Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we have players on the trade block by any chance...?

michael_33

You keep hearing all these rumors of players being traded or teams interested in players on the trade block and so on....

Are we shopping anyone at all....?

You would think that we would try to get some draft picks for players we plan on releasing anyway?

Is it because their contracts are too balooned or our players suck or what?

i know we are keeping betts and his contract is small,plus we need him...

But what about other guys...?

Like Carlos rogers...=he's sucks(shouldn't we try to get something for him before we cut him or not re-sign him when he's a FA?

or how about Brandon Lloyd?I know he's not worth more than a bag of dorrito's,but I love dorrito's... ;)

Or what about Springs...?I know we could get a decent pick from this guy...He could probably help a team out desperate for a #1 CB....But we need to get younger there and his contract is getting crazy...

I'm not sure looking at trade offers for Cornelius Griffin would be bad idea,if we plan on looking at the D-line in the draft?

We need to get some youth on this team or this will be the Zorn in our side next year! :)

Can anyone give a true answer to this?

There are people that we would like to trade, but nobody would want on our team. Springs might be one person who can be traded but I'm not sure if hes on the block or not.

Yeah, pretty much. Most times the only good trade bait are younger players. The older guys will be more likely to be let go, so teams don't bother trying to trade for them. I think Springs might've been on the trade block, if not for Rogers' injury. We can't afford to let Springs go now, and we wouldn't get much in return for him anyhow.

You lose any bargaining power with other teams when they know you will just release him anyway...why trade for him, when you can get him a couple weeks later after he is released?

That being said, I think we should look to trade Betts...I think that there are late round RB's that are just as talented...Betts for a 3rd round pick would be great.

Springs makes the most sense on the roster just because of his cap number, and the fact he didnt want to redo his contract to give relief. Lloyd to me seems like a sure thing to be on our team next year, new coach with a west coast offense which he was much better in. And the fact it costs us more to cut or trade him, then it would for him to sit on our bench.

Carlos Rogers does not suck..... I find it funny when all these people bash him. So what he doesn't have the greatest hands, thats why he plays defense. He is a very good corner. Don't say anything about the "cushion" he would give, that was GW telling him to do that.

Dude...Carlos lost his job to Smoot!

and Rogers always gets burned...If we don't trade his butt now,he will be worth less than lloyd!

Plus he's coming off an injury...If someone offered me a 4th round pick for him....I'd jump on it!

Carlos Rogers does not suck..... I find it funny when all these people bash him. So what he doesn't have the greatest hands, thats why he plays defense. He is a very good corner. Don't say anything about the "cushion" he would give, that was GW telling him to do that.

I can't agree more there. I really wish Rogers was going to get healthy cause I believe he is the #1 corner on the team prior injury. Anyone who doesnt think CR wasn't a shutdown corner need to get another eye exam. Just a shame I think hes going to be chop liver due to his injury. I have seen people rebound from injuries like he had, but never a cornerback. The position is just to athletic and physical to rebound from an injury like this.

and Rogers always gets burned...If we don't trade his butt now,he will be worth less than lloyd!

Plus he's coming off an injury...If someone offered me a 4th round pick for him....I'd jump on it!

Rogers was always the starter. It was smoot and springs who were rotating in games

being placed on injured reserve doesn't count as losing your starting job.

Rogers has zero worth right now. He's not going to be ready when the season starts.

Springs is too old to generate much interest. I don't think we'd get any value for him.

Brandon Lloyd has zero value. No one would offer a 7th rounder for him.

Griffin, no value. Injuries.

To my knowledge, no one is on the trading block, meaning the Redskins aren't actively looking to trade anyone. If someone blew us away for Betts, I think we'd listen. But I don't really think anyone else would garner much interest that we would be willing to trade (Obviously we could trade Samuels, but we wouldn't do that). Usually, guys who are in the last year of their contract that teams are afraid of losing to free agency the following year make for good trade bait.

Hail,

H

I really wish Rogers was going to get healthy cause I believe he is the #1 corner on the team prior injury. Anyone who doesnt think CR wasn't a shutdown corner need to get another eye exam.

I think you're "misremebering" things if you think Rogers was a "shut down" corner. He's far from that. Rogers was okay, but he did have issues. He plays way too far off the receiver (that could be scheme, but Rogers gets burned too often doing that) and can't catch. I don't have a big problem with Rogers, but he's not a shut down corner, by any stretch of the imagination.

Hail,

H

Well...then I must have been watching the wrong game!

Cause when I was watching...I saw Smoot sticking to his man...getting his hand on the ball....making tackles with that little fram of his....

Springs was playing well when on the field...He's been hurt alot,but when out there,he was all over his man....

Rogers looked like a guy learning football for the first time in his life!confused....dazed....his man always making that key 3 and 7 catch for a 1st down....

Then when the ball hits him in the hands for a huge play,he always drops it....So yes....he sucks!

Like Carlos rogers...=he's sucks(shouldn't we try to get something for him before we cut him or not re-sign him when he's a FA?

Carlos Rogers does NOT Suck. He's one of our best and most physical corners. The problem was Gregg was calling plays that gave that kind of cushion. That isn't 'los fault.

Considering the age, contracts, or physical condition of many of our players -- there aren't too many players that other teams would be interested in. Then there's that matter of 'depth' -- who do we have backing up the guy we'd trade away.

Right now, Rogers, Lloyd, Jansen, Thomas, McIntosh, and others are all coming off of season-ending injuries. Rightly, or wrongly, that tends to drive down their value. Folks like Springs, Portis, Griffin, are desired commodities -- but the pricetag is fairly high.

As for trading Carlos, we're not deep enough at CB to trade away Rogers, unless we sign someone else to fill that role. Considering he's coming off an injury, we probably wouldn't get much for giving Carlos up.

As for McIntosh, his value has dropped once he had yet another injury. He was a desired commodity for a while, but teams were always wary of his injury history.

I suspect there might be interest in some of our top-tier offensive linemen, until you see their age and salaries. We should not consider trading Samuels.

Let's face it, Betts and Sellers are about our only real trade bait that teams might go for. Sure, there woudl be more than a few teams interested in Cooley, but we would be nuts to give him up.

We might be able to interest a few folks in one of two of our our WRs, but we really don't have much experienced depth here. Maybe we could find some team interested in Lloyd, but we aren't going to get anything at all in return.

Frankly, instead of making trades, most teams are simply going to wait to see who the Redskins wind up dropping -- and then they'll swoop in. We just don't have a good trading position right now.

Betts is probably the only one who would make sense to trade (assuming we resign Rock).

Getting rid of Springs makes 0 sense in that Rogers is out for the first part of the season ans Shawn is our best CB. We would love to trade Lloyd, but he has no trade value as he is not worth his current contract.

:doh:

carlos lost his job to a torn acl and was playing well up until that point

smoot on the other hand was shakey at best when he was playing nickle,and only played well once he became a starter again.

Archived