Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Campbell is not the man?Would now be the time to go after Brady Quinn?

michael_33

Dont know if I would trade for him over Jason Campbell, but Brady Quinn will eventually be a stud in the NFL. Even though he did not win a Bowl Game at ND, I've seen him play enough to think - WOW, this kid really gets it.

Some players are late bloomers (do OK in school but come to the NFL and do GREAT). I think Brady Quinn is one of these players and is someone to watch over the next several years. IMO

I was hoping this was a joke thread, but alas.

You want to trade for a player who is even more unproven than Campbell because "we haven't had a franchise QB in so long."

We are a playoff team. All of our starters are back and a trade or draft pick should only improve our active roster. Quinn or Campbell would sit on the bench, which would be a complete waste.

Some of our fans are so scarred by the QB position that we're ready to slide right past results and skip to bust.

We haven't seen enough on Campbell to say whether he'll bust out or be a bust. Working on a contingency is fine, but attempting to get Quinn is a costly and hasty way of addressing a need that just isn't there.

So I wouldn't agree with the move or possible interest. A late-round QB will be fine.

I've been browsing the Browns boards for a bit and I noticed that the Browns are not against trading this guy...(and browsing other teams boards as well on the Quinn subject)

Here are a few conversations on thie Quinn subject...

Like this years 2nd,next years 2nd and Springs or something?They have plenty of cap?Or maybe our 3rd instead as part of deal since we may have 2 of those?

I don't know..?I'm just asking you guys! :cheers:

Is it worth considering I guess and would Zorn be interested at all and the Redskins organization?

never know...were making cap room for someone? :)

Since when to people on the "boards" decide Cleveland's personnel decisions. Just because they are ok with then Cleveland should do it???

Two picks and a player for Quinn. So you are suggesting we do that for the second time in 3 years on the same position. Not very smart. Why not just use the 2nd round pick you suggested giving away on a QB (I wouldn't do this either) but you have a QB with the exact same amount of experience and talent than Mr. Quinn

Everyone keeps thinking we have a great quarterback.....for the last 10 years that is. I think we should go after Quinn. He will turn out to be one of the best quarterbacks ever. All the Notre Dame haters are just in denial. Where did our last great quarterback come from? South Bend baby. Get it done Dan, and go after Brady. He won't let us down.

Campbell is more proven then Quinn in the NFL, in no circumstance should we look to trade for him. If Campbell isn't the guy we should draft a later round qb for the next two seasons because, w/o injury Campbell will be our guy.

I'll be the first one to say that IF JC stinks it up this year, which he wont, we should start looking around. The problem with banking JCs future on this season is the new offense, but again, JC played the WCO at Auburn and excelled.

Than being said, JC will have his best season ever in 08.

They give Eli Manning 4 freaking years. He was god awful in 06 and for the start of 07. Then he wins a Super Bowl.

Jason has started 20 games and we're giving up on him despite the fact that he's shown alot of promise in what was a complicated offensive system ("OH! BUT A 37 YEAR OLD QUARTERBACK WHO DIDNT START FOR 10 YEARS COULD RUN IT - ONE SECOND, I NEED TO GET A LABOTOMY SO THAT I CAN FORGET THAT HE KNEW THE PLAYBOOK AS WELL AS HE KNEW HIS WIFE"). Our fanbase is pathetic.

1. The Browns aren't trading Quinn. He is very cheap on the cap.

2. Their plan is to see if Anderson is a one-season wonder or not, if he is, Quinn is there.

3. They realize that 10 or 20 million, in the greater scheme, is nothing relative to the value of long-term solution at QB, and having consistent production even if injuries.

4. Quinn isn't worth trading for, even if he was available. He is hardly some stunning physical or ethical specimen. For what it'd cost to trade for him, you could draft a QB.

He is hardly some stunning physical or ethical specimen.

Thoth - come on man. We can have a debate about his prowess as a QB, but the dude is the most jacked QB I've ever seen. He put up 225lbs 24 times - when's the last time a QB has done that? That's as good as some LB's and he probably beat a few out as well.

Archived