Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Campbell is not the man?Would now be the time to go after Brady Quinn?

michael_33

I know I will get BLASTED for this thread and that's fine...I totally understand the love for JC and expect it!I love him as well and pray he becomes our franchise QB...

But the fact of the matter is,we haven't had a franchise QB since Theismann! :doh: Friends it's been over 20 years! :rolleyes:

Now.. Campbell is coming off an injury that is said to be healing with excellent recovery time, if he's not already 100%...Which I believe he is...

I've been browsing the Browns boards for a bit and I noticed that the Browns are not against trading this guy...(and browsing other teams boards as well on the Quinn subject)

Here are a few conversations on thie Quinn subject...

BUCS BOARD

------------

I find it ironic that Anderson resigned for $8 million per year. The Browns have said "You don't sign someone for that amount and not start him."

The theory is that he shot himself in the foot by holding out last year. If he's already alienated the Browns FO, I expect to see something go down.

I suspect he will throw a temper tantrum to get out of there, or they will shop him around.

In the end, the whole experience could be a humbling one for him...maybe improve his attitude.

So...that being said...let the discussion begin. Would we want him here?

I say yes. A first round pick last year...unproven true...but then again, a 20th pick in the first round this year would also be unproven. And frankly, I think the chances of him working out over any quarterback that could fall to us are better.

So...I say talk to the Browns, give them the first and a good player...some compensation...we're talking a possible blockbuster QB here...and only a year into the league.

Browns Board

--------------

The rumor of the day has Brady Quinn coming to Atlanta in exchange to DeAngelo Hall. The majority of the Falcons fans would take this in a heartbeat. Just wondering if the Browns fans would go for this as it would bring your team a little closer to being a serious contender this season.

So my question is...If we could pull it off on some type of trade,would you guys be against it?

Collins only signed a 1 year deal,so he may retire or be gone next year as well...We already need to either sign a vet or draft a guy for our #3 QB as Brunell is gone...

If Campbell doesn't work out or gets hurt again,we are really screwed!!

I think Quinn could be had for reasonable deal,without on-the-field success despite is already commercials ads...

I will get burned for this,but if you think really hard about this...Is it really that bad a move if the deal wasn't ridiculous?

I would think he would be easier to get now,rather than an already astablished QB like Palmer,Brees or someone like that...?

Question is...What would the browns ask as compensation in a trade like this...?They did have to trade this years 1st last year to move up to get him...

But with no 1st day picks AT ALL,would they consider a deal if they were to aquire a pick or 2 in this years draft...?

And could we get him without giving up our 1st if we gave them a player,since they are getting everyone like the jets...?

Like this years 2nd,next years 2nd and Springs or something?They have plenty of cap?Or maybe our 3rd instead as part of deal since we may have 2 of those?

I don't know..?I'm just asking you guys! :cheers:

Is it worth considering I guess and would Zorn be interested at all and the Redskins organization?

never know...were making cap room for someone? :)

NO, Not Brady to much cash for one and Wants to start now. JC still needs another FULL year with this new system even though he has some familiarity with it on senior year in Auburn. I think the wisest thing to do is Draft a late round QB and start grooming him just in case JC doesnt work out because Collins is old and is only getting older, so FUTURE Collins is not. I still have hope for JC, but he has to show Mental improvement this year... He has all the physical tools needed....

NO, Not Brady to much cash for one and Wants to start now. JC still needs another FULL year with this new system even though he has some familiarity with it on senior year in Auburn. I think the wisest thing to do is Draft a late round QB and start grooming him just in case JC doesnt work out because Collins is old and is only getting older, so FUTURE Collins is not. I still have hope for JC, but he has to show Mental improvement this year... He has all the physical tools needed....

I understand you sentiments...But isn't that even more reason to consider the move...If Brady was here,he would be learning just like the rest of the QB's...

What if JC isn't grasping at the new offense at all and we start 1-5 or something...?Or what if(god forbid) he get's injured again?Or reinjures that same knee?

Does Collins give us a better chance to win over a young gun in Quinn?

Where do you get your drugs?

dumbest idea i have ever heard.... i want my 2 minutes of life back.

I know I will get BLASTED for this thread and that's fine...I totally understand the love for JC and expect it!I love him as well and pray he becomes our franchise QB...

But the fact of the matter is,we haven't had a franchise QB since Theismann! :doh: Friends it's been over 20 years! :rolleyes:

Now.. Campbell is coming off an injury that is said to be healing with excellent recovery time, if he's not already 100%...Which I believe he is...

I've been browsing the Browns boards for a bit and I noticed that the Browns are not against trading this guy...(and browsing other teams boards as well on the Quinn subject)

Here are a few conversations on thie Quinn subject...

BUCS BOARD

------------

Browns Board

--------------

So my question is...If we could pull it off on some type of trade,would you guys be against it?

Collins only signed a 1 year deal,so he may retire or be gone next year as well...We already need to either sign a vet or draft a guy for our #3 QB as Brunell is gone...

If Campbell doesn't work out or gets hurt again,we are really screwed!!

I think Quinn could be had for reasonable deal,without on-the-field success despite is already commercials ads...

I will get burned for this,but if you think really hard about this...Is it really that bad a move if the deal wasn't ridiculous?

I would think he would be easier to get now,rather than an already astablished QB like Palmer,Brees or someone like that...?

Question is...What would the browns ask as compensation in a trade like this...?They did have to trade this years 1st last year to move up to get him...

But with no 1st day picks AT ALL,would they consider a deal if they were to aquire a pick or 2 in this years draft...?

And could we get him without giving up our 1st if we gave them a player,since they are getting everyone like the jets...?

Like this years 2nd,next years 2nd and Springs or something?They have plenty of cap?Or maybe our 3rd instead as part of deal since we may have 2 of those?

I don't know..?I'm just asking you guys! :cheers:

Is it worth considering I guess and would Zorn be interested at all and the Redskins organization?

never know...were making cap room for someone? :)

are you serious?

what if there is a man waiting for you outside of your home with a gun?

what if you hit the super lottery?

what if..what if..what if..

we have a great QB and you need to stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Brady has ZERO starts and hasnt proven a daggone thing!!

even if brady quinn was coming off a pro bowl year, the answer would be 'no.'

you need to prioritize your needs, and us sending ANYTHING at all for a QUARTERBACK would be astoundingly stupid. if we make any trade at all, it needs to be for a position that fills a hole - not for a position that might eventually become a hole if a bunch of things happen.

Going after a high profile QB would be the worst thing the team could do at this point. JC is one of the major reasons Zorn came here. He sees great potential in Jason and thinks he can make him a franchise QB. Going after another QB would anger him and shatter his confidence. Plus the amount of money that would have to be paid to Quinn would be crazy. He was drafted in about the same spot as Jason and doesn't have the arm strenghth that our QB exhibits. It wouldn't be smart to spend that kind of money on a QB who almost certainly isn't any better than what we already have.

I think Brady does have the makings of becoming a good QB in this league. I did not feel that way beforehand. I'm surprised the Dolphins or Falcons have not made any inquiries about him - at least that we know of. I personally would have explored getting him from the Browns. It would be expensive though.

Oh, I just saw the Hall for Quinn blurb on your post - the Dolphins should be making calls too IMO.

What is Brady Quinn is not that answer? He is just as much of an unknown as Campbell is.

If Campbell is not the answer, I would think we should go out and get a mid-level QB to play 2-3 years (basically, a much better version of MB) and then draft another QB and try again.

Quinn is an expensive risk, he was not even good in college, I doubt he will be amazing in the NFL.

I agree with your premise that we need to start considering the notion that JC isn't as good as some Redskin fans want to think, but going after Brady Quinn is not the way to go. We need to draft a QB this year, in my opinion no later than the third round. I would love to get Flacco or Josh Johnson from USD.

I just don't think Quinn is a remote possibility for us, and I'm not convinced he's any better than JC anyway.

Hail,

H

Man, Brady Quinn straight up for DeAngelo Hall would be a great deal for Atlanta. That would then allow them to use the third pick in the draft for other needs rather than Matt Ryan, if he's still available. DeAngelo Hall has become another T.O.

we have a great QB

We do?

What's his name?

Because it certainly isn't Jason Campbell. He has never--NOT ONCE--been anything more than marginally above average in his 3 years here. Maybe you need to look up the definition of great, because it doesn't apply to any QB we have.

I agree with your premise that we need to start considering the notion that JC isn't as good as some Redskin fans want to think, but going after Brady Quinn is not the way to go. We need to draft a QB this year, in my opinion no later than the third round. I would love to get Flacco or Josh Johnson from USD.

I just don't think Quinn is a remote possibility for us, and I'm not convinced he's any better than JC anyway.

Hail,

H

Would you make the move if we could get him for lets say...our 2nd and 3rd this year(leaving us our dock comp 3rd as well as our 1st) and say Springs or someone that we could trade to the browns who had high value for?

Also, if everyone is so sure that JC is the answer, then why do they fear competition? Nothing makes a player better than competition. I'm all for bringing in whoever will improve the team and let them compete for starting jobs. I am never one to guarantee someone a starting position.

We do?

What's his name?

Because it certainly isn't Jason Campbell. He has never--NOT ONCE--been anything more than marginally above average in his 3 years here. Maybe you need to look up the definition of great, because it doesn't apply to any QB we have.

:laugh: It must be lunch time because that was a cold cut! Owned!

I don't want people to get the wrong idea of my thread here...I'm definately NOT willing to dump a crazy trade for Quinn by any means...!

I'm just curious if we could get Brady Quin,without giving the Browns our 1st rounder...

If the front ofice is going to go for flaco or someone in the 2nd,then I can understand not going after Quinn if they value Flaco more...

But Quinn did look good in preseason last year...didn't he?Or am I wrong on that?

We will probably have a 1st,2nd,3rd,3rd,5th,6th,7th,7th,7th in picks this year...Am I wrong in think that a 2nd,3rd and Springs or someone...isn't enough to get him...?

Maybe thrown in a pick in 09'?like a 3rd or so...

As important as it is to have WR's,OL,D-line and everything else....Don't we want an insurance policy for our QB situation?

Campbell deserves at least 1 more year...But what if he sucks?He does have a knack for throwing picks late in games...

If Brady is a bad idea,then I believe we have to go for 1 of the QB's in the 2nd,3rd or 5th rounds...IMO?

Be it Falco,Woodson,Colt or whoever...JMO...!

Would you make the move if we could get him for lets say...our 2nd and 3rd this year(leaving us our dock comp 3rd as well as our 1st) and say Springs or someone that we could trade to the browns who had high value for?

Honestly, I don't think so. I'm not that high on Quinn - never was. And in the second round we could definitely get a QB like Flacco or Johnson (or someone else) who I think would be better than Quinn. I know Quinn was a first round pick, but he dropped and it took his home town team to move up to grab him. And now they pay big money to a guy who was unknown to everyone outside his family before the season started last year (Derek Anderson). That tells me that maybe Quinn was a bit overhyped.

So no, I wouldn't make that deal for Quinn. I don't see a big difference between Quinn an JC. If we traded our 2nd and 3rd round picks for Quinn, consider how many picks we would have given for one potential starting QB.

Hail,

H

Archived