Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Campbell is not the man?Would now be the time to go after Brady Quinn?

michael_33

Brady Quinn couldn't even win a bowl game.

Yeah I know..........and with his playing defense and all in college you'd think he would have single-handedly stopped the opposition's offense from running up-and-down the field. :rolleyes:

Put the blinders down ND-hater and watch the games. Better yet go back and watch the 2006 ND-USC game in L.A. Quinn was the only ND player who belonged on the same field with that talented Trojans team that night. Eight drops by his receivers.....yikes!

It's interesting reading the backlash against those who dare mention how the Skins might need to reconsider whether Jason Campbell actually is our long-awaited franchise QB.

Frankly, if JC-defenders don't see any flaws in Campbell's current level of play, I don't think there will be any middle ground for constructive discussion. However, from my perspective, last season revealed that Campbell still has a way to go, and he's still very much a work in progress. Now, how far Campbell progresses is the key issue for 2008.

Perhaps, this year, Campbell's supporters may finally stop pointing to his lack of gametime opportunities and experience. Maybe not. But from what I've seen, there are other NFL QBs who are starting now and doing well -- and they've had less game-time and less years in the league.

Regardless, Zorn has declared that Campbell's his starting QB to run Zorn's WCO. And Jason's going to get personalized, hands-on, attention from a proven QB-coach who Snyder brought in as HC to make Campbell a success. Frankly, most should concede that this is a hand-tailored situation, designed for Jason Campbell to flourish.

So, with all that in mind, perhaps 2008 can be considered the year when Campbell finally has to answer the question -- is he our franchise QB, or not?

And if it's 'not' --maybe we might need to start thinking ...the 'unthinkable.'

No matter how demanding this thread is, we're not done til we finish it with EAS Myoplex. The fact a backup quarterback is doing commercials is hilarious. He hasn't proven anything in the pros. The one redeeming point to maybe speak of his ability is how ND fell apart this year similar to the collapse of NC State after Rivers went pro. Nonetheless the guy isn't worth trading for. Now I'm done.

we have the young starter, we have to old vet, all you need is the other young guy

but its not a crucial need. rather than waste assets on acquiring that guy, just draft him late, or just take one of the guys off the practice squads somewhere. Bramlet and Palmer are still floating around out there.

use our picks above the 6th round to improve the team now

Bramlet is with the Dolphins

Palmer with the Bengals

We still have Hollenbach as the other young guy.

Campbell may well not be the man. But now is not the time to consider a trade. He deserves some more time. I was hard on him last season but am hanging on to a sliver of hope. There is a reason we worked so hard to keep TC. And it probably wasn't easy for him to cut the umbilical from Saunders.

I am not ruling out seeing TC get some game time this coming season. Zorn has named JC the starter but Zorn has not had a chance to see them perform in training camp.

Jason Campbell and Brady Quinn made their marks in college. Quinn was very good at Notre Dame, but not as good as Campbell was at Auburn. Jason made excellent strides last year. With young QBs such as Big Ben, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers having deep playoff sucess, the pressure is on Campbell to produce and deliver. His grace period is over and he has to do it now. I'm sure he'll flourish in the west coast system.

Everyone keeps thinking we have a great quarterback.....for the last 10 years that is. I think we should go after Quinn. He will turn out to be one of the best quarterbacks ever. All the Notre Dame haters are just in denial. Where did our last great quarterback come from? South Bend baby. Get it done Dan, and go after Brady. He won't let us down.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Frankly, if JC-defenders don't see any flaws in Campbell's current level of play, I don't think there will be any middle ground for constructive discussion. However, from my perspective, last season revealed that Campbell still has a way to go, and he's still very much a work in progress. Now, how far Campbell progresses is the key issue for 2008.

No offense but Jason Campbell is admittedly not perfect but those wanting to bash the guy so want to prove themselves smarter than HoF Joe Gibbs, Al Saunders and Jim Zorn by pronouncing Campbell to be a bust, they refuse to acknowledge any improvements in his game in the 12 weeks he was starting.

Campbell to me showed alot of promise, in games the team lost i think he shone greatly . I cannot put a single loss solely on mistakes he made unlike Collins who threw the game away with not 1 but 2 costly interceptions on balls that should never have been thrown and the fact he could not move the offense at all untill the third quater although he himself was not helped by the turnstyle offensive line . In all I think Campbell was hampered by lackluster performances from the offensive line, Portis, Moss, the defense and the playcalling . Sure he made mistakes but the team was hardly being held back by him. Trading him now for whoever is crazy and yes IF he sucks and looks bad at the end of 2008 maybe it would be time to look elsewhere but not now.

Archived