Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Weekend with Mr. Joe Gibbs (2 pics)

laythalumber2130

About a month ago, my friend from PA said a friend of her's, who she worked with in 05, won a trip to Daytona through her work. She works for a major Electrical business in PA. The trip was sponsered by Home Depot and was givin to her company for all the business they do with them.The friend then asked her to go.

She knows Im a huge Redskin fan. Shes a die hard Eagles fan. She called me when she got there and said everything was comped. Her room and meals as well as drinks were all free. She stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Daytona.

Later that evening I got a call from her stating that she was less than 10 feet away from Joe Gibbs. I was shocked and then had to sit down. She said they got to have dinner with Joe as well as a bunch of other people in the Home Depot family, including Tony Stewart. Before dinner they had ****tails in a ballroom.

She said she talked with Joe for about twenty minutes, mainly about ME!! He said he appreciates my fanhood and asked for my address to send me something. My fingers are crossed. The next day she had lunch with him and all the other people and got to walk into the garage and so forth. She signed her name in the finish line.

She then got to hold a Washington Redskins Super Bowl Ring owned by Joe Gibbs. Everyone take it in for a moment. This is a true story so please keep negative comments to yourself. I'll let everyone know if Joe does send me something. My friend is on the right and the winner of the trip is on the left.

Very cool story. I'd love to meet him and have a conversation about life, football and how to be a better man, I really idolize him and his way of living life. They're very lucky, the 2 of them. Must have been quite the contrast between Gibbs and Stewart (of whom I'm a fan).

Joe Gibbs seems like he has so much respect for fans. It's unbelievable that he would request your address to send you something (I'm using unbelievable to mean totally amazing, NOT meaning I don't believe it). It's one thing if your friend had requested that he send something to you, and it still would be nice if he agreed. But for him to come up with the idea and offer to do it, that's beyond incredible. My respect for him continues to grow.

Joe Gibbs seems like he has so much respect for fans. It's unbelievable that he would request your address to send you something (I'm using unbelievable to mean totally amazing, NOT meaning I don't believe it). It's one thing if your friend had requested that he send something to you, and it still would be nice if he agreed. But for him to come up with the idea and offer to do it, that's beyond incredible. My respect for him continues to grow.

Thats exactly why I wanted to make this thread. I feel the same way. Plus, the "Should we get him or trade for him" threads are getting very old.

Archived