Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/Redskins.com: Redskins Release Lloyd (Merged & M.E.T.)

kansas-redskin

I actually recall that being in the Jacksonville game . . . it set up one of Tana's three TD's -- a big play in the game if I'm not mistaken.

I guess we'll remember him for dogging it on that interception against Miami.

Not good when that's your signature play.

I thought his signature play was dropping Campbells first regular season NFL pass.

2 catches for 14 yards in 8-games??? Whooaaa.... can you say EPIC FAILURE!

Dang... I wonder where the poor guy will land with those type of stats.

I guess he knew that axe was coming after he got injured and put his house up for sale.

Cheers BL... :cheers:

I hope you get another job... somewhere...:munchout:

Big contract mistakes happen - sending the Niners a 3rd and 4th round pick made it one of the worst blunders in Redskins history.

Deion, Bruce Smith, Arch Deluxe, these busts didn't cost us 1 if not 2 quality starters on a team that lacks young depth.

I'm saying he had 1 year left on his current contract. The Skins didn't have to give him a new one.

Was that his first reg season NFL pass? I'm thinking of the play when Campbell threw the pic and Lloyd was just like eff it, play's over. Do you mean same play or a play from 2006? I've tried to forget that season.
The play you are thinking of was the first game of this past season when we played the Dolphins, he is referring to the Tampa Bay game, it was Campbells first NFL game and first NFL pass when Campbell threw the bomb to Lloyd and it went right threw his freaking hands.

http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Salaries%20-%20Detail.htm

2008 cap hit= 4.238

According to this his bonus numbers were as follows:

2008= SB= 1.00, Option bonus= .833, Other bonus= 1.8

2009= SB= 1.00, Option bonus= .833

2010= sb= 1.00, Option bonus= .833

2011= option bonus= .833

2012= Option Bonus= .835

Now, I'm no cap expert, but I know that the signing bonus is automatically accellerated to the 2008 cap (unless it's June 1.)

I'm not sure about the option bonuses. If we don't pick up the option, then wouldn't it just go away???

If the "other" bonus, and the signing bonus count, the hit would be 4.8 for the year, an increase of Lloyds number by 600K. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad.

If the option bonuses count as well, then thats another 4.167 that has to be added.

If the option bonuses count, I'm positive this will be a "June 1" exception.......

Was that his first reg season NFL pass? I'm thinking of the play when Campbell threw the pic and Lloyd was just like eff it, play's over. Do you mean same play or a play from 2006? I've tried to forget that season.

Campbell's first regular season pass against Tampa in 2006, where Lloyd had it go through his hands on a beautifully thrown deep ball

The INT was against Miami in the opener this season

You know, if I were the one who started this thread and was told that I had'nt and needed to provide some sort of link or shred of evidence as to where I got my information, I would have by now. :doh:

As for Lloyd...ba bye.

pal, I posted the thread...my first...was in a hurry...subsequebtly provided the link 3 times since then....give me a break

LLyod is a definition of bust. His best moments was in PRESEASON! But when games really mattered he decided that it was not worth it. When we signed Llyod I was like hellz yeaaz after seeing his plays in san fran those one handed grabs and diving catches. I guess somewhere from the plane ride from san fran to dc his " talent " took a different flight

No. I thought his first pass was against Tampa Bay in 06. Lloyd got behind the defenders and dropped it.

OP, still need to either link it or direct the reader to Redskins.com. Don't just report the story without providing the evidence. This protects you, the site and ensures that everyone will continue to read your threads.

Uh oh.. thread police.

I love it when people try to make themselves feel important by bringing other people down.:mad:

Archived