Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Lavar's New Restaurant?

DCMONEY

I had an experience at the Red Star the old spot by Fed Ex Filed. Lavar has taken over this place and its called "Sidelines". Anyhow by Lavar making it a Sportsbar I'm thinking the dress code is gonna be different. I'll never forget going to Red Star with about 8 friends. I and another friend had on some casual Shorts and Shirt. I also had a matching Cap on. Anyhow they told us we'd have to take our hats off. Now I look around and see these guys coming in with greasy Mechanics uniforms on and looking like they just left the shop. I don't mind taking my hat off but I'm like look at the greasy uniforms those guys have on. They were like you have to remove your cap. We were like you're about to lose the business of 8 big hungry guys over 2 baseball caps in the bunch. Me and my other buddy eventually gave in and took off our caps. It was funny though. The Red Star restaurant rules were stupid to me. If you're gonna have a dress code, why not go all the way. They just had a thing about having a cap on.

Well one of my buddies just called me up and told me that Lavar's new restaurant "Sidelines" which is supposed to be a Sportsbar from what I'm told has similar if not more strict rules. He tells me he read where its basically no athletic wear, no timberland boots, no tennis shoes, no caps etc. I mean its supposed to be a Sports Bar. I mean I don't wanna get dressed up to come eat hot wings and a soda. If I'm wrong about the new restaurant rules, somebody please correct me.

I mean Lavar is my man 100 grand but seems to me like he's gonna lose money with those rules if they are true. :cheers:

not allowing athletic gear like jerseys is kinda foolish. I do respect how he wants to make the joint classy though. However, yeh, a definition of a sports bar is to be able to weary sports jerseys to watch your favorite game.

Maybe they'll relax those rules on certain game nights, like march madness, world series, playoffs of any sport, and weekends during the football season.

Sounds like Sidelines is taking a similar approach to Lucky Strike bar and bolling ally next to the Verizon Ctr. To keep the thug or hip-hop element to a minimal, their dress code bans all sports jerseys except those of teams that are playing in the Verizon Ctr. that day or night.

A social scientist could make an argument that these policies are both racist and classist.

However, every time I've been to Lucky Strike the crowds are multicultural and the patronage doesn't seem to mind the dress code, thus there's always a wait to get a lane.

So I was in this bar in New York City, and a bouncer comes over to me and says "Hey, you gotta take off that cowboy hat!" I ask him why, and he says it's because it's a straight bar and the gays all wear hats.

"Oh really," I snap back. "Down in Texas the only way we can tell is when they cut their hair like yours."

-Ron White

"My man 100 grand"? Really? Seriously? You just said that ... I think you might actually be the lamest person in history.

See you later alligator. :silly:

Its a saying where I'm from main man. Don't read too much into cuzin. You thinking too hard. Relax. :thumbsup:

I've been a couple of times, and I feel the same way. It's a sports bar, but this is what he's doing.

Before 8, you can come in as you are, but after 8 you have to be casual. On Friday's, he moves the tables and turns it into a mini dance floor. Food is so-so, drinks are kind of pricey. I think he's just trying to have something in Maryland, instead of driving in DC all the time.

Archived