Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/Redskins.com: Redskins Release Lloyd (Merged & M.E.T.)

kansas-redskin

BL was a mistake. But I had high hopes when he was acquired. The only game I saw him in before he was acquired was against us. In that game he looked like another T.O.

I still thought he could turn it around after the first season. Too bad. I would have made the same mistake Vinny made on this guy.

My hindsight is always 20-20.

My list of people I wish bad things happen to is very small. BL is not on that list. I hope he finds a place to use the talent God gave him.

This wasn't a Vinny pick, he wanted Jurevicious, not Lloyd.

This was a Saunders pick.

Just a thought but don't we at least save a little bit of cap space each year that he is gone. If he stayed on the team he would take up a larger amount of cap space.

The problem with cutting him is that you also have to fill the position. So, it hits you twice. Yes, we don't pay for the gaffe beyond this year, but basically we tie up the $2-$3M dead cap on top of whatever it is we pay his replacement. Hopefully, it's a good replacement.

Anyway, I guess there really wasn't any hope he could perform like he did in San Francisco.

I for one can't believe he lasted as long as he did. It was a bad pick up to begin with, and he showed me absolutely nothing on the field. What the GM saw in him still bewilders me. A good cut, good luck Lloyd, I don't think their will be anyone in line to pick you up.

pal, I posted the thread...my first...was in a hurry...subsequebtly provided the link 3 times since then....give me a break
Ok pal, break given. :)

I was really only suggesting that you go back and include it in your original post. But I guess I did do it in a kind of obnoxious way. My bad.

Ok pal, break given. :)

I was really only suggesting that you go back and include it in your original post. But I guess I did do it in a kind of obnoxious way. My bad.

No problem at all and it took a little time for me to figure it out. Thanks for the line. And as far as Lloyd goes.....think we're far better off.

Archived