hillary. It takes discipline to restrain from reactionaryism.

Ms. Power was extremely influential in the Obama campaign. I hope she is able to get a job in the Obama administration. Her foreign policy expertise is rooted in common sense and not what Republicans and Clintons know as "conventional wisdom." Ms. Power challenged the status quo on huge issues and won.

She will be missed.

I like how Senator Obama has refused to climb into the mudpit with Hillary. It takes discipline to restrain from reactionaryism.

She seems classy, who knows maybe it will become okay to trash your competitors to your customers in the professional world.

Archived