Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato on Redskins Lunch -- Reading Between the lines

Skinsinparadise

Let's draft 21 in honor of Sean and not trade it!!!

I agree with Robbnva and others. It's a nice thought but potentially putting our team at a drafting disadvantage isn't what memorializing a player is about and I think that's the last thing ST would want.

Not sure about that, considering during the last draft as it got closer it seemed to get out Landry was their top choice. They did say they'd like to trade back -- and tried but they said they got no suitors.

I recall the name Jason Campbell leaking right before the draft, etc.

Having said that, at 21 its really impossible to zero in and say this is the player I am drafting but of course if they fall in love with a player that could leak.

Yeah, not big fan of the leaks and a good point about where they are picking.

They probably have less pressure this year picking a little futher down. I hope it's something we get accustomed to, picking in the high 20's and low 30's in the first round for a while would suit me just fine.

Since we need an OL or a DL, what about trading up to get one of the Long's in the first couple picks? Miami is looking to trade their #1 pick. Just a thought.

I think it is a good idea though to trade down and get more picks during the draft, have more young, hungry players. Def OL is priority...Snyderatto are doing good this year.

This draft has tons of good players between the 2nd and 5th rounds

Looking at mock drafts, I don't see a huge difference between the number 21 guy and the number 41 guy.

Moving to the top of the 2nd round and picking up a few more picks is the best course of action

I agree but when you consider what you're saying it becomes kind of clear that the odds of someone wanting to move up badly to grab a particular player is kind of slim.

I think Vinny is blazay about WR at 21 is because he thinks Sweed and Kelly will be gone by 21.

Actually, if Sweed or Kelly do fall to 21, that might be best case scenario for us and the chance to trade down.

Another thing he said that i don't think anyone has mentioned is that there are currently ZERO free agents scheduled to visit. So any rumors you here otherwise over the next couple days would be false.

That's true he dispelled the rumor that Bryan Johnson is coming for a visit. One thing he said on the topic which struck me as them learning a lesson is they don't want to sign players who are unproven and or medicore to crazy lucrative contracts becuase it disrupts team chemistry.

It made me think of Archuleta and Lloyd.

It could be argued where we pick makes it easier. There won't be a sure fire DL or WR there in the first for sure.

Picking something like OL, DL, CB/WR is easily seeable from a value perspective.

But then again maybe I'm just reading what I want...

I agree, after watching the combine, i was not really impressed with the WRs.. there were some fast guys but they just didn't look polished in their routes.. plus we have not been really good at draft WRs ( D howard, gardner, westbrook, jacobs, the really fast guy that hurt his ACL (clifford?))... they maybe good value in 2nd or 3rd rounds same with DBs... BPA (DL,OL)..

Whats up man!!!

Love the sig!!!

_

"Hey man, we're running 30-X all day long! They know it's come'n, we know it's come'n...it's gonna be a knock down, drag out fight!"

Yeah!

My things aboout O-line is we just cant just draft 1 o-lineman. You not get Multiple Lineman on offense if we need to draft. We also need a Safety and DE.

If we trade down i would like to get 2 first rounders for our 21st pick. 3 picks in the second round would be pretty good

Maybe the Commissioner will let us draft two O-linemen with our first pick...

Since we need an OL or a DL, what about trading up to get one of the Long's in the first couple picks? Miami is looking to trade their #1 pick. Just a thought.

I think it is a good idea though to trade down and get more picks during the draft, have more young, hungry players. Def OL is priority...Snyderatto are doing good this year.

No need to move up and lose picks. What we need on OL is a G and Brandon Albert should be there. He will be a starter by the end of the season if not the start. He may turn out to just be a good or even great G but he also apparantly looks great at LT so a couple years down the line he may be the replacement for Samuels. What a steal at #21 he would be then. Even if he is just a decent starter we should be happy with him at #21 which says to me he is the can't miss type of player we will be looking at.

Brandon Albert could actually be the guy we use to move down lower in the 1st round. The Steelers are looking for a replacement for Faneca and Albert is their pick in several mocks I've seen. Seattle also needs O-Line help and could be looking to leapfrog the Steelers for him. We could possibly move from 21 to 25 and grab Seattle's 4th round pick in the process. It seems to be getting harder to trade down in the first round but if it's gonna happen, it will happen somewhere in the 20's.

Brandon Albert could actually be the guy we use to move down lower in the 1st round. The Steelers are looking for a replacement for Faneca and Albert is their pick in several mocks I've seen. Seattle also needs O-Line help and could be looking to leapfrog the Steelers for him. We could possibly move from 21 to 25 and grab Seattle's 4th round pick in the process. It seems to be getting harder to trade down in the first round but if it's gonna happen, it will happen somewhere in the 20's.

I think a team like Miami would be good safe bet too. They may wanna jump in and grab a WR or OL. They also have 2 second round picks, one basically being a 1st since they will have the 32nd selection.

Choose best player available among Brandon Albert, Rodgers-Cromartie, Limas Sweed, or Derrick Harvey if any of those guys drop to us.

Another sleeper for me in this is CB Mike Jenkins from South Florida, although he may be taken before we pick and rightfully so...Living in Florida, I've seen a lot of USF's games and Jenkins is the real deal. He constantly was on his man, didn't get beat on juke moves and he ran a great time at the combine which was overshadowed by Cromartie. He can cover man to man, but he will also come up in the box and try and take your head off, just watch the USF vs West Virginia game.

Actions speak louder than words.

For some reason I think Vinny is going to do something we don't agree with come draft day.

Of course he will, you think anyone in the Redskins Organization could actually do something without someone not liking it? I mean they could draft Jesus Christ and people would complain that yeah...he won't go down but he has long hair....you just can't please all of the people all of the time. :logo:

trade back to get another 2nd, trade that 2nd and a 3rd (hopefully the comp pick) and get OCHO CINCO...

URG! I don't know why I am wasting the energy to even respond to this as this topic has been cover a mazowazillitimes! It would take ATLEAST a first round plus maybe a 2nd and a player for Chad. Hell, maybe 2 first rounds. And secondly, again has been covered so many times! You CANT trade the comp pick. And, the comp pick isn't official, it is just projected we may get a 3rd round comp. Jeeze..is it friday afternoon because I need a drink badly

If a GM or Coach specifically singles out a player we are supposedly intertested in, you can immediately scratch him off the list. Nobody but a fool will show his hand.

I think trading down is a splended idea. I would be OK with trading a high pick too if the player is young and talented. I just want to see some value for our picks, and a visible immediate improvement to the team from any early rounder.

Back in January I had some serious doubts about where the Skins were headed. I expected a real mess in the offseason.

I was very upset that GW wasn't hired as Coach, but now that Zorn is here, I have high hopes for him. Could he be Gibbs 3.0? or will he bomb? We won't know until the season gets underway. But I can see potential to be a great coach.

I like the coordinators that were hired, as well.

When free agency started I was pleased (and surprised) to see that Snyder and Cerrato weren't going nuts and throwing money around. That is not at all what I expected.

Now all this level-headed talk about the draft. If someone had told me in January that in March I would be approving of the way the Redskins were being managed, I would have never believed them .... but lo, and behold, I approve ... at least so far.

We will have to pick up some depth at several positions in free agency. Unfortunately, the talent pool is a little thin this year. So many mediocre players are getting fat contracts ... I hope we can avoid that.

Unless somebody we really need or want is available at 21 in the draft, I would be all for trading down to get more picks. If this organization is going to thrive, we have got to build through the draft.

Archived